IndiaDivine.org

Thirukkolur Ammal Varththaigal - 61

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri:Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama: Thirukkolur Ammal Varththaigal (Thirukkolur Penpillai Rahasyam) 61. avan vENdAm enREnO AzhvAnaip pOlE Due to the trouble caused by the Chola king, Ramanuja had left Srirangam for Thirunarayanapuram. Periya Nambigal had given up his life and Kooraththazhvan lost his eyesight. After performing the final rites forPeriya Nambigal, Azhvan returned to Srirangam.One time, unable to bear the separation from Ramanuja, Azhvan was in deep despair. To console himself, he went to the Srirangam temple to have the darshan of Sri Ranganatha. However, due to his anger againstRamanuja, the Chola king had decreed that no one who was associatedwith Ramanuja should be allowed inside the temple. Therefore, a gate-keeper at the temple stopped Azhvan from entering. Another gatekeepersaid "Even though Azhvan is

associated with Ramanuja, he is full ofgood qualities. Therefore, he can be allowed inside", and told Azhvanthat he could go in.Azhvan replied "I should be allowed to see the Lord because of myrelationship with my acharya and not because I have good qualities. Seeing the Lord while breaking one's connection with one's acharya isnot required". Saying so, he refused to go inside the temple and wentback.Thirukkolur Ammal is saying "Did I show interest in the relationshipto my acharya to the extent of saying no to even Sriman Narayana,like Kooraththazhvan did?" Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam adiyEn madhurakavi dAsanhttp://www.acharya.org/vyakyanam/ThirukkolurammalVarththaigal/

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.