IndiaDivine.org

The parabola!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Selfishness: Once upon a time long long ago... The natural instincts..

It is funny that I used to take care of myself so diligently that I,

never missed to comb my hair to appear good, never missed to wear

slippers that would protect my legs, never missed to wear glamorous

dresses that would appear tidy, never missed to take care of my health

and never missed to keep myself happy all the time by saving and

spending all the money that I could, for myself and only myself. I had

always dreamt of marrying the most beautiful girl and have great

children, become stinking rich with all facilities, cars, bungalows

and what not and live for ever like this.

Realisation: Altruism - A Transformation towards the Second Dimension...

But then, when, all of a sudden, the seed of altruism, that had been

sown deep inside me from time unknown, had started sprouting into a

young plant, everything became reverse. I never used to bother about

myself, my looks, my health, my happiness, but always used to think

about others, how to make sure no one else suffers, how to feed to

poor ones, how to make someone happy etc. A sudden change from selfish

nature to an altruistic nature was pretty apparent as I was doing

everything opposite. And perhaps that was my idea of the so called

philosophies that I had read without any guidance. 'After-all every

religion preaches altruism and says live for others. So does

Srivaishnavism doesn't it' was my thought. So, whoever 'I thought' was

needy I used to help them. I have spent my money on so many things

that I can't really list out here due to the large count, but then,

yes, I helped(?) whoever I could without any hesitation. And I was

enjoying the same big time. And thought this was all life i.e. live

for others and die for others. Renunciation was the ultimate goal in

life for me. I detached myself from everyone and was trying to live a

life of a sanyAsi and wanted to die soon and get out of this

materialistic world.

The Real-isation:)

All of a sudden, a miracle happened. I happened to meet and be blessed

by a wonderful AchAryan whom I strongly believe is an unsurpassed one

(and that no one in the future too could ever parallel). After this

event, I started seeing things in a third dimension. I learned that

1) To keep other others happy, I must be happy (inge kANa ippirappE

magizhvar).

2) To serve others I must keep up good health (pandanRu pattinam kAppE).

3) Being a representative of the serving community, I must look good

and appealing(inkoL pAdal vallAr madhanar minnidai avarkke), be a

pride member(aruL mAri, arattamukki, adayAr seeyam).

4) I should not detach myself from this world, rather attach myself in

order to gel well with this world to serve it better(acchuvai perinum

vEndEn).

5) I should get married, have children who will represent me in this

community and continue what I have done, thus giving them an

opportunity to get to do this great service and possess this wonderful

knowledge (nalla padhatthAl manai vAzhvar, VAittha nan makkalaippetru

magizhvar).

6) I should have cars to take bhAgavathAs to divyadEsams, have

bungalows for them to stay and be rich to feed their needs all the

time (ulagil eindha perum selvattharAi tirumAladiyArgaLai pUsikka

nOttrArgaLe)

7) I should live long and perform as much kainkaryam as possible in

this leelA vibhuthi itself(nIrmali vaiyatthu nIdu niRpArgaLE).

I realised that I have started doing the same thing that I had been

doing in my first phase of life, before the pseudo realisation. Now I

am back to square one, but with a different mindset.

To me it is like a Parabola which starts from zero, and has two

infinite ends, one on the positive quadrant and the other on the

negative quadrant. We started our travel from time immemorial and so

is our karma - this starts on the negative quadrant at infinity. As we

travel we hit the zero where we think all these are wrong, nothing is

real, and feel the 'shunyam' of this world (advaitam stops with this

perhaps). Then comes our emperumanar who pulls us out of this zero and

leads, guides and takes us to the other side of this infinite travel,

the nithya kainkaryam on the positive quadrant. What we do in the

negative quadrant, we do in the positive quadrant too. The only

difference is being " positive " . Now I feel that this world is pretty

much real, we are all real, we must live the way we have been designed

for, but just with a different mindset that it is all for his

happiness. When we do for our happiness alone, we come down to zero at

some point and as we do it for His happiness we grow to infinity;)

So, both the sides of the parabola are real and needed (the y axis is

positive always). It is only the x axis that determines whether we are

on negative(karma) side or positive(kainkaryam) side. Which axis would

you take up?

adiyEn

dAsan

Guest guest

SrI:| Dear Lakshmi Narasimhan Swamin: really wonderful write-up and adiyEn enjoyed reading the parabolic nature of life. Indeed adiyEn also travelled through that and now with blessings of dhivyadampathis, adiyEn is at positve side of parabola and wish the same to happen for all and evryone in the world! adiyEn senthil.bLakshmi Narasimhan <nrusimhann wrote: Selfishness: Once upon a time long long ago... The natural instincts..It is funny that I used

to take care of myself so diligently that I,never missed to comb my hair to appear good, never missed to wearslippers that would protect my legs, never missed to wear glamorousdresses that would appear tidy, never missed to take care of my healthand never missed to keep myself happy all the time by saving andspending all the money that I could, for myself and only myself. I hadalways dreamt of marrying the most beautiful girl and have greatchildren, become stinking rich with all facilities, cars, bungalows and what not and live for ever like this.Realisation: Altruism - A Transformation towards the Second Dimension...But then, when, all of a sudden, the seed of altruism, that had beensown deep inside me from time unknown, had started sprouting into ayoung plant, everything became reverse. I never used to bother aboutmyself, my looks, my health, my happiness, but always used to thinkabout others, how to make

sure no one else suffers, how to feed topoor ones, how to make someone happy etc. A sudden change from selfishnature to an altruistic nature was pretty apparent as I was doingeverything opposite. And perhaps that was my idea of the so calledphilosophies that I had read without any guidance. 'After-all everyreligion preaches altruism and says live for others. So doesSrivaishnavism doesn't it' was my thought. So, whoever 'I thought' wasneedy I used to help them. I have spent my money on so many thingsthat I can't really list out here due to the large count, but then,yes, I helped(?) whoever I could without any hesitation. And I wasenjoying the same big time. And thought this was all life i.e. livefor others and die for others. Renunciation was the ultimate goal inlife for me. I detached myself from everyone and was trying to live alife of a sanyAsi and wanted to die soon and get out of thismaterialistic

world.The Real-isation:)All of a sudden, a miracle happened. I happened to meet and be blessedby a wonderful AchAryan whom I strongly believe is an unsurpassed one(and that no one in the future too could ever parallel). After thisevent, I started seeing things in a third dimension. I learned that1) To keep other others happy, I must be happy (inge kANa ippirappEmagizhvar).2) To serve others I must keep up good health (pandanRu pattinam kAppE).3) Being a representative of the serving community, I must look goodand appealing(inkoL pAdal vallAr madhanar minnidai avarkke), be apride member(aruL mAri, arattamukki, adayAr seeyam).4) I should not detach myself from this world, rather attach myself inorder to gel well with this world to serve it better(acchuvai perinumvEndEn).5) I should get married, have children who will represent me in thiscommunity and continue what I have done, thus giving them

anopportunity to get to do this great service and possess this wonderfulknowledge (nalla padhatthAl manai vAzhvar, VAittha nan makkalaippetrumagizhvar).6) I should have cars to take bhAgavathAs to divyadEsams, havebungalows for them to stay and be rich to feed their needs all thetime (ulagil eindha perum selvattharAi tirumAladiyArgaLai pUsikkanOttrArgaLe)7) I should live long and perform as much kainkaryam as possible inthis leelA vibhuthi itself(nIrmali vaiyatthu nIdu niRpArgaLE).I realised that I have started doing the same thing that I had beendoing in my first phase of life, before the pseudo realisation. Now Iam back to square one, but with a different mindset.To me it is like a Parabola which starts from zero, and has twoinfinite ends, one on the positive quadrant and the other on thenegative quadrant. We started our travel from time immemorial and sois our karma - this starts on the negative

quadrant at infinity. As wetravel we hit the zero where we think all these are wrong, nothing isreal, and feel the 'shunyam' of this world (advaitam stops with thisperhaps). Then comes our emperumanar who pulls us out of this zero andleads, guides and takes us to the other side of this infinite travel,the nithya kainkaryam on the positive quadrant. What we do in thenegative quadrant, we do in the positive quadrant too. The onlydifference is being "positive". Now I feel that this world is prettymuch real, we are all real, we must live the way we have been designedfor, but just with a different mindset that it is all for hishappiness. When we do for our happiness alone, we come down to zero atsome point and as we do it for His happiness we grow to infinity;)So, both the sides of the parabola are real and needed (the y axis ispositive always). It is only the x axis that determines whether we areon negative(karma)

side or positive(kainkaryam) side. Which axis wouldyou take up?adiyEndAsan

Check out what you're missing if you're not on Messenger

Guest guest

SrI: SrimatE rAmAnujAya nama: SrimatE varavara munayE nama: Nice article. Kinda reminds me of a shloka from the Bhagawad Gita: Yad yad Acarati sreshtAh tad tad evatarO janah: | sA yet pramanam kurutE lokah tat anuvartatE||Whatever action is performed by a greatman, the common man follows him. The standards that he sets by his exemplary acts are pursued by the world. --dasan Lakshmi Narasimhan <nrusimhann wrote: Selfishness: Once upon a time long long ago... The natural instincts..It is funny that I used to take care of myself so diligently that I,never missed to comb my hair to appear good, never missed to wearslippers that would protect my legs, never missed to wear glamorousdresses that would appear tidy, never missed to take care of my healthand never missed to keep myself happy all the time by saving andspending all the money that I could, for myself and only myself. I hadalways dreamt of marrying the most beautiful girl and have greatchildren, become stinking rich with all facilities, cars, bungalows and what not and live for ever like this.Realisation: Altruism - A Transformation towards the Second Dimension...But then, when, all of a sudden, the seed of altruism, that had beensown deep inside me from time unknown, had started sprouting

into ayoung plant, everything became reverse. I never used to bother aboutmyself, my looks, my health, my happiness, but always used to thinkabout others, how to make sure no one else suffers, how to feed topoor ones, how to make someone happy etc. A sudden change from selfishnature to an altruistic nature was pretty apparent as I was doingeverything opposite. And perhaps that was my idea of the so calledphilosophies that I had read without any guidance. 'After-all everyreligion preaches altruism and says live for others. So doesSrivaishnavism doesn't it' was my thought. So, whoever 'I thought' wasneedy I used to help them. I have spent my money on so many thingsthat I can't really list out here due to the large count, but then,yes, I helped(?) whoever I could without any hesitation. And I wasenjoying the same big time. And thought this was all life i.e. livefor others and die for others. Renunciation was the ultimate

goal inlife for me. I detached myself from everyone and was trying to live alife of a sanyAsi and wanted to die soon and get out of thismaterialistic world.The Real-isation:)All of a sudden, a miracle happened. I happened to meet and be blessedby a wonderful AchAryan whom I strongly believe is an unsurpassed one(and that no one in the future too could ever parallel). After thisevent, I started seeing things in a third dimension. I learned that1) To keep other others happy, I must be happy (inge kANa ippirappEmagizhvar).2) To serve others I must keep up good health (pandanRu pattinam kAppE).3) Being a representative of the serving community, I must look goodand appealing(inkoL pAdal vallAr madhanar minnidai avarkke), be apride member(aruL mAri, arattamukki, adayAr seeyam).4) I should not detach myself from this world, rather attach myself inorder to gel well with this world to serve it

better(acchuvai perinumvEndEn).5) I should get married, have children who will represent me in thiscommunity and continue what I have done, thus giving them anopportunity to get to do this great service and possess this wonderfulknowledge (nalla padhatthAl manai vAzhvar, VAittha nan makkalaippetrumagizhvar).6) I should have cars to take bhAgavathAs to divyadEsams, havebungalows for them to stay and be rich to feed their needs all thetime (ulagil eindha perum selvattharAi tirumAladiyArgaLai pUsikkanOttrArgaLe)7) I should live long and perform as much kainkaryam as possible inthis leelA vibhuthi itself(nIrmali vaiyatthu nIdu niRpArgaLE).I realised that I have started doing the same thing that I had beendoing in my first phase of life, before the pseudo realisation. Now Iam back to square one, but with a different mindset.To me it is like a Parabola which starts from zero, and has twoinfinite ends,

one on the positive quadrant and the other on thenegative quadrant. We started our travel from time immemorial and sois our karma - this starts on the negative quadrant at infinity. As wetravel we hit the zero where we think all these are wrong, nothing isreal, and feel the 'shunyam' of this world (advaitam stops with thisperhaps). Then comes our emperumanar who pulls us out of this zero andleads, guides and takes us to the other side of this infinite travel,the nithya kainkaryam on the positive quadrant. What we do in thenegative quadrant, we do in the positive quadrant too. The onlydifference is being "positive". Now I feel that this world is prettymuch real, we are all real, we must live the way we have been designedfor, but just with a different mindset that it is all for hishappiness. When we do for our happiness alone, we come down to zero atsome point and as we do it for His happiness we grow to

infinity;)So, both the sides of the parabola are real and needed (the y axis ispositive always). It is only the x axis that determines whether we areon negative(karma) side or positive(kainkaryam) side. Which axis wouldyou take up?adiyEndAsan

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.