IndiaDivine.org

Meaning of the Harivardhan.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

We are blessed with a boy baby with the grace of lord guruvayur appan, I wish to name it as Harivardhan...may I request to know the meaning of Harivardhan, though I have not heard this name but Visnuvardhan is one famous name quite similiar.

Could any one kinldy tell me what would Harivardhan mean.

Thanking you-

Rahul A Manthalkar,

77 Railway lines.

soalpur

Maharashtra

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

SrI:

Dear Sri Atul:

Hari Varadhan means Hari the Boon grantor . This is a beautiful name that you are thinking about .

Whenever You refer to the name of Hari Naama Sankeertanam will come to one's mind . Hari is the Supreme Lord of the Universes . He is defined as the One , who lives in a the Govardhana hill accordign to Sri VishNu Sahasra Naama Commentator , Swamy ParAsara Bhattar . Hari is the 656th name of Sri VishNu Sahsra Naamam . Hari also means green . One can extend this meaning to TuLasi . Hari's glories are sung in the sacred book named " Hari Vamsam  " . Here the Lord Himself the meaning of the Name Hari :

" Being invoked in sacrifices , I accept the oblations ( Havis) offered to Me  and therefore I am called Hari . That superior color of mine is green , and therefore I am called Hari .

Varadhan is the grantor of all the boons that one seeks ( Dharma ,

Artha , Kaama , Moksham -the Four kinds of goals of life one seeks). Varadhan is the name of the most celebrated God at Kaanchipuram revered as Varada Raajan ( in short Varadhan). 

Sri Varadaraja Panchaasath , Sri DevarAja ashtakam celebrate His glories .These are covered in our ebook series .

Please refer to them for a cleraer understanding of the Vaibhavm of Lord Varadhan and visit Kaanchi for His darsanam.

In summary , Hari Varadhan means the Boon Granting Varadhan , who is none other than Hari (Sriman NarayaNan) , 

consort of Mahaa Lakshmi .

Names for Female child can therefore be Hari Priya , Hari Vallabhai. 

Thanks for all the support that you are giving to visitors to Pandripur and other Maharashtra Temples near by ,

With blessings for Long life to Your new born son ,

V.Sadagopan    

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:41 PM, rahul atul <rahul4sk wrote:

Dear Friends,

We are blessed with a boy baby with the grace of lord guruvayur appan, I wish to name it as Harivardhan...may I request to know the meaning of Harivardhan, though I have not heard this name but Visnuvardhan is one famous name quite similiar.

Thanking you-

Rahul A Manthalkar,

77 Railway lines.

soalpur

Maharashtra

-- V.Sadagopanhttp://www.Sundarasimham.org http://www.sadagopan.org

http://www.thiuppavai.org

Dear Sirs,

I thought it was 'vardhan' and not 'varadhan'; vardhan is to enhance. multiply?

I could be wrong.

K Raghunathan

Varadachari Sadagopan <pvaradhanrahul atul <rahul4skCc: iyer123 ; Sent: Sat, 23 January, 2010 6:28:16 PMRe: Meaning of the Harivardhan.

SrI:

Dear Sri Atul:

Hari Varadhan means Hari the Boon grantor . This is a beautiful name that you are thinking about .

Whenever You refer to the name of Hari Naama Sankeertanam will come to one's mind . Hari is the Supreme Lord of the Universes . He is defined as the One , who lives in a the Govardhana hill accordign to Sri VishNu Sahasra Naama Commentator , Swamy ParAsara Bhattar . Hari is the 656th name of Sri VishNu Sahsra Naamam . Hari also means green . One can extend this meaning to TuLasi . Hari's glories are sung in the sacred book named "Hari Vamsam ". Here the Lord Himself the meaning of the Name Hari :

" Being invoked in sacrifices , I accept the oblations ( Havis) offered to Me and therefore I am called Hari . That superior color of mine is green , and therefore I am called Hari .

Varadhan is the grantor of all the boons that one seeks ( Dharma ,

Artha , Kaama , Moksham -the Four kinds of goals of life one seeks). Varadhan is the name of the most celebrated God at Kaanchipuram revered as Varada Raajan ( in short Varadhan).

Sri Varadaraja Panchaasath , Sri DevarAja ashtakam celebrate His glories .These are covered in our ebook series .

Please refer to them for a cleraer understanding of the Vaibhavm of Lord Varadhan and visit Kaanchi for His darsanam.

In summary , Hari Varadhan means the Boon Granting Varadhan , who is none other than Hari (Sriman NarayaNan) ,

consort of Mahaa Lakshmi .

Names for Female child can therefore be Hari Priya , Hari Vallabhai.

Thanks for all the support that you are giving to visitors to Pandripur and other Maharashtra Temples near by ,

With blessings for Long life to Your new born son ,

V.Sadagopan

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:41 PM, rahul atul <rahul4sk (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Dear Friends,

We are blessed with a boy baby with the grace of lord guruvayur appan, I wish to name it as Harivardhan. ..may I request to know the meaning of Harivardhan, though I have not heard this name but Visnuvardhan is one famous name quite similiar.

Thanking you-

Rahul A Manthalkar,

77 Railway lines.

soalpur

Maharashtra

-- V.Sadagopanhttp://www.Sundaras imham.org http://www.sadagopa n.orghttp://www.thiuppav ai.org