IndiaDivine.org

Kaadu Kutthudal at Srirangam on 16 Mar 2010 and related

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Bhaagavathaas,

I am glad to share the experience at Srirangam on 16 Mar 2010 with the devotees group. This gives me great pleasure to relate things to Lord Ranganatha and find more ways of doing so. I had a granddaughter last year whom we names as Hari Priya Andal. They stay in US and when they are in India we have festive days. The baby is about 8 months and time for Kaadu Kutthudal (ear holing), Karna bhooshanams.

When I visit Srirangam I try to read simple Tamil scripting around written for guiding pilgrims. Some time back opposite to main KOIL entrance huge Garuda SANNIDHI, I could make out the words “Kaadu Kutthudal†and a mobile phone number is written.

I had done some enquiries and found this is some kind of custom (ritual) performed since long time by tradition, that small girls have ear holing near Garuda SANNIDHI. Temple authorities charge a nominal fee Rs 12 for this SEVA. All SEVAS at Lord Ranganatha temple, Srirangam are priced minimal and nominal say Rs 3 for Aarathi, Rs 20 for quick darshan, Rs 50 for VIP darshan, Rs 250 for VVIP, Less than market prices of goods for TULAABHARAM sugar, jagri and so on. Probably the “MONEY†part is not relevant and “BHAKTHI†part is more emphasized. Or the other dimension of service, that many people can afford this and have satisfaction of SEVA to Lord Ranganatha.

Now I get many questions, why Garuda SANNIDHI is taken for ear holing. We arrived at main temple at 10 am. On enquiry at temple office one person guided us to the KARYAKAR. His name is Rangan and was contacted by the referred mobile phone. From his appearance itself he does this job from generations. The next door shop keeper also helped us looking at small child with us, showing us a place to wait just opposite.

Unique this time at Srirangam is this place where we waited. It is “AMRITHA SAMETHA GARUDAN SANNIDHIâ€. This was never notice by me earlier. We went inside the sanctum and after darshan of GARUDAN; we had chat with swami there. He explained the deeds of GARUDAN, VAINATHEYA. And he was owner of SAAMA VEDA. I read elsewhere Garuda too GARUDAN is VEDA SWARUPI. The narrations of swami enlightened us once again. GARUDAN took birth as PERIYA ALWAR.

Veda is never written. Because all sounds do not have syllables. Garuda is VEDA SWARUPI. Periya Alwar who established VISHNU beyond any doubt in the court of Pandya raja is incarnation of GARUDAN. He needed no formal education as he himself is VEDAS. Ears are to be blessed by Lord GARUDAN. Now certain correlations are evident before me, that I understand why GARUDA SANNIDHI is chosen for ear holing.

Some learned devotees may high light different reasons that can strengthen the context.

My mind was clear this ear holing of my granddaughter is definitely a blessing from Lord Ranganatha and Garuda Alwar (Periya Alwar). Incidentally my granddaughter’s name included “ ANDALâ€.

Lord Ranganatha shall bless us ALL. His APAARA KARUNA may come to all of us in many of His ways.

We had Namperumal DARSHAN with all Alwars on Chandana madapam also as a special surprise gift on TELUGU new year day. Inside the sanctum Ranganatha is as “ Saptha praakara madhye , sarasija mukulod bhaasamane, .. Vimane†a song which my grandmother used to sing for me when I was aged five. Today fifty years passed and the same sweetness continues when we see Lord Ranganatha. One of our devotees wrote to me this special tender smile of Lord is a grace of Bhagavad Ramanuja, as Bhagavan is always around here protecting us and Lord Ranganatha is seeing this.

I am thankful for all devotees for their valuable time and kind words.

~ Ever humble to all devotees – Peesapati V V Seetharama Chari

~ Web site – http://etemples.net

MAAMEKAM SARANAM VRAJA

P V V S Chari