IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 1851

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Regarding the vattils set etc, (I presume silver articles) they are available at any major jewellers like GR Thangamaligai etc.

"ramanuja " <ramanuja >ramanuja Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 6:06:13 AM[sri ramanuja] Digest Number 1851

Ramanuja Sampradayam

Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

Doubt on yujurvedam RAJAN.TRANSFREIGHT

2a.

where to get vattils set??? viknish chandran

Sri Ramanuja Journal Volume 9, Issue 2 Varavaramuni Dasargal

4a.

Re: BAKTHA THARAGA PERUMAL TEMPLE BRAHMOTSAVAM 2007 Suresh G

Chathurmasyam of Srimath Andavan soundararajan desikan

PeriAzhwAr Life History Ramasamy

Kulasekara AzhwAr PerumAL Thirumozhi- 4.9- Let me simply be the step Madhavakkannan V

View All Topics | Create New Topic

Doubt on yujurvedam

Posted by: "RAJAN.TRANSFREIGHT" komanduri_rajan komanduri_rajan

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:39 pm (PST)

Dear Swamin,Please clarify the following :our Gotram is Kaushika - Surname is Komanduriand we belongs to yujusaka,in yuju sakhawhether we belongs to sukla yujurvedamor krishna yujurvedam.Ramanuja Dasan,soundara Rajan komanduri____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something newhttp://in.answers. /

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

2a.

where to get vattils set???

Posted by: "viknish chandran" viky85 viky85

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:40 pm (PST)

srimate ramanujaaya namah..sri vara vara munaye namahkovil kanthadai annan thiruvadigale charanamdear swamins, adiyen is a sri vaishnava living in malaysia n will bin chennai thz weekend.. i really would like to knowwhere to get the vattils set( the whole set) n otherparaphernalias for the thiruvaradhanam for perumal inchennai...i would like to note tht we have our ownthiruvaradhana deity of sri varatharaja perumal atadiyens home.. svamins, plz direct adiyen where to get such things inchennai and also wat are the things tht is needed forthe full set of thiruvaradhana (ex. exact number ofvattils n so on).thank you,adiyen sri ramanuja dassanlaksmi narasimhajai srimann narayana..all glories to sriyapathi srimann narayana!!!____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _ India Answers: Share what you know.

Learn something newhttp://in.answers. /

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (7)

Sri Ramanuja Journal Volume 9, Issue 2

Posted by: "Varavaramuni Dasargal" varavaramuni pedhajeeyar

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:42 pm (PST)

*Srimathe ramanujaya Namaha**Srimad Vara Vara munayE Namaha ** **Ani, SarvajithAzhvar 9, Acharya 2** **"midhunam svAthijam vishnO: radhAmsam thanvina: pure ** prapatyE svasuramvishnOr vishNuchittam purassikam"** **Periazhvar' s Divine Service** **Periyaazhvar was born in pandiya nAdu, Srivilliputtur in Aani month, swathithirunakshatram, in vEyar kulam and was named vishnuchitta. Due to thedivine grace of vadaperunkoil udaiyAn, was blessed with the divinekainkaryam to the lord. Analysing what would please the lord, to chooseas kainkaryam, remembering the story of malakara in krishnavatara, to whomKrishna went on his own requesting for garland, periazhvar cultivated agarden and started making garlands for the lord. ** **Message from Pandiya King** **One day, the king of Madurai, belonging to the pandiya clan,

namedsrivallabhadeva, went in the night for nagarasOdhana. He saw a person lyingoutside a house. The king in disguise waked him and asked 'who are you'. Theperson answered that he was a brahmin and was returning after divine dip inthe Ganges. The king asked: "Then tell me some dharma/moral that you know"** **Brahmin replied: For the usage during the rainy session we are supposed toearn in the rest of the 8 months; For the sake of night earn in the morning;For the sake of old age earn during your youth; For the sake of paralokaearn all in this birth ** **Pandiya calls for a sadhas** **The king was intelligent and hence he immediately started thinking "For me,I have all the pleasures in this world but how to earn for the paralokam?"Not being able to come to a conclusion, in the morning the king called hispurohita selva nambi and asked, "How do we find out the paratattvam that

iscapable of giving all the 4 types of purusharthas? " ** **Nambi said, "Call all the vidwans and they will tell you how to do'paratattva Nirnayam'"** **The king accepted and made a bag full of gold and hanged it infront of thesabha mandapam (courtyard) and announced that "whoever establishes theparatattvam with pramanas (vaidhika pramanas) will be gifted with this bagof gold. ** **Many pandits from all over the world were crowded in the hall.** **Vishnuchitta' s dream** **At that time, the lord in srivilliputtur wanting to show the paratattvam tothe world as told by the vedanthas through vishnuchitta appeared in thedream of visnhuchitta and ordered, "you go to Madurai immediately and proveto the king that sriman Narayana alone is the paramAtma (supreme lord) andget the bag of gold" Vishnuchitta enquired, "Oh! Lord I am an ignorantperson with no knowledge

of the sastras. How can I do this?"** **Lord replied,"Why are you bothered about that? Is that not my worry?" Andthe lord disappeared. ** **Vishnuchitta proves the Vishnu paratvam** **Amazed by the dream, vishnuchitta decided to do as per the orders of thelord and proceeded towards the pandiya's court. On seeing vishnuchitta, theking and the purohita both had a special feeling and hence they welcomedvishnuchitta with special honors. The other pandits out of jealouslyobjected this but selva nambi silenced all of them and requestedVishnuchitta to proceed to do paratattva nirnayam. Meditating on theultimate grace of the supreme lord in his dream, vishnuchitta was able tovisualize all the great sastrarthas in his mind. Thereby, with innumerablepramanas from sruthi, smrithi, itihasas and puranas, vishnuchitta raised alot of question and answered himself and established that,*1.

*Srivaishnava philosophy is The philosophy*2. *Sriman Narayana alone is The paratattvam*3. * The best way to attain the ultimate goal is doing saranagathiunto the divine feet of the supreme lord.**After the long elaborated lecture by vishnuchitta, no vidwan over therecould even open this mouth. The king and selva nambi fell down andprostrated vishnuchitta, admiring his deep knowledge and clarity. The bagof gold automatically fell to azhvar's feet which azhvar accepted as thegrace of god.** **Vishnuchitta becomes pattarbiran and gets darshan of emperuman** **Seeing that the king, the purohita and all the other pandits prostratedazhvar and made him sit on the royal elephant and they themselves didservices like holding the umbrella, fanning etc and went in processionthrough the streets. Since vishnuchitta proved to be head of all pandits,the king adorned with a special name 'pattarbiran' and

greatly celebratedhim. Many divine instruments were played (thiruchinnam, conch of victory)and there was a great celebration (mahotsavam) . When such a celebrationwas happening for his devotee, can the lord keep quiet? HE came runningfrom paramapadam along with his consort on top of periya thiruvadi (garuda)and gave darshan to azhvar. ** **Azhvar sings Thiruppallandu** **Azhvar was not proud or amazed to see the lord as he felt like parentscoming to enjoy the victory of their son. Before immersing himself in theall pervading, omnipotent, omnipresent nature of the supreme lord, azhvarfirst immersed himself in the divine beauty and personality of the lord andthereby diving deep into the devotion thereby forgetting himself and thesupremacy of the lord, "Oh! The lord of paramapadam the place of eternalbliss has come down to this land of samsaram, filled with evil spells. Whatwill happen to him?"

feared azhvar, "Oh! May this divine beauty be devoid ofany evil eyes" Thereby azhvar started doing mangalasasanams by using thebells on the elephant to be the tAla (cymbals) and sang the divyaprabhanda"Thiruppallandu" ** **Birth of Periazhvar thirumozhi** **Later, azhvar made the king who surrendered to him as a part of bhagavathaghosti and returned back to srivilliputhur. He used the bag of wealth, tobuild the gopura in srivilliputhur and continued his nandavana kainkaryam.Since, azhvar was involved deeply in krishnavataara, he couldn't stop hisdevotion that overflowed as a divyaprabhanda called "Periazhvar Thirumozhi".** **Azhvar gives weath to Ranganatha** **Azhvar on an Adipooram day found a child in his garden under a tulasiplant. **He named the child "kOdhai" and brought her up. She was a divinechild who helped her father with all his divine services to the Lord.

Andwhen age came she aspired to marry Krishna (her father's beloved deity)about whom she has heard so much from her father. Due to her deep wish tomarry the Lord, she used to wear the garland that was supposed to be takento the temple and then keep in back in place without the knowledge ofperiazhvar. Once azhvar saw that and considered that to be a great mistake,but the Lord appeared in his dreams and said that he enjoyed wearing thegarlands that was worn by kOdhai. From that day she was called"soodikkoduththa nAchiyAr", "Andal". Later as per the order of the lord,periazhvar gave andal in wedding to ranganatha and thereby he became,"svasuraamaravanthy am" father in law of the lord like janaka.** **Why did pattarbiran get the name periazhvar and the droplets from hisdivine paasurams and their commentaries will continue in the next issue.** **PeriAzhvar thiruvadigalE sharaNam** **

**Varavaramunidasar gal*

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

4a.

Re: BAKTHA THARAGA PERUMAL TEMPLE BRAHMOTSAVAM 2007

Posted by: "Suresh G" sure_anj108 sure_anj108

Swamin,Amazing to see Aathu Perumal, like Divya desam perumalall alankaram is very nice, better u make some arrangement for temple tovisit this and all bhakthas will get the blessing of perumal,Adiyensuresh ramanuja dhasandevathi rajan <ramanujar (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:No, I dont have a sannidhi at my residence. Aathu perumal means my home deity (Perumal and Thayar that i have in my home). I used to do all the alankarams that are done to the temple deities to my Aathu perumal.On 6/17/07, vijayagiri2000 <vijayagiri2000@ .co. in> wrote: ramanuja@ s.com, "devathi rajan" <ramanujar@. ..> wrote: >> Several Alankarams of my Aathu perumal

during Brahmotsavam.> > Please visit this link> > http://picasaweb. google.com/ ramanujar/ BRAHMOTSAVAM2007>Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:Swamin,NAMASKARAM.What to say! Kan Kolla k Kaashi!!! Would you kindly explain to adien as to what you mean by Aathu Perumal? Do you have a sannithi at your residence? Kindly excuse adien for his ignorance. Regards.Adien Ramanuja Dasan,Vinjamoor S. Vijaya Raghavan.------------ --------- --------- ---Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (5)

Chathurmasyam of Srimath Andavan

Posted by: "soundararajan desikan" srikainkarya srikainkarya

Dear SwaminSri Chakrapani of Thiruvaheendrapuram assisted adiyen physically in constructing and completing the Mahamandap at a cost of about seventeen lakhs to Sri Hayagreevan at Oushathagiri, the Hills , Thiruvaheendrapuram . The painting has been completed and the electrical wiring is being taken upThe same devotee is the Manager of Srimath Andavan Asramam at Thiruvaheendrapuram ,looking after the affairs of Asramam besides maintaining Kalyana mandapam, veda padasala etcHe requested adiyen to send e-mails to all of you for participating in the Paduka Aradhana and other kainkaryams during Chathurmasya sankalpam of prakruthamSrimath Andavan at Thiruvaheendrapuram at the lotus feet of Sri Devanathan, Sri Hemabjavalli Thayar, Sri Hayagreevan and Acharyan Swami Desikan. Srimath Andavan is having Chathurmasya vratham here from 30th july to 26th september of this year(2007).One day's thadhiyaarathana comes to Rs 3000/-. Dear

devotees/Sishyas of Sri Andavan Asramam/AbhimanisOn behalf of the Manager of Sri Andavan Asramam( Sri Chakrapani) adiyen submits before you the message and requests all of you to contribute Rs 3000/- by way of D.D. drawn in the name of " S.S. ANDAVAN"S 19th C.S.COMMITTE" and to send the D.D. toSri R.Chakrapany, ManagerSrirangam Srimath Andavan Asramam River StreetThiruvaheendrapuram , Cuddalore 607401( PH:-04142/287276)OR D.Soundararajan( Srikainkarya)F5, Chandra Flats, 90, Brindavan Street, West MambalamChennai--600033 ( PH;--24843986) Adiyen again requests you to participate in this " Thadhiyaraadhana Kainkaryam" and receive the blessings of Prakrutham Srimath AndavanDasanUruppattur SoundararajanSrikainkarya------------ --------- --------- ---Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

PeriAzhwAr Life History

Posted by: "Ramasamy" vaishnavan kailasr

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:43 pm (PST)

Sri:SrimatE rAmAnujAya nama:Dear SrivaishnavAs,Today is thirunakshatram of Sri PeriAzhwAr. Enjoy reading his vaibhavam at:http://www.saranaga thi.org/azhwars/ index.htm# periyaadiyEnrAmasAmy rAmAnuja dAsanSrivaishna Calender with reminders:http://www.google. com/calendar/ render?cid= http%3A%2F% 2Fwww.google. com%2Fcalendar% 2Ffeeds%2Fcpu0kr b3opk91v41utta65 44qc%2540group. calendar. google.com% 2Fpublic% 2Fbasic

Kulasekara AzhwAr PerumAL Thirumozhi- 4.9- Let me simply be the step

Posted by: "Madhavakkannan V" srivaishnavan srivaishnavan

Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:52 pm (PST)

SrI:SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya nama:Dearest all,Let us continue to enjoy azhwAr’s verses in the fourthten on ThiruvEnkatam. A brilliant set of verses.Today’s verse is the most wonderful verse…. OnPeriyAzhwAr TN, it is my privilege to share thisdivine PAsuram with the bhAgawatha gOshti sediyaaya valvinaikaL theerkkum thirumaalEnetiyaanE vEngatavaa nin_kOyi linvaasalatiyaarum vaanavaru marampaiyarum kidanthiyangumpadiyaayk kidanthun pavaLavaay kaaNpEnE The grave sins that have been committed over aeons(through many births), the paapams will all be crushedif one visits ThiruvEnkatam. vEm plus katam- thatwhich burns sins.. Oh Lord of ThiruvEnkatam Sriya:Pathi Srinivasaa! The One who dissolves all sins! Ohthe one who never ever forgets your assuagingassurance to Your Saranaagathars! [NediyaanE] OhThiruvEnkatavaa! At the entrance of your temple,

letme lie down as the step at your entrance there for allyour devotees to step their feet on me and enter intoyour sanctum sanctorum and let me enjoy Yourbewitching smile from those most beautiful coral lips.A wonderful verse! AzhwAr asked for the path in the last verse. Now hedesires to be the very entrance step itself so thateveryone would certainly cross or step on him andthereby he gets Bhaagawatha sparsam. Also he does notwish to simply lie down as the non living thing.Instead, he wants to lie down as the step as well asenjoy His sweet smile from the red coral lips.Padiyaay kidanthu un pavaL vaay kaaNpEn.. Adiyarum- The paramaikaanthins- who do not pray foranything else and to anyone else except SrimanNarayanan and seek and enjoy for His divinedarshan.They do no ask for any materials oraishwaryam. Vaanavarum- Devaas- they go to SrimanNarayanan with a request for aishwaryam or

position tobe retained. Arambaiyarum- Rambha, Orrvasi,Thilotthamai- et al-dance and seek material benefitsfrom DevEndran. Thus they pray to other jeevans also. All three categories of people come here atThiruvEnkatam and enter into your temple. Thus AzhwArseeks to be the step in the temple entrance. That’sthe reason in all Srivaishnava temples; the entrancestep is called Kulasekaran Padi?NediyaanE- Commentators enjoy this word as the One whonever ever forgets little good that we do? He alwaysremembers. [unlike us] If has taken a vow to protect,even thaayaar [she will not stop] complains about theprapannans (one who has surrendered) the Lord wouldsay, my adiyaar would never ever do commit mistakes.Even if they do, that must be for some good intent.Enadiyaar adhu seyyaar; seydhaalum nanRE seyvaar. It refers to Lord Ranganayaki telling Lord Rangan. Youare protecting Vibhesshana from here

looking towardssouth. It was he who never ever wanted me to stay inhis country. He asked Ravana to throw me out. Thefirst one to ask Lakshmi to get out Lord says: Devi!Why did he say that? Out of his devotion forus.. He wanted you to join me and that is the reason.Not that he does not want you to stay; but that hewants us to be united. PiraaTTi is now happy that theLord has not forgotten His devotees. Sri Velukkudikrishnan swami says in his discourse, PiraaTTi is likethe mason who comes after ten days of curing ofcement and shakes the pillar if it is strong or stillshaky or moves. PiraaTTi does that kind of testing.Hence the Lord is Nediyaan. The One who never everforgets His assuaging assurance maa sucha: Do notlament. Sri Muralidhar Rangaswami shares his enjoyment: Theninth Pasuram brilliantly establishes the concept ofSaranagathi to the lotus feet of Lord Srinivasa. TheAzhwar concludes that

the only thing of permanence isattainment of Lord Narayana's (Tiruvenkatan) lotusfeet. This can be related to the Narayana Sooktamsalutation: Patim VishvasyAtmeshvarag am ShashvatagamShivamachyutam and the Sriranganatha Gadyam salutation"Sthairya" (meaning fixed or permanent one) theeternal bliss of attaining the feet of Lord Narayanais described in the Narayana Upanishad salutation"Narayana SayujyamavApnoti, NarayanaSayujyamavApnoti" , in the Taittriya Upanishadsalutation "Sa YekO BrahmaNAnanda: " and in the VishnuSooktam salutation "TadvisNoh Paramam Padam SadhaaPashyanti Soorayaha" Since this is the "bull's eye" Kulashekara Azhwarshuns everything else that comes in the way of hisgoal (material wealth, royalty and its associatedparaphernalia and pleasures, Indra Lokam, the statusof Brahma, Indra, Rudra). The import of the message ofthe Ashtakshara Mantram is beautifully reflected inPasurams

8-10. The ninth Pasuram refers to the benefit of performingSharaNagati to Lord Narayana and finally, Pasurams8-10 reflect the Azhwar's enthusiasm to enjoy Bhagavadand Bhaagavata Kainkaryam. Thus, the Azhwar succinctlypresents Tattva (Lord Narayana is the Supreme Being),Hita (Surrender to His Lotus feet)and Purushartha (Constantly be engaged in Bhagavad andBhagavata Kainkaryam) for a Sri Vaishnava. One canassociate the Narayana Upanishad salutations "Nama ItiDvaE AksharE" and "NarayaNAyeti PanchAksharaNi" , withPasurams 8-10. Another important feature of the ninthPasuram is the description of Prapatti as PapaNivrutti, i.e. the act of surrendering to LordNarayana immediately rids one of their sins(Bharanyasam) .AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNamRegardsNamo narayanadAsan ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in

your pocket: mail, news, photos & more. http://mobile. / go?refer= 1GNXIC

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group