IndiaDivine.org

Answer to Quiz # 29 and my visit to India 2010

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Bhaagavatas;

Quiz # 29 was:Give the names of the seven sacred grasses that may be worn during performance of any of the religious rites prescribed in the Saastras.The correct Answer is:1.Vishvamithra, 2. Kusha, 3.Kasha, 4.Durva [aruham], 5.Vreehaya [paddy], 6.Balbaja and 7.Yava [barley]================================================================================== Only the following have answered and answered correctly.

Srinivasa ramanujam (bsrinivasaramanujam)

vishvamithra, kusha, kasha, durva [aruham], vreehaya [paddy], balbaja, and yava [barley]

Radha (vale_543)

1.Vishvamithra, 2. Kusha, 3.Kasha, 4.Durva[aruham], 5.Vreehaya [paddy], 6.Balbaja and 7.Yava [barley].

Congratulation to them.=================================================================================VISIT TO INDIA - 2010I will be away in India (Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, Srirangam etc) from 12th March to 10th May 2010. My visit is in connection with the release of my 2 new books* at Srirangam on 21st March 2010 (90th Tirunakshatram of Srimad Andavan, Poundarikapuram Swami Asramam, Srirangam) * The names of the 2 books are1. Fasts, Feasts and Festivals in Hinduism – What, How and more importantly the WHY of these”2. Vedic Rites, Non-Vedic Rites and Rites of Passage – Are they relevant in the modern context?”

Besides the usual trip to Kancheepuram and Tiruveheendrapuram etc, I would also like to take this opportunity to visit and explore how we could help the 6 Divyadesams all around Kancheepuram (vide details below) that have been consecrated by our venerable Azhwars but which are today languishing for want of funds even for Deepam, Vastram and Neivedhyam.

I reproduce excerpts of my posting on the subject for your information:

TIRUVELUKKAI AZHAGIYA SINGAR

Sung by Periyazhwar and Tirumangai Azhwar.

This temple is in dilapidated condition with just Sannidhis for Perumal, Thayar and Garudan.

Even the Rajagopuram is not seen today.

2. TIRUNEERAGAM: JAGADEESA PERUMAL

Sung by Tirumangai Azhwar

This is near UlagaLanda Perumal Koil. This is the kshETram (that I was mentioning)

where the moolavar Vigraham has been cast away near a pond uncared for.

3. NILAATHINGHAL THUNDA PERUMAL

Sung by Tirumangai Azhwar.

This temple is inside Ekambreswarar koil.

There is no Utsava moorthi. No Pooja is performed and no annual utsavams are being celebrated.

4. TIRUKKAARAGAM KARUNAKARA PERUMAL

Not much is known about the original temple, PushkaraNi etc.

5. TIRUKKAARVAANAM KALVA PERUMAL

There is no Utsava moorthi. No Pooja is performed and no annual utsavams are being celebrated.

6. TIRUKKALVANUR ADI VARAHA PERUMAL.

The Sannidhi of Anjivalli Nachiyar is dilapidated. The famous Nitya Pushakarani is not seen now!

Those who wish to join me in this effort may contact me at ramanbil The “Quiz of the week” program is temporarily halted for now and will be resumed on my return in May 2010. I heartily thank all the participants who provided answers to the program so far. DasohamAnbil Ramaswamy

============================================================================