IndiaDivine.org

Thirukkolur Ammal Varththaigal - 57

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri:Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama: Thirukkolur Ammal Varththaigal (Thirukkolur Penpillai Rahasyam) 57. iru midaRu pidiththEnO selvappiLLaiyaip pOlE Due to the problems created by the shaivite Chola king, Ramanuja had to leave Srirangam. He headed to Karnataka to the Hoysala rajya. There he found that he did not have any more divine mud to wear the urdhva pundra. As he was wondering what to do, that night in his dream came the Lord Thirunarayana, who told him to go to Yadavadri. The Lord told him "Yadavadri is no longer inhabited and I am buried under a mud hill. Find me from the ground, install me in a temple and perform thiruvardhanam. You will also find the divine mud in Yadavadri forurdhva pundra".Ramanuja took the help of the Hoysala king, discovered ThirunarayanaPerumal and himself performed thiruvaradhanam for

Him for three days.However, as they were not able to find the utsava vigraha, he wassad. Again, Thirunarayana appeared in his dream and told him "Ourutsava murthi, Ramapriyar, is with the daughter of the padsha at Delhi. Go there and return Him back here".Ramanuja, therefore, left for Delhi. There he met the padsha, blessed him and asked him to return Ramapriyar. The king said thatif Ramanuja invited Him and He responded, then he could take Himback. So Ramanuja invited Him like Periyazhvar called to Krishnain his divine pasurams "sArngapANi thaLar nadai nadavAnO".Ramapriyar responded and walked with all His jewels ringing, toRamanuja and sat in his lap. Ramanuja embraced Him and calledHim "vArAy! en selvap piLLaiyE!" (Come my dear child). Ramapriyaralso embraced Ramanuja by wrapping His divine hands around hisneck. From that day forward, He was called "selvap piLLai" and"yatirAja selva kumAra". Ramanuja then returned to Yadavadri with Selva Pillai and installedHim in the temple and performed utsavams for Him.Thirukkolur Ammal is asking "Did I embrace the acharya like SelvaPillai did?" Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam adiyEn madhurakavi dAsanhttp://www.acharya.org/vyakyanam/ThirukkolurammalVarththaigal/

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.