IndiaDivine.org

Introducing Bhavishyadacharyas Group!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,I read with interest the article about formation of the 'Bhavishyadacharyas' Group. It is definitely a laudable effort and I wish it all success.I currenly live in London and would like to volunteer for making it a success, through guidance from your side.However, in my humble opinion and limited knowledge would like to point out certain aspects in the mail that needs clarification / further guidance. I do apologise for offending anybody, as this is not stated in terms of a criticism but to make the whole effort a success right from start.1. Can we change the name of the group / project - the youth are put off due to high sounding words (that are difficult to pronounce). This will defeat the purpose of us trying to bring them together.2. As there are already so many Sri Vaisnava sites on the web, can we put them together so that we form a mega effort and build on the strength of others, as well. This will help us fragmenting again and also, be much more successful.3. We need to avoid words such as the current generation is 'Screwed up', as it is not. Not only is the word objectionable in such a forum, but also projects a negative point to start from. Would it be better for us to let the youth know, what a great source of strength that they can be for our tradition and that we need them.4. We need to utilize the latest technology to the core and learn from what other religions are doing to draw in the youth - an example of this would be where the 'Church of England' has currently been using mobiles to download meanings of the bible (condensed). We could probably, use the wide technical knowledge prevalent in the Sri Vaishnava community, to allow the youth to know the meaning of one pasuram every day. This way we could combine knowledge with technology or the other way round.5. Every member has a knowledge strength of their own. We need to form areas of expertise from the available knowledge pool. I am ready to volunteer for this correlation or anything else the organiser deems fit.I, once again, reiterate that the reason for bringing up these topics so early on is to get the project moving in full steam and not put it up in a cold burner.Kindly to forgive me for any intrusion.Regards,Sridhar Virakthi

Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:39:28 +0100sampathkumar003Subject: Fwd: [sri ramanuja] Introducing Bhavishyadacharyas Group!sridhar_mvNote: forwarded message attached.

Messenger blocked? Want to chat? Here is the solution.

--Forwarded Message Attachment--ramanuja From: v.lakshminrusimhanDate: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:02:22 +0000[sri ramanuja] Introducing Bhavishyadacharyas Group!

asmad guruByO nama:Dear Bhagavathottamas,In an attempt to do atleast some squirrel effort to build the futureof srivaishnava sampradaya, a new group has been started under thename 'Bhavishyadacharyan'. This is an attempt to shape up the next generation. The generationprevious to us are old enough and are more focussed towards their ownjourney towards paramapadam:) and are interested in grand kalakshepamson rahasya granthams. The current generation is mostly on the materialworld, but whines often to take up the spiritual journey. The mindsetfor the current generation is that we shall work and make as muchmoney as possible, save it and get into vaishnavism at an age of 45 or50 and then spend our life towards the same. But what is the use ofsurrendering ourselves at that age when all our youth is gone i.e. wecould do no more vibrant work but just need someone else to take careof us. AzhwAr says 'kiLaroLi iLamai keduvadhan munnam'(before thevibrant youth fades away, come over), 'vaittha naaL varai ellaikurugicchendru eitthu iLaippadhan munnam adaiminO' (don't wait tillyou are shrunk towards your last days.. go soon to the lord oftirumala). But, lo! this generation is so screwed up that the damageis already done. So, instead of wasting our time in shedding crocodiletears, some of us, the already damaged youth:) in 20s and 30s havecome up with this idea of working as catalysts to shape up the nextgeneration.Plans are to develop this as a trust, that will perform the followingactivities:1. Educate Srivaishnava children about food habits, prayer habits,dressing habits, conversation styles etc2. Conduct / Arrange Divyaprabanda / Veda classes in schools, templesor wherever appropriate.3. Conduct Sanskrit / Tamil classes wherever appropriate.4. Conduct awareness programs, workshops on Srivaishnavism and makethem bold enough to wear tiruman to schools, colleges and to work too.5. Register all the boys and girls below 15 years in a database andkeep track of their education, location etc as they would be ourfuture srivaishnavas.6. Conduct competitions and award prizes and scholarships to thesegreat scholars of our future.7. Conduct online courses, lectures etc on Srivaishnavism.Basically, this attempt is to make the next generation bold,appreciate and feel proud to be a vaishnava and understand that theycould follow 'every aspect' of srivaishnavism without compromise andstill align with the modern way of living.So, with acharya's grace, as we begin, we would like to invite you allto give us more ideas at bhavishyadacharyan orbhavishyadacharyas on what we shall do going forward -within a month's time this should shape up well and will begin withthe registration of all the kids in our database as the first step.aNNan tiruvadigaLE SaraNamAzhwAr emperumAnAr jeeyar tiruvadigaLE SaraNamadiyongaL,rAmAnuja dAsargaLPS: Please don't feel that we are ignoring or not respecting theprevious & current generations. We indeed have very high regards forboth these generations(being part of them:) and would definitely needthe help of you all. It is just to highlight the importance of shapingup the next generation that the statements have been put so.sarva aparAdhAn kshamasva

Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Calendar