IndiaDivine.org

I wonder ???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Vaishnavas,

Dandavats Pranams!

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha.

I found this below song sourced from a collection of Vaishnava poems from a devotee classic collection. Kindly do not take this as personal and pray that you enjoy the essence.

Dasanu das,

Manoram Chaitanya das.

I WONDER

If Our Acharya visited you,Maybe just for a day or two.and came by unexpectedly,I wonder what you'd do.

Oh, I know you'd give your nicest room,To such an honored guest,And all the food you'd offer,Would be the very best.

And you would keep assuring him,you're glad to have him there,That serving him within your home,Is a joy beyond compare.

BUT...

If you saw him coming,Would you meet him at the door,With arms outstretched to welcomethis honored visitor?

OR ...

Would you have to change your clothesBefore you let him in ?Or hide some magazinesAnd put the Gita where they'd been ?

Would you watch those mundane movies,upon your TV set ?Would you have to answer e-mailwhile he was taking rest?

Would you run to turn your music off,before it reached his ears ?And put the Thiruman on your foreheadOr bind or shave your hairs ?

Would you hide away your Gameboy,take your posters off the wall ?Would you have to hide the DVDs,you just bought at the mall ?

AND, I wonder ... If the Acharyan spentA day or two with you,

Would you go right on doingThe things you always do ?

Would you go right on sayingThe things you always say ?Would life for you continueAs it does from day to day ?

Would you gossip with your partnerabout devotees' faults ?Would you have to re-cook dinnerWithout Onion and Garlic?

Would you sing the songs you always singAnd read the books you read ?And let him know the things on whichyour mind and spirit feed ?

Would our Acharyan be invitedEverywhere you planed to go ?Or, would you, maybe, change your plans,Just for a day or so ?

Would you be glad to have him meetyour very closest friends?Or, would you hope they'd stay awayUntil his visit ends?

Would you be glad to have him stayForever on and on?OR ... Would you sigh with great relief,When finally he had gone ?

It might be interesting to knowThe things that you would doIf our Acharyan, or the Lord,came to spend some time with you.

This is fantastik song which will lead to introspection.

Many thanks for forwarding such an outright piece.

thanks

sukumar

On Behalf Of manoram chaitanyadasTuesday, February 02, 2010 10:40 PMOppiliappan swamy group; Desika Sampradayam; Parakala Matam; Ramanuja Mission; Sri Ranga Sri I wonder ???

Dear Vaishnavas,

Dandavats Pranams!

I found this below song sourced from a collection of Vaishnava poems from a devotee classic collection. Kindly do not take this as personal and pray that you enjoy the essence.

Dasanu das,

Manoram Chaitanya das.

I WONDER

If Our Acharya visited you,Maybe just for a day or two.and came by unexpectedly,I wonder what you'd do.

Oh, I know you'd give your nicest room,To such an honored guest,And all the food you'd offer,Would be the very best.

And you would keep assuring him,you're glad to have him there,That serving him within your home,Is a joy beyond compare.

BUT...

If you saw him coming,Would you meet him at the door,With arms outstretched to welcomethis honored visitor?

OR ...

Would you have to change your clothesBefore you let him in ?Or hide some magazinesAnd put the Gita where they'd been ?

Would you watch those mundane movies,upon your TV set ?Would you have to answer e-mailwhile he was taking rest?

Would you run to turn your music off,before it reached his ears ?And put the Thiruman on your foreheadOr bind or shave your hairs ?

Would you hide away your Gameboy,take your posters off the wall ?Would you have to hide the DVDs,you just bought at the mall ?

Would you go right on sayingThe things you always say ?Would life for you continueAs it does from day to day ?

Would you gossip with your partnerabout devotees' faults ?Would you have to re-cook dinnerWithout Onion and Garlic?

Would you sing the songs you always singAnd read the books you read ?And let him know the things on whichyour mind and spirit feed ?

Would our Acharyan be invitedEverywhere you planed to go ?Or, would you, maybe, change your plans,Just for a day or so ?

Would you be glad to have him meetyour very closest friends?Or, would you hope they'd stay awayUntil his visit ends?

Would you be glad to have him stayForever on and on?OR ... Would you sigh with great relief,When finally he had gone ?

It might be interesting to knowThe things that you would doIf our Acharyan, or the Lord,came to spend some time with you.

Namaste

Very true indeed. Especially the last para of your Acharyan visiting your house like a true 'athithi'. Yes athithis are those unexpected visitors whom it is said that we should treat them as if Vishnu arrived our home. Even the saligrama (I don't have it) or the dieties that we keep in our puja room should remind us to mend our behaviour on a daily basis - no loud laughs, cries, shouts, snores etc., If we consider and be aware of Vishnu lying within each of us every moment we should as well become disciplined in a truly shastric way inside out.

Finally questions like the below trouble me:

-> when should I grasp the whole corpus of divine shastra given to us by Acharyas and Lord himself. My inner eye is not opened due to the lack of this.

-> atleast when should I follow rituals/procedures of nitya/naimittika karmas as ordained by shastra OR

-> when should I ingrain the spiritual/esoteric purports behind the nitya/naimittika karmas instead of a dogmatism or blind following

-> when should I treat the dieties in my home as if they are Lord and mend my behaviour

-> even at this stage, I am undecided as to what will I do when He appears now, as I think I am not fit enough to look Him into the eye being a wayward son of His.

If I reconcile my present position, taking into account my Vishnu gyana, I think I cannot have a vision of a shuddha satva rupa of Vishnu having gyanaananda shareera. I would better be fit enough to settle for a Lord Krishna in a temple nearby my home which is clear and visible to my prakrutik eye.

thanks

sukumar

Koti Sreekrishna [tatachar]Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:38 PMsukumar; manoramjps; Subject: RE: I wonder ???

Yes, very realistic poem. Makes us introspect.

It is not just one's Acharyan,

it is applicable to any guest for that matter.

Almost any guest interferes with our routine-

may it be at home or in office.

When we have a visitor, we make sure what

kind of the food he/she likes, and take them

to the best restaurant. We request the guest

to select the wine. Obviously we don't

offer a cold sandwich or take guest to

some fast food chain- unless the guest insists.

The amount we enjoy a guest is directly

proportional to how well we can entertain

that guest and vive versa.

Pleasing a guest means offering/doing

what pleases the guest, or at least

what we think pleases the guest.

This needs varying degrees of adjustment

on part of both.

Make yourself home is the best request we can make

to a (trusted) guest.

The period of time we can entertain a guest is

inversely proportional to how we need to readjust.

Almost any guest beyond 3-days will turn

into a pest! Any Acharyan included!!!

On the part of any guest including one's Achaaaryan,

the one who is less fussy, unassuming and simple are

the best. Sometimes Acharyan may be fine, but his

chelas can be a mess.

A complaining guest is a pest from the moment

he or she steps in and should be eradicated as we would

jerk off a bug or pull out a lice as soon as we notice it.

The worst guest is one who stays around without giving

us a clue and then goes around and complains

behind our back, after having taken good part of our time.

We should not invite them to home ever again. If they show

up on their own, we can treat them without making any

special adjustments.

Actually "atithi devO bhava" is such a great phrase with

"atithi" as the greatest word there. Atithi is one who just

shows up randomly, without a specific invitation on our part

(we might have said casually, please visit us) or a person not

even known to us before. Such a person is truly "deva".

God is one such person, because Lord resides in us all

equally with or without invocation or invitation (avaahanam).

The real suprabhaatam and avaahanams are for us to wake up

from our spiritual slumber and recognize the Lord who has arrived

(actually had never left)! Taittiriya upanishad says, if you are

eating a first class food, offer that to guest. If you are

eating a second rate food, just offer that to guest; if you are

eating a third rate food (thrice warmed..), just offer that to guest.

This is what we are supposed to do before we eat anything- offer it

to ever present guest (Lord) an then eat it as prasaadam!

Humility is eating even a dead crow (if that is all you could find)

as prasaadam. not necessarily going bankrupt to make

pongal which would drip ghee through our elbow!!!

This may be amusing, but ThirukuDandai Andavan (Sri KaNNan swamy)

during his visit to Bangalore, stayed in his ashram which is very close to our house in II block Jayanagar. My father would invite him, he would never accept. As he pleased, he would just come with few shishyas

at random times and knock at our door like a milk man or a post man! That is because he used to take some walks and as he passed by our house, once in a while, he would just knock and come in. He would just

walk around the house a she pleased, ask some trivial

questions, just like close friend . He did not mind how all the house members were. My parents used to get bit anxious and rush me to wear face marks, fall on my face, and also make me wake up and adore my brother's forehead with naamam as well. At one time, my brother refused to wake up and I went ahead and put thirumaN and SrichurNam on his forehead as he napped (in case Sri KaNNan swamy happened to enter the room). He (my brother) is still alive and the Swamy lives in my heart and mind.

Now this part of poem is amusing:

>>If our Acharyan, or the Lord,came to spend some time with you.<<

Lord is ViSHNU is sarva vyaapi)- no question of coming

and going. It is us who need to see that he has already arrived.

dAsan

KST

sukumar <sukumar'manoram chaitanyadas' <manoramjps; 'Sri Ranga Sri' Wed, Feb 3, 2010 6:49 amRE: I wonder ???

This is fantastic song which will lead to introspection.

Many thanks for forwarding such an outright piece.

thanks

sukumar

On Behalf Of manoram chaitanyadasTuesday, February 02, 2010 10:40 PMOppiliappan swamy group; Desika Sampradayam; Parakala Matam; Ramanuja Mission; Sri Ranga Sri I wonder ???

Dear Vaishnavas,

Dandavats Pranams!

Dasanu das,

Manoram Chaitanya das.

I WONDER

BUT...

OR ...