IndiaDivine.org

Must Read: CHENNAI Velacheri Sri Yoga Narasimhar Brahmatsovam!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear bhAgavathAs,

adiyEn's namaskAram to all. Please find below the Brahmothsavam

details of Sri Yoga Narasimha Swamy of one of the oldest and reputed

place in chennai named vEdaSreni(now called Velachery). I had enquired

a great scholar about the place(I live in Velachery) and that swAmy

had mentioned that this entire Velachery was supposedly a place filled

up with great vEda vidwAns in olden days and that this Narasimha Swamy

temple itself is not new as most people perceive. I could imagine as

there is " still " a street next to the kovil named 'brAhmaNa street'.

The temple is surrounded by kind of slum today i.e. basically

encroached, but one could see that it had been a huge agrahAram as

many of the houses display the agrahAra style. I was blessed to attend

the 2nd and 3rd day(yesterday) of the brahmOtsavam. Today is the 4th

day and tonight the vAhanam is periya tiruvadi. I found that there

wasn't much people for goshti(few sincere localites are joining for

goshti) and that there aren't even iyengAr people, rather, boys to

offer hand to lift perumal(with vAhanam) just from the Sannidhi to the

cart(in which perumAl's procession happens).

I would request interested bhAgavathAs who are localites of

AdampAkkam, vElachEry, taramaNi etc to join hands and make this

brahmOtsavam a grand success. The mUlavar yOga narasimhar is a must

see deity particularly during tirumanjanam. He is so beautiful that I

cannot describe the same in my mundane words. thAyAr is even more

beautiful than perumAl. parAngusar, pattarbirAn, parakAlar, yatirAjar,

yatIndra pravNar are all a feast for our eyes! archakAs are very

genuine, all are very humble and united - absolutely no sectarian

clashes at all. Both kalai people come for the goshti, as well as

bhagavad kainkaryam.

'nAdanai narasinganai navindrEtthuvArgal uzhakkiya ap

pAda thUli paduthalAl ivvulagam baakkiyam seidhadhE'

Also, there had been lot of lands around the temple that belongs to

temple but that have been taken away by force. If any bhAgavathA(s)

could talk to temple authorities and offer legal help it would be of

great help - because currently there is a meat shop in the veedhi

itself, the temple wall has become a urinal for the local slum

dwellers and the damaged and old vehicles are parked near the wall of

the temple. Also, some people have shown their painting skill by

drawing pillaiyar and saraswathi on the madhil suvar of perumAl. The

surroundings are dominated by slum that acts as a primary DMK vote bank!

adiyEn,

dAsan!

CHENNAI Velacheri Sri Yoga Narasimhar Brahmatsovam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sri Yoga Narasimha Parabrahmaney Nama

Sri Amirdapalavalli Thyar Sameda Sri Bagthavatchala Parabrahmaney Nama

Srimadey Ramanujaya Nama:

Srimath Varavara munaye Nama:

Arulmigu Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple,

vEdasrEni (Velacheri), Chennai 600 042.

Bramothsava Details of Sarvajith Year - 2007

From 22-04-2007 To 03-05-2007

=============================

Day 1: 22.APR.2007 Sunday

Time : Morning 9.30

Sathapatha thirumanjanm.

: Evening 4.00pm : Anukjai,VaasthuSanthi,Mruthsingaranam,Angurarpanam

: Evening 6.30pm : Senai Mudalvar Purapadu ( Nagara Sothanai)

: Evening 7.30pm : Garuda Pradhistai

Day 2: 23.APR.2007 Monday

Time : Morning 06.00 to 07.00 am Dvajarohanam (Kodiyeetram).

: Evening 4.00pm : Beridhadanam

: Evening 6.00pm : Chandra Prabhai Thiruveedi Ula (VenuGobalan-

Utsaver Ubayanaachiyarudan)

: Evening 9.00pm : Yagasaalai Homam,Thirumanjanam

Day 3: 24.APR.2007 Tuesday

Time : Morning 08.00 am Tholukinayan

: Evening 6.00pm : HamsaVaaganam (Raja alangaram) Thiruveedi vUla

Day 4: 25.APR.2007 Wednesday

: Evening 6.00pm : Sesha Vaaganam (ParamapadhaNadhan) Thiruveedi vUla

Day 5: 26.APR.2007 Thursday

: Evening 6.00pm : Garuda Vaaganam (GajendraVaradan) Thiruveedi vUla

Day 6: 27.APR.2007 Friday

Time : Morning 08.00 am Tholukinayan (Nacchiyar Thirukolam)

: Evening 6.00pm : Hanumantha vaaganam (Sri RamaAvadharam) Thiruveedi

vvUla

Day 7: 28.APR.2007 Saturday

Time : Morning 08.00 am Tholukinayan (Krishnan Thirukolam)

: Evening 4.00pm : Yaanai(Gaja) vaaganam (Utsavar) Thiruveedi vUla,

Hamsha vaaganam (Thaayaar Sannadhi)

: Evening 6.00pm : Maalai Maatrudhal

: Evening 7.00pm : Thirukalyanam

Day 8: 29.APR.2007 Sunday

Time : Morning 08.00 am Kannadi (Mirror) Aarai ( Sridevi Boodevi

samedha Sri Bagthavatchala Perumaal)

: Evening 5.30pm : Surnaa Utsavam

: Evening 6.00pm : Suriya Prabahai(Utsaver Ubayanaachiyarudan)

Thiruveedi vUla,

: Evening 9.00pm : Nel Alavai Kandaruli Saanadhi chernthaudan Thaayar

Sannahi Thriumanjanam

Day 9: 30.APR.2007 Monday

Time : Morning 08.00 am Tholukinayan (VennaiThaali)

: Evening 6.00pm : Kudhirrai (Horse) vaaganam (Raja Alangaram)

Thiruveedi vUla

Day 10: 01.MAY.2007 Tuesday Sri Narasimha Jayanthi

Time : Morning 08.00 am Utsavar Ubayanaachiyarudan purappadu Ther

(cart) (Kalyana Avasaram), Selvar Theerthavaari.

: Evening 3.00pm : Thirumanjanam ( Moolavar)

: Evening 6.00pm : Thiruvaaradhanam. Theertha, prasatha viniyogam.

Day 11: 02.MAY.2007 Wednesday

Time : Evening 3.30pm : Thirumanjanam ( Utsavar)

: Evening 5.00pm : Dhuvadasa aaradhanam. Sapthaavaranam,Purappaadu

,Dhuvaja aaradhanam

: Evening 6.30pm : Theertha prasatha viniyogam.

Day 12: 03.MAY.2007 Thursday Vidaayatri

Time : Evening 6.00pm : Indra Vimanam (Pushpa Alangaram) Thiruveedi vUla

Guest guest

Sri: SrimatE rAmAnujAya namah: Thanks Sri Lakshmi Narasimhan swAmin for this IMPORTANT update. Sri Velacheri Narasimhar is one of the most gorgeous deities (affectionately called by many as "Cooling-glass Narasimhar" for his large, beautiful, compassionate eyes). I saw a handful of Srivaishnavas coming together everyday and do kainkaryams, and it is one of the few temples with no kalai differences - both the Thenkalayars and the Vadakalayars join hands and share the wonderful anubhavams of kainkaryam. Most importantly, the temple bhattars are some of the most sincere I have ever seen in my life - totally uncompromising on standards for the sake of money, and totally sincere in their devotion to the Lord Sri Narasimhar. Unfortunately this temple requires more "publicity" and write-ups like these are rather necessary!! So, my dear brethen of this glorious forum living

in/around Madras, what are you waiting for?? Please rush to Velacheri!! This Narasimhan is Saulabhyan - He is located just on the main road and He can't be missed. We assure you, he will be one of the most divine deities you might have kept your eyes on!!!! dAsan, kidAmbi SoundararAjan.Lakshmi Narasimhan <nrusimhann wrote: Dear bhAgavathAs,adiyEn's namaskAram to all. Please find below the Brahmothsavamdetails of Sri Yoga Narasimha Swamy of one of the

oldest and reputedplace in chennai named vEdaSreni(now called Velachery). I had enquireda great scholar about the place(I live in Velachery) and that swAmyhad mentioned that this entire Velachery was supposedly a place filledup with great vEda vidwAns in olden days and that this Narasimha Swamytemple itself is not new as most people perceive. I could imagine asthere is "still" a street next to the kovil named 'brAhmaNa street'.The temple is surrounded by kind of slum today i.e. basicallyencroached, but one could see that it had been a huge agrahAram asmany of the houses display the agrahAra style. I was blessed to attendthe 2nd and 3rd day(yesterday) of the brahmOtsavam. Today is the 4thday and tonight the vAhanam is periya tiruvadi. I found that therewasn't much people for goshti(few sincere localites are joining forgoshti) and that there aren't even iyengAr people, rather, boys tooffer hand to lift perumal(with

vAhanam) just from the Sannidhi to thecart(in which perumAl's procession happens).I would request interested bhAgavathAs who are localites ofAdampAkkam, vElachEry, taramaNi etc to join hands and make thisbrahmOtsavam a grand success. The mUlavar yOga narasimhar is a mustsee deity particularly during tirumanjanam. He is so beautiful that Icannot describe the same in my mundane words. thAyAr is even morebeautiful than perumAl. parAngusar, pattarbirAn, parakAlar, yatirAjar,yatIndra pravNar are all a feast for our eyes! archakAs are verygenuine, all are very humble and united - absolutely no sectarianclashes at all. Both kalai people come for the goshti, as well asbhagavad kainkaryam.'nAdanai narasinganai navindrEtthuvArgal uzhakkiya appAda thUli paduthalAl ivvulagam baakkiyam seidhadhE'Also, there had been lot of lands around the temple that belongs totemple but that have been taken away by force. If any

bhAgavathA(s)could talk to temple authorities and offer legal help it would be ofgreat help - because currently there is a meat shop in the veedhiitself, the temple wall has become a urinal for the local slumdwellers and the damaged and old vehicles are parked near the wall ofthe temple. Also, some people have shown their painting skill bydrawing pillaiyar and saraswathi on the madhil suvar of perumAl. Thesurroundings are dominated by slum that acts as a primary DMK vote bank!adiyEn,dAsan!CHENNAI Velacheri Sri Yoga Narasimhar Brahmatsovam~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sri Yoga Narasimha Parabrahmaney NamaSri Amirdapalavalli Thyar Sameda Sri Bagthavatchala Parabrahmaney NamaSrimadey Ramanujaya Nama: Srimath Varavara munaye Nama:Arulmigu Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple,vEdasrEni (Velacheri), Chennai 600 042.Bramothsava Details of Sarvajith Year

- 2007From 22-04-2007 To 03-05-2007=============================Day 1: 22.APR.2007 SundayTime : Morning 9.30Sathapatha thirumanjanm.: Evening 4.00pm : Anukjai,VaasthuSanthi,Mruthsingaranam,Angurarpanam: Evening 6.30pm : Senai Mudalvar Purapadu ( Nagara Sothanai): Evening 7.30pm : Garuda PradhistaiDay 2: 23.APR.2007 MondayTime : Morning 06.00 to 07.00 am Dvajarohanam (Kodiyeetram).: Evening 4.00pm : Beridhadanam: Evening 6.00pm : Chandra Prabhai Thiruveedi Ula (VenuGobalan-Utsaver Ubayanaachiyarudan): Evening 9.00pm : Yagasaalai Homam,ThirumanjanamDay 3: 24.APR.2007 TuesdayTime : Morning 08.00 am Tholukinayan: Evening 6.00pm : HamsaVaaganam (Raja alangaram) Thiruveedi vUlaDay 4: 25.APR.2007 WednesdayTime : Morning 08.00 am Tholukinayan: Evening 6.00pm : Sesha Vaaganam (ParamapadhaNadhan) Thiruveedi vUlaDay 5: 26.APR.2007 ThursdayTime : Morning

08.00 am Tholukinayan: Evening 6.00pm : Garuda Vaaganam (GajendraVaradan) Thiruveedi vUlaDay 6: 27.APR.2007 FridayTime : Morning 08.00 am Tholukinayan (Nacchiyar Thirukolam): Evening 6.00pm : Hanumantha vaaganam (Sri RamaAvadharam) ThiruveedivvUlaDay 7: 28.APR.2007 SaturdayTime : Morning 08.00 am Tholukinayan (Krishnan Thirukolam): Evening 4.00pm : Yaanai(Gaja) vaaganam (Utsavar) Thiruveedi vUla,Hamsha vaaganam (Thaayaar Sannadhi): Evening 6.00pm : Maalai Maatrudhal: Evening 7.00pm : ThirukalyanamDay 8: 29.APR.2007 SundayTime : Morning 08.00 am Kannadi (Mirror) Aarai ( Sridevi Boodevisamedha Sri Bagthavatchala Perumaal): Evening 5.30pm : Surnaa Utsavam: Evening 6.00pm : Suriya Prabahai(Utsaver Ubayanaachiyarudan)Thiruveedi vUla,: Evening 9.00pm : Nel Alavai Kandaruli Saanadhi chernthaudan ThaayarSannahi ThriumanjanamDay 9: 30.APR.2007 MondayTime : Morning 08.00 am

Tholukinayan (VennaiThaali): Evening 6.00pm : Kudhirrai (Horse) vaaganam (Raja Alangaram)Thiruveedi vUlaDay 10: 01.MAY.2007 Tuesday Sri Narasimha JayanthiTime : Morning 08.00 am Utsavar Ubayanaachiyarudan purappadu Ther(cart) (Kalyana Avasaram), Selvar Theerthavaari.: Evening 3.00pm : Thirumanjanam ( Moolavar): Evening 6.00pm : Thiruvaaradhanam. Theertha, prasatha viniyogam.Day 11: 02.MAY.2007 WednesdayTime : Evening 3.30pm : Thirumanjanam ( Utsavar) : Evening 5.00pm : Dhuvadasa aaradhanam. Sapthaavaranam,Purappaadu,Dhuvaja aaradhanam: Evening 6.30pm : Theertha prasatha viniyogam.Day 12: 03.MAY.2007 Thursday VidaayatriTime : Evening 6.00pm : Indra Vimanam (Pushpa Alangaram) Thiruveedi vUla

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.