Lokacharya Panchasat - 53

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sri:Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

shrIman nigamAnta mahAdeshikai: anugrihItam

|| kumAra lokAchArya pa~nchAshat ||

Shloka 53:

praNamya charaNau tava praNatadehinAm kAmadau idam kimapi vA~nchitam bhuvanadeshika prArthaye |asAraphaNitikshamAcharaNamadya hitvA mana: prayAtu padavIm shubhAm vachanabhUShaNAla~NkR^itAm ||

Meaning:

bhuvanadeshika - O! Lokacharya.tava charaNau - At your divine feetpraNata dehinAm kAmadau - that give what the people who bow seek,praNamya - I bowprArthaye - and askidam kimapi - this one thingvA~nchitam - that I seek.hitvA - Giving upasAra phaNiti kshamA charaNam - wandering in the land of worthless words,mana: - (let) my mindadya - nowprayAtu - followshubhAm padavIm - the divine pathvachanabhUShaNa ala~NkR^itAm - that is decorated by Sri Vachana Bhushanam.

Vyakhyana Saram:In the final prakaranam of Sri Vachana Bhushanam, Pillai Lokachariar givesthe essential meaning of the sampradhayam - which is that the true path toliberation is the affection of an acharya. Not the affection that a disciple has to an acharya, but the affection that the acharya has forhis disciple. This is captured in his srisukti "AchArya abhimAnamEuththAragam". In this shloka, Swami Desikan prays to Pillai Lokachariarto have his mind let go of all other things and follow this divine pathmentioned in that greatest of works, Sri Vachana Bhushanam.

Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam