IndiaDivine.org

Grand Success of 'Sriramayanam Competition Phase '1' held at Chennai

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The staging of SriRamayanam competition at Chennai:

SRI: SRIMATE RAMANUJAYA NAMA: " karpAr eramapirAnai allAl matrum karparo! " - will anyone learn anyone but Lord Rama? Our acharyas and learned thinkers have driven home the keynote of translating the word education directly into the knowledge of Lord Rama . To foster this education among the enthusiastic youth and imbibe the tone of our great heritage and learning , Srimaan trust conducted an exclusive contest on SriRamayana, BalakAnda to begin with. The response was overwhelming and the enthusiasm and interest shown by the participants found no words or comparison to match . The event unfolded into the grandest of display of spiritual fervour , hours following the break of dawn on the 17th of June at Ahobila Mutt Oriental School here in Chennai. The entire section of participants were divided as NamperumAL , NammAzhvAr , NanjIyar and Nampillai with increasing weights of their standards of academics. The vibrant test-takers were busy rummaging into books, recollecting sentences and gathering points before the set of the test fueling an aroma of driving excellence and interest in the study of SrirAmAyaNam. Most participants were quick takers of several intriguing parts of the test . Looking after the movements of the contest was itself a satisfying and inspiring to watch. Both the participants and the trust were all but overjoyed at the grace of Lord NamperumAL at the successful culmination of the entire exercise. Free dairies for the current vedic calendar year were distributed among the participants . The trust looks for with renewed energy towards more such activity in the near future. Emergence of a dedicated Srivaishnava voluntary group – The youth wing of Kainkaryashree!. Our sampradayam,for decades together,has hardly witnessed young bloods participate in voluntary service .On 17th June 2007 a group of young,jubilant & elated volunteers (15-23 age group) assembled together to usher in the concept of 'selfless & dedicated service to sampradayam'.They were exuberant & willing to do anything for sampradayam.I was awestruck seeing them organize the Ramayanam competition with so much of planning & care.I brought my child to the competition at the eleventh hour.She forgot(me too) to carry her hall-ticket & her name was not in the list of students appearing for the exam.But the volunteers were stubborn…..stubborn to stop her from not writing the exam. They made last minute additional seating arrangements to accommodate her.They kept muttering to themselves that their aim was to induce SriRamayanam into the blood of every child.How could they leave a girl willing to appear for the exam! Such was their benign gesture.I pray Lord SrimanNarayana to shower His unlimited grace on the young Kainkaryashrees' to accomplish more such kainkaryams & involve more youngsters in sampradaya kainkaryam.Once my child grows up,I'd make her a member of kainkaryashree for certain! --by Smt.Shanthi (mother of a girl who appeared for Ramayanam competition) Jaya Ramanuja RangadhAmni nithyam!. ever-in-divine service, KAINKARYA SREE,

for the photos of the competition & volunteers click here

If you wish to make yourself a part of this endeavour pls.contact us at the address given below : Srimaan Trust(srimaan bhattar kuzham) http://parasarabhattar8220.fotoblog.co.uk/ postal address: 231 south uttara st, sriangam, Trichy-620 006 Tamil Nadu , INDIA Ph 0431-2431109 e-mail: srimaantrust

-- -- ever-in-divine-service,

KAINKARYA SREESrimaan Trust (Srimaan Bhattar Kuzham)http://parasarabhattar8220.fotoblog.co.uk/Postal address:231 South Uttara St, Srirangam, Trichy-620 006 Tamil Nadu, INDIA Ph 0431-2431109 Email: India - srimaantrustUSA - srimaantrustusa