IndiaDivine.org

Fw: My experience at Perumal Teppakkulam at Madurai

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It is very sad that these should happen right near our kuLam.

Can we all start with an appeal to the authorities of the place, with

the help from temple? (Have the temple people already complained about

this?)

ramanuja , " R.Vaasu " <vaasur wrote:

>

> AdiyEn Dhasan.

> In one of the other , I have read this message and find

it very disturbing.

>

> The Bhaagavatha who experienced has appropriately brought it to the

notice of our community. I sincerely request members of this group to

initiate appropriate action.

> Its heartening to note that the Jayalalitha govt had taken

initiatives to have rain water harvested to collect in the tank and

have it suitable for Teppam Urchavam. BUt now, under this Raavana

rule, this is the status.

>

> Can we do something about this??

>

> AdiyEn

> Vasudevan

>

>

> Posted by: " sundaram athreya " sundar_athreya sundar_athreya

> Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 pm (PST)

> SAVE PERUMAL TEPPAKKULAM AT MADURAI

>

> Recently I had been to Madurai. While walking along with my

brotherin law in Town hall road , we wanted to look the water level in

Perumal teppakkulam as lot of efforts were there by previous govt.

> in rainwater harvesting and pouring it into teppakkulam. We found

that the Teppakkulam was completely surrounded by shops in all the

four sides. There was only a very narrow space at the south eastern

side as approach to it. We went

> through that passage and found a shocking atmosphere. It was a

Sunday. At western side, the bank of

> the Teppakkulam was shrunk

> And illegal construction was going on by encroachment. While we

were looking into it suddenly a lady appeared and asks us to get

inside. We shock to notice that there was a small passage which lead

into the gap of periphery wall of Teppakkulam. We understood what is

going on there and who was the Lady. The entrance to the Teppakkulam

is controlled by criminals. Between the gap of shops and periphery

wall of the tank four square streets were established as Red light

area. The activities are not visible from out side as the Teppakkulam

is completely covered by shops from all the four sides.

> We are sure if the condition is allowed for some more time the tank

will vanish. This is the high time to save the Teppakkulam.

> All shops surrounding the tank must be removed from all the four

sides and Water filled tank must appear for darshan of devotees and

tourists.

> Tepporsavam should be conducted for Koodal Alagar Perumal.

> The above request is for the perusal of all the members please.

> With regards...

> b.s.athreya

>

>

> Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go to

http://in.messenger./webmessengerpromo.php

>

Let us send a letter to the District Collector of Madurai, preferably by any of our likeminded person living in Madurai in person.

Time is the essence.

AdiyEn DAsan

On 2/1/08, mails2raghu <mails2raghu wrote:

It is very sad that these should happen right near our kuLam.Can we all start with an appeal to the authorities of the place, withthe help from temple? (Have the temple people already complained aboutthis?)

ramanuja , " R.Vaasu " <vaasur wrote:>> AdiyEn Dhasan.

> In one of the other , I have read this message and findit very disturbing. > > The Bhaagavatha who experienced has appropriately brought it to thenotice of our community. I sincerely request members of this group to

initiate appropriate action.> Its heartening to note that the Jayalalitha govt had takeninitiatives to have rain water harvested to collect in the tank andhave it suitable for Teppam Urchavam. BUt now, under this Raavana

rule, this is the status.> > Can we do something about this??> > AdiyEn> Vasudevan> > > Posted by: " sundaram athreya " sundar_athreya sundar_athreya > Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 pm (PST) > SAVE PERUMAL TEPPAKKULAM AT MADURAI> > Recently I had been to Madurai. While walking along with mybrotherin law in Town hall road , we wanted to look the water level in

Perumal teppakkulam as lot of efforts were there by previous govt. > in rainwater harvesting and pouring it into teppakkulam. We foundthat the Teppakkulam was completely surrounded by shops in all thefour sides. There was only a very narrow space at the south eastern

side as approach to it. We went> through that passage and found a shocking atmosphere. It was aSunday. At western side, the bank of> the Teppakkulam was shrunk > And illegal construction was going on by encroachment. While we

were looking into it suddenly a lady appeared and asks us to getinside. We shock to notice that there was a small passage which leadinto the gap of periphery wall of Teppakkulam. We understood what isgoing on there and who was the Lady. The entrance to the Teppakkulam

is controlled by criminals. Between the gap of shops and peripherywall of the tank four square streets were established as Red lightarea. The activities are not visible from out side as the Teppakkulamis completely covered by shops from all the four sides.

> We are sure if the condition is allowed for some more time the tankwill vanish. This is the high time to save the Teppakkulam. > All shops surrounding the tank must be removed from all the foursides and Water filled tank must appear for darshan of devotees and

tourists. > Tepporsavam should be conducted for Koodal Alagar Perumal. > The above request is for the perusal of all the members please. > With regards... > b.s.athreya> >

> Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go tohttp://in.messenger./webmessengerpromo.php

>

Or shall we inform about this to Junior Vikatan or some such

investigative magazine which can alert everyone about this and which

can bring this to the attention of the local authorities?

ramanuja , " R.Vaasu " <vaasur wrote:

>

> AdiyEn Dhasan.

> In one of the other , I have read this message and find

it very disturbing.

>

> The Bhaagavatha who experienced has appropriately brought it to the

notice of our community. I sincerely request members of this group to

initiate appropriate action.

> Its heartening to note that the Jayalalitha govt had taken

initiatives to have rain water harvested to collect in the tank and

have it suitable for Teppam Urchavam. BUt now, under this Raavana

rule, this is the status.

>

> Can we do something about this??

>

> AdiyEn

> Vasudevan

>

>

> Posted by: " sundaram athreya " sundar_athreya sundar_athreya

> Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 pm (PST)

> SAVE PERUMAL TEPPAKKULAM AT MADURAI

>

> Recently I had been to Madurai. While walking along with my

brotherin law in Town hall road , we wanted to look the water level in

Perumal teppakkulam as lot of efforts were there by previous govt.

> in rainwater harvesting and pouring it into teppakkulam. We found

that the Teppakkulam was completely surrounded by shops in all the

four sides. There was only a very narrow space at the south eastern

side as approach to it. We went

> through that passage and found a shocking atmosphere. It was a

Sunday. At western side, the bank of

> the Teppakkulam was shrunk

> And illegal construction was going on by encroachment. While we

were looking into it suddenly a lady appeared and asks us to get

inside. We shock to notice that there was a small passage which lead

into the gap of periphery wall of Teppakkulam. We understood what is

going on there and who was the Lady. The entrance to the Teppakkulam

is controlled by criminals. Between the gap of shops and periphery

wall of the tank four square streets were established as Red light

area. The activities are not visible from out side as the Teppakkulam

is completely covered by shops from all the four sides.

> We are sure if the condition is allowed for some more time the tank

will vanish. This is the high time to save the Teppakkulam.

> All shops surrounding the tank must be removed from all the four

sides and Water filled tank must appear for darshan of devotees and

tourists.

> Tepporsavam should be conducted for Koodal Alagar Perumal.

> The above request is for the perusal of all the members please.

> With regards...

> b.s.athreya

>

>

> Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go to

http://in.messenger./webmessengerpromo.php

>

Respected Srivaishnavites,

This issue should be brought up in Magazines which are devoted to Srivaishnavism instead of magazine like Vikatan. I personally feel bringing up this issue in Geethacharyan and/or Nrusimhapriya would be more effective and would reach many Srivaishnavas/Bhaktas.

Adien,

Pelapur Varadarajan.

ramanuja From: mails2raghuDate: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:58:14 +0000[sri ramanuja] Re: Fw: My experience at Perumal Teppakkulam at Madurai

Or shall we inform about this to Junior Vikatan or some suchinvestigative magazine which can alert everyone about this and whichcan bring this to the attention of the local authorities?ramanuja , "R.Vaasu" <vaasur wrote:>> AdiyEn Dhasan.> In one of the other , I have read this message and findit very disturbing. > > The Bhaagavatha who experienced has appropriately brought it to thenotice of our community. I sincerely request members of this group toinitiate appropriate action.> Its heartening to note that the Jayalalitha govt had takeninitiatives to have rain water harvested to collect in the tank andhave it suitable for Teppam Urchavam. BUt now, under this Raavanarule, this is the status.> > Can we do something about this??> > AdiyEn> Vasudevan> > > Posted by: "sundaram athreya" sundar_athreya sundar_athreya > Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 pm (PST) > SAVE PERUMAL TEPPAKKULAM AT MADURAI> > Recently I had been to Madurai. While walking along with mybrotherin law in Town hall road , we wanted to look the water level inPerumal teppakkulam as lot of efforts were there by previous govt. > in rainwater harvesting and pouring it into teppakkulam. We foundthat the Teppakkulam was completely surrounded by shops in all thefour sides. There was only a very narrow space at the south easternside as approach to it. We went> through that passage and found a shocking atmosphere. It was aSunday. At western side, the bank of> the Teppakkulam was shrunk > And illegal construction was going on by encroachment. While wewere looking into it suddenly a lady appeared and asks us to getinside. We shock to notice that there was a small passage which leadinto the gap of periphery wall of Teppakkulam. We understood what isgoing on there and who was the Lady. The entrance to the Teppakkulamis controlled by criminals. Between the gap of shops and peripherywall of the tank four square streets were established as Red lightarea. The activities are not visible from out side as the Teppakkulamis completely covered by shops from all the four sides. > We are sure if the condition is allowed for some more time the tankwill vanish. This is the high time to save the Teppakkulam. > All shops surrounding the tank must be removed from all the foursides and Water filled tank must appear for darshan of devotees andtourists. > Tepporsavam should be conducted for Koodal Alagar Perumal. > The above request is for the perusal of all the members please. > With regards... > b.s.athreya> > > Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go tohttp://in.messenger./webmessengerpromo.php> Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!

Respected Srivaishnavites,

We can send a Draft of our appeal to Githacharyan for final edition by the Chief Editor Sri.U.Ve. Venkatakrishnan Swamy.

Adien Ramanujadasan.

Pelapur Varadarajan.

ramanuja From: mjrvasuDate: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:46:14 +0400Re: [sri ramanuja] Re: Fw: My experience at Perumal Teppakkulam at Madurai

Let us just do it. Anyone with contacts in these magazines?

AdiyEn

On 2/6/08, Varadarajan Pelapur <vrajan09 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Respected Srivaishnavites, This issue should be brought up in Magazines which are devoted to Srivaishnavism instead of magazine like Vikatan. I personally feel bringing up this issue in Geethacharyan and/or Nrusimhapriya would be more effective and would reach many Srivaishnavas/Bhaktas. Adien,Pelapur Varadarajan.

ramanuja From: mails2raghu Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:58:14 +0000[sri ramanuja] Re: Fw: My experience at Perumal Teppakkulam at Madurai

Or shall we inform about this to Junior Vikatan or some suchinvestigative magazine which can alert everyone about this and whichcan bring this to the attention of the local authorities?ramanuja , "R.Vaasu" <vaasur wrote:>> AdiyEn Dhasan.> In one of the other , I have read this message and findit very disturbing. > > The Bhaagavatha who experienced has appropriately brought it to thenotice of our community. I sincerely request members of this group toinitiate appropriate action.> Its heartening to note that the Jayalalitha govt had takeninitiatives to have rain water harvested to collect in the tank andhave it suitable for Teppam Urchavam. BUt now, under this Raavanarule, this is the status.> > Can we do something about this??> > AdiyEn> Vasudevan> > > Posted by: "sundaram athreya" sundar_athreya sundar_athreya > Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 pm (PST) > SAVE PERUMAL TEPPAKKULAM AT MADURAI> > Recently I had been to Madurai. While walking along with mybrotherin law in Town hall road , we wanted to look the water level inPerumal teppakkulam as lot of efforts were there by previous govt. > in rainwater harvesting and pouring it into teppakkulam. We foundthat the Teppakkulam was completely surrounded by shops in all thefour sides. There was only a very narrow space at the south easternside as approach to it. We went> through that passage and found a shocking atmosphere. It was aSunday. At western side, the bank of> the Teppakkulam was shrunk > And illegal construction was going on by encroachment. While wewere looking into it suddenly a lady appeared and asks us to getinside. We shock to notice that there was a small passage which leadinto the gap of periphery wall of Teppakkulam. We understood what isgoing on there and who was the Lady. The entrance to the Teppakkulamis controlled by criminals. Between the gap of shops and peripherywall of the tank four square streets were established as Red lightarea. The activities are not visible from out side as the Teppakkulamis completely covered by shops from all the four sides. > We are sure if the condition is allowed for some more time the tankwill vanish. This is the high time to save the Teppakkulam. > All shops surrounding the tank must be removed from all the foursides and Water filled tank must appear for darshan of devotees andtourists. > Tepporsavam should be conducted for Koodal Alagar Perumal. > The above request is for the perusal of all the members please. > With regards... > b.s.athreya> > > Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go tohttp://in.messenger./webmessengerpromo.php>

Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!

Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!

I have referred it to my contact in Chennai On Line.

AdiyEn

On 2/7/08, Raghavachary Vasudevan <mjrvasu wrote:

Let us just do it. Anyone with contacts in these magazines?

AdiyEn

On 2/6/08, Varadarajan Pelapur <vrajan09 wrote:

Respected Srivaishnavites, This issue should be brought up in Magazines which are devoted to Srivaishnavism instead of magazine like Vikatan. I personally feel bringing up this issue in Geethacharyan and/or Nrusimhapriya would be more effective and would reach many Srivaishnavas/Bhaktas.

Adien,Pelapur Varadarajan.

ramanuja From: mails2raghu

Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:58:14 +0000[sri ramanuja] Re: Fw: My experience at Perumal Teppakkulam at Madurai

Or shall we inform about this to Junior Vikatan or some suchinvestigative magazine which can alert everyone about this and whichcan bring this to the attention of the local authorities?ramanuja , " R.Vaasu " <vaasur wrote:

>> AdiyEn Dhasan.> In one of the other , I have read this message and findit very disturbing. > > The Bhaagavatha who experienced has appropriately brought it to thenotice of our community. I sincerely request members of this group to

initiate appropriate action.> Its heartening to note that the Jayalalitha govt had takeninitiatives to have rain water harvested to collect in the tank andhave it suitable for Teppam Urchavam. BUt now, under this Raavana

rule, this is the status.> > Can we do something about this??> > AdiyEn> Vasudevan> > > Posted by: " sundaram athreya " sundar_athreya sundar_athreya

> Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 pm (PST) > SAVE PERUMAL TEPPAKKULAM AT MADURAI> > Recently I had been to Madurai. While walking along with mybrotherin law in Town hall road , we wanted to look the water level in

Perumal teppakkulam as lot of efforts were there by previous govt. > in rainwater harvesting and pouring it into teppakkulam. We foundthat the Teppakkulam was completely surrounded by shops in all thefour sides. There was only a very narrow space at the south eastern

side as approach to it. We went> through that passage and found a shocking atmosphere. It was aSunday. At western side, the bank of> the Teppakkulam was shrunk > And illegal construction was going on by encroachment. While we

were looking into it suddenly a lady appeared and asks us to getinside. We shock to notice that there was a small passage which leadinto the gap of periphery wall of Teppakkulam. We understood what isgoing on there and who was the Lady. The entrance to the Teppakkulam

is controlled by criminals. Between the gap of shops and peripherywall of the tank four square streets were established as Red lightarea. The activities are not visible from out side as the Teppakkulamis completely covered by shops from all the four sides.

> We are sure if the condition is allowed for some more time the tankwill vanish. This is the high time to save the Teppakkulam. > All shops surrounding the tank must be removed from all the foursides and Water filled tank must appear for darshan of devotees and

tourists. > Tepporsavam should be conducted for Koodal Alagar Perumal. > The above request is for the perusal of all the members please. > With regards... > b.s.athreya> > > Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go to

http://in.messenger./webmessengerpromo.php>

Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!

Sri; Respected Swamin, I have sent the article to Thugluk. We will wait and see. What action he would take. Let us all pray to the Lord to proctect his property. Adiyen Sampath "R.Vaasu" <vaasur wrote: AdiyEn Ramanuja Dhasan. Respected Swamins, One of my friends works in The Hindu.,(which is the most useless paper for a Hindu, leave alone a

Srivaishnavite) and he opines that its useless to report such a matter there. Gone are those days when every single incident like the subject one got enough publicity and redress. Moreover, both Hindu and Junior Vikatan are controlled by DMK union(read Mafia) so, its no use going to them. Thuglaq is a better option as is Dhinamalar.Visu's MakkaL arangam is another, as allso Nakkeeran as these are opposition to the current Aurangazeb party. I have sent a mail to both dinamalar and Thuglaq() I also seek more involvement from active members......... AdiyEn Ramanuja Dhasan Vasudevan Posted by: "Raghavachary Vasudevan" mjrvasu mjrvasu Thu Feb 7, 2008 7:25 am (PST) Let us just do it. Anyone with contacts in these magazines?AdiyEnOn 2/6/08, Varadarajan Pelapur <vrajan09 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote: Respected Srivaishnavites, This issue should be brought up in Magazines which are devoted to Srivaishnavism instead of magazine like Vikatan. I personally

feel bringing up this issue in Geethacharyan and/or Nrusimhapriya would be more effective and would reach many Srivaishnavas/ Bhaktas. Adien, Pelapur Varadarajan. ------------ --------- --------- ramanuja@ s.com mails2raghu@ Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:58:14 +0000 [sri ramanuja] Re: Fw: My experience at Perumal Teppakkulam at Madurai Or shall we inform about this to Junior Vikatan or some such investigative

magazine which can alert everyone about this and which can bring this to the attention of the local authorities? ramanuja@ s.com, "R.Vaasu" <vaasur wrote: AdiyEn Dhasan. In one of the other , I have read this message and find it very disturbing. The Bhaagavatha who experienced has appropriately brought it to the notice of our community. I sincerely request members of this group to initiate appropriate action. Its heartening to note that the Jayalalitha govt had taken initiatives to have rain water harvested to collect in the tank andhave it suitable for Teppam Urchavam. BUt now, under this Raavana rule, this is the

status.Can we do something about this?? AdiyEnVasudevan Posted by: "sundaram athreya" sundar_athreya@ ... sundar_athreyaThu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 pm (PST) SAVE PERUMAL KOVIL TEPPAKKULAM AT MADURAIRecently I had been to Madurai. While walking along with my brotherin law in Town hall road , we wanted to look the water level in Perumal teppakkulam as lot of efforts were there by Previous govt. in rainwater harvesting and pouring it into teppakkulam. We found that the Teppakkulam was completely surrounded by shops in all the four sides. There was only a very narrow space at the south eastern side as approach to it. We went through that passage and found a shocking atmosphere. It was a Sunday. At western side,

the bank of the Teppakkulam was shrunk And illegal construction was going on by encroachment. While we were looking into it suddenly a lady appeared and asks us to get inside. We shock to notice that there was a small passage which lead into the gap of periphery wall of Teppakkulam. We understood what isgoing on there and who was the Lady. The entrance to the Teppakkulam is controlled by criminals. Between the gap of shops and periphery wall of the tank four square streets were established as Red light area. The activities are not visible from out side as the Teppakkulamis completely covered by shops from all the four sides. We are sure if the condition is allowed for some more time the tank will vanish. This is the high time to save the Teppakkulam. All shops surrounding the tank must be removed from all the four sides and Water filled tank must appear for darshan of

devotees and tourists. Tepporsavam should be conducted for Koodal Alagar Perumal. The above request is for the perusal of all the members please. With regards...b.s.athreya Save all your chat conversations. Find them online. Save all your chat conversations. Find them online.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.