IndiaDivine.org

Thirukkolur Ammal Varththaigal - 48

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri:Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama: Thirukkolur Ammal Varththaigal (Thirukkolur Penpillai Rahasyam) 48. arakkanudan porudhEnO periya udaiyAraip pOlE When Rama, Sita and Lakshmana left sage Agastya's ashrama and left forPanachavati, on the way, they met an old vulture. When they asked whohe was, the vulture replied "My name is Jatayu and I am your fatherDasaratha's friend." Rama bowed to the vulture and enquired about himand his antecedents. Jatayu replied "One of the wives of KashyapaPrajapati was Thamra. In her clan was born Vinata. Vinata had twosons Garuda and Aruna. To Aruna were born two sons - the elder isSambhati and I am the younger, Jatayu. I am living in this forest and I will accompany You while You are here", and blessed them.So, Rama, Sita, Lakshmana and Jatayu all went together to Panchavati.Jatayu

stayed close to the ashrama where Rama was staying. Rama toldLakshmana "We have been separated from our father. So, let's stayunder the wings of Jatayu".Later, Ravana planned to abduct Sita and used Mareecha to trick and get Rama and Lakshmana away from Her. As he was carrying away Sita,Jatayu intercepted them. He tried to talk Ravana into giving up thisbad idea and release Sita. When he did not listen, Jatayu beganwaging a great war with Ravana. He broke Ravana's chariot and attacked him fiercely. In the end, Ravana managed to cut Jatayu'swings and feet and threw him to the ground. He then left with Sitato Lanka.When Rama and Lakshmana came looking for Sita, they saw Jatayulying in the ground. Jatayu told them what happened, performedmangalashasana to Rama by calling Him 'Ayushman' and then gave uphis life. Due to that and the great respect Rama had for him, ouracharyas refered to Jatayu as Periya

Udaiyar.Thirukkolur Ammal is asking "Did I fight with Ravana and dare togive up my body and soul, like Periya Udaiyar did?" Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam adiyEn madhurakavi dAsanhttp://www.acharya.org/vyakyanam/ThirukkolurammalVarththaigal/

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.