IndiaDivine.org

keera-thondanur

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Friends OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

i wish to share some obserwations of my visit to the abimansthalam

thondanur.

It is better known to the locals as keerathondanur and is 18 kms from srirangapatna. we drove from Bangalore to mysore. before one reaches srirangapatna there is a road to the right marked -pandavapura,.10 kms away. continue further for another 2 km and there is a sign board on the left indicating way to four temples established by sri Ramanuja. 3 kms on a kutcha road and u have reached the temples.

The famous thondanur temple is big with a big deepasthambam in the frontyard.Temple is clean but in a poor condition with very little support from the endowment board.

The battar opened the sannadhi and it was totally dark because of the powercut from 11am to 6 pm.we groped our way to the sannadi and prayed to narayana nambi lighted by an oillamp.Money even for this oil lamp is lacking and devotees have to support the purchase.

However because it was daytime with no rains that day an assistant illuminated our Nambi with sunlight reflected by a hand held mirror,held 25 yards away outside the sannadi. One is stunned by the briulliancePerumal is really excellent with jewels and battar was sincere with the archana.

Various acharyas ,nammalwar and thirumangai mannan had their sannadis just outside the garbagriha. Desika abn kurathalwan with pillailokachray a and manvalamamunigal also are seen along with the others. Interestingly the main deity has thengali thiruman and panchrathra agama is followed.THere is a seperate san

annadhi for aravindavalli thayar.who too was lluminated by the mirror as before.

The nithyapadi for perumal is carried out by donations from devotees-Rs.500 per day

Sorry to see the state of a great temple wher e Ramanuja established the first of the 5 narayanas.

The compound just opposite houses the temple of parthasarathy and santhanagopalan with rukmini and satrhyabama thayars,THis temple follows the vikanasa agama and is apparently better off .Peruma l is adorned with vadakalai thiruman Make a point to note the legs of Gopala are crossed left and right as against the usual mode..Battar of this temple is also incharge of the narasimha temple a few yards away on a smallhill .This temple has recently been renovated by an auditor from tiruchi, Yoganarasimha i s a grand awei nspiring site.Apart from the usual satari and theertham we are also blessed wiith a wooden dhandam kept constantly with perumal for the past 1000 years. The dhandam is a bramharakshasa cured by Sri Ramanuja. Chakram is on the left and Sanka is on the right

Ramanuja has a seperate sannadhi.He is in a sitting posture under adisesha,.He carries NO thridandam and is not shown as a sanyasin.Here he is adisesha as an acharyan who answered simultaneously questions raised by 1000 jain pundoits .One can also see the tail of a snake circling the acharyas waist. Ramanuja is adorned with thengali thiruman. Battar has no explanation.Apparently no big fuss is made about the kalai in karnataka.

The huge lake made by our acharya is a few minutes away and well maintained.Ramanuja is supposed to have directed the thirumanchan a water and rasakrita water of Gopala and Gopikas to form this lake.

One leaves with an extreme sensation of satisfaction and bhakthi wondering about the achievements of our Great Acharya Hope the ancient glory and grandeur of these temples will soon be revived.

Sri Narayanadesikaya namah.

dasan narayanan

Sriman narayanan,

Thank you for writing a very descriptive note about devareer's trip to

thondanur. Adiyen have not been there, but felt like I was present

there after reading your post. Thank you.

It is not clear what you are trying to say about vadakalai and

thenkalai thiruman on peruman, emperumanar, etc., especially when you

say " Ramanuja is adorned with thengali thiruman. Battar has no

explanation " . I wonder why would someone need an explanation about the

thiruman being in one way or another. Are you saying it is wrong to

have thengalai thiruman on emperumanar? Since I don't know the

background on this area, please pardon my ignorance, but I think that

writing like this in a public forum would create such conversations.

adiyen IRamanusa Dasan.

ramanuja , Rajagopalan Narayan

<rajagopalannarayan wrote:

>

> Friends��������������� OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> i wish to share some obserwations of my visit to the abimansthalam

> thondanur.

> It is better known to the locals as keerathondanur and is 18 kms

from srirangapatna. we drove from Bangalore to mysore. before one

reaches srirangapatna there is a road to the right marked

-pandavapura,.10 kms away. continue further for another 2 km and there

is a sign board on the left indicating way to four temples established

by sri Ramanuja. 3 kms on a kutcha road and u have reached the temples.

> The famous thondanur temple is big with a big deepasthambam in the

frontyard.Temple is clean but in a poor condition with very little

support from the endowment board.

> The battar opened the sannadhi and it was totally dark because of

the powercut from 11am to 6 pm.we groped our way to the sannadi and

prayed to narayana nambi lighted by an oillamp.Money even for this oil

lamp is lacking and devotees have to support the purchase.

> However because it was daytime with no rains that day� an assistant

illuminated our Nambi with sunlight reflected by a hand held

mirror,held 25 yards away outside the sannadi. One is stunned by the

briulliancePerumal is really excellent with jewels and battar was

sincere with the archana.

> Various acharyas ,nammalwar and thirumangai mannan� had their

sannadis just outside the garbagriha. Desika abn kurathalwan with

pillailokachray a and manvalamamunigal� also are seen along with the

others. Interestingly the main deity has thengali thiruman and

panchrathra agama is followed.THere is a seperate san

> annadhi for aravindavalli thayar.who too was lluminated by the

mirror as before.

> The nithyapadi for perumal is carried out by donations from

devotees-Rs.500 per day

> Sorry to see the state of a great temple wher e Ramanuja established

�the first of the 5 narayanas.

> The compound just opposite� houses the temple of parthasarathy and

santhanagopalan with rukmini and satrhyabama �thayars,THis temple

follows the vikanasa agama and is apparently better off .Peruma l is

adorned with vadakalai thiruman Make a point to note the legs of�

Gopala are crossed left and right as against the usual mode..Battar of

this temple is also incharge of the narasimha� temple a few yards away

on a smallhill .This temple has recently been renovated by an auditor

from tiruchi, Yoganarasimha i s a grand awei �nspiring site.Apart from

the usual satari and theertham we are also blessed wiith a wooden

dhandam kept constantly� with perumal for the past 1000 years. The

dhandam is a bramharakshasa cured by Sri Ramanuja. Chakram is on the

left and Sanka is on the right

> �Ramanuja has a seperate sannadhi.He is in a sitting posture under

adisesha,.He carries NO thridandam and is �not� shown as a

sanyasin.Here he is adisesha as an acharyan who answered

simultaneously questions raised by 1000 jain pundoits .One can also

see�the tail of a snake circling the acharyas waist. Ramanuja is

adorned with thengali thiruman. Battar has no explanation.Apparently

no big fuss is made about the kalai in karnataka.

> The huge lake made by our acharya is a few� minutes away and well

maintained.Ramanuja is supposed to have directed the thirumanchan a

water� and rasakrita water of Gopala and Gopikas to form this lake.

> One leaves with an extreme sensation of satisfaction and bhakthi�

wondering about the achievements of our Great Acharya Hope the ancient

glory and grandeur of these temples will soon be revived.

> Sri Narayanadesikaya� namah.

> dasan narayanan

>

>

>

>

>

>

Friends/bhagavathas,

One interesting information, i would like to add about the Udayavar sannidhi in Thondanur(the bhattar himself told us this!).

When we look at Udayavar's thiruvuruvam on the wall, the Shanka is on the left and Chakra on the right(direction in which we look), instead of the other way round which is the usual case in all sannidhis. This is because, they are embossed in the direction in which He performed samashrayana for the jain monks(after they offered to become His disciples, realizing the greatness of Emberumanar at the end of the tharka they had) and hence the mirror image!

Thanks & Regds,

Rajagopalan.

=======================================================================

"Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, enthusiastically act upon, must eventually come to pass"

Rajagopalan Parthasarathy,

Arm Embedded technologies Pvt. Ltd.,

Bangalore-560087.--- On Fri, 10/24/08, adiyenraghu <adiyenraghu wrote:

adiyenraghu <adiyenraghu[sri ramanuja] Re: keera-thondanurramanuja Date: Friday, October 24, 2008, 6:06 PM

Sriman narayanan,Thank you for writing a very descriptive note about devareer's trip tothondanur. Adiyen have not been there, but felt like I was presentthere after reading your post. Thank you.It is not clear what you are trying to say about vadakalai andthenkalai thiruman on peruman, emperumanar, etc., especially when yousay "Ramanuja is adorned with thengali thiruman. Battar has noexplanation" . I wonder why would someone need an explanation about thethiruman being in one way or another. Are you saying it is wrong tohave thengalai thiruman on emperumanar? Since I don't know thebackground on this area, please pardon my ignorance, but I think thatwriting like this in a public forum would create such conversations.adiyen IRamanusa Dasan.ramanuja@ s.com, Rajagopalan

Narayan<rajagopalannarayan wrote:>> Friends��������������� OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> i wish to share some obserwations of my visit to the abimansthalam> thondanur.> It is better known to the locals as keerathondanur and is 18 kmsfrom srirangapatna. we drove from Bangalore to mysore. before onereaches srirangapatna there is a road to the right marked-pandavapura, .10 kms away. continue further for another 2 km and thereis a sign board on the left indicating way to four temples establishedby sri Ramanuja. 3 kms on a kutcha road and u have reached the temples.> The famous thondanur temple is big with a big deepasthambam in thefrontyard.Temple is clean but in a poor condition with very littlesupport from the endowment board.> The battar opened the sannadhi and it was totally dark because ofthe

powercut from 11am to 6 pm.we groped our way to the sannadi andprayed to narayana nambi lighted by an oillamp.Money even for this oillamp is lacking and devotees have to support the purchase.> However because it was daytime with no rains that day� an assistantilluminated our Nambi with sunlight reflected by a hand heldmirror,held 25 yards away outside the sannadi. One is stunned by thebriulliancePerumal is really excellent with jewels and battar wassincere with the archana.> Various acharyas ,nammalwar and thirumangai mannan� had theirsannadis just outside the garbagriha. Desika abn kurathalwan withpillailokachray a and manvalamamunigal� also are seen along with theothers. Interestingly the main deity has thengali thiruman andpanchrathra agama is followed.THere is a seperate san> annadhi for aravindavalli thayar.who too was lluminated by themirror as before. > The

nithyapadi for perumal is carried out by donations fromdevotees-Rs. 500 per day> Sorry to see the state of a great temple wher e Ramanuja established�the first of the 5 narayanas.> The compound just opposite� houses the temple of parthasarathy andsanthanagopalan with rukmini and satrhyabama �thayars,THis templefollows the vikanasa agama and is apparently better off .Peruma l isadorned with vadakalai thiruman Make a point to note the legs of�Gopala are crossed left and right as against the usual mode..Battar ofthis temple is also incharge of the narasimha� temple a few yards awayon a smallhill .This temple has recently been renovated by an auditorfrom tiruchi, Yoganarasimha i s a grand awei �nspiring site.Apart fromthe usual satari and theertham we are also blessed wiith a woodendhandam kept constantly� with perumal for the past 1000 years. Thedhandam is a

bramharakshasa cured by Sri Ramanuja. Chakram is on theleft and Sanka is on the right> �Ramanuja has a seperate sannadhi.He is in a sitting posture underadisesha,.He carries NO thridandam and is �not� shown as asanyasin.Here he is adisesha as an acharyan who answeredsimultaneously questions raised by 1000 jain pundoits .One can alsosee�the tail of a snake circling the acharyas waist. Ramanuja isadorned with thengali thiruman. Battar has no explanation. Apparentlyno big fuss is made about the kalai in karnataka.> The huge lake made by our acharya is a few� minutes away and wellmaintained.Ramanuja is supposed to have directed the thirumanchan awater� and rasakrita water of Gopala and Gopikas to form this lake.> One leaves with an extreme sensation of satisfaction and bhakthi�wondering about the achievements of our Great Acharya Hope the ancientglory and

grandeur of these temples will soon be revived.> Sri Narayanadesikaya� namah.> dasan narayanan> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > http://mail. >

Dear All,

Adiyen also had an opportunity to visit the temples recently

and would like to add photos taken during the visit.

Daasan

Adiyen

Nandakumar

On 10/24/08, adiyenraghu <adiyenraghu wrote:

Sriman narayanan,Thank you for writing a very descriptive note about devareer's trip tothondanur. Adiyen have not been there, but felt like I was presentthere after reading your post. Thank you.

It is not clear what you are trying to say about vadakalai andthenkalai thiruman on peruman, emperumanar, etc., especially when yousay " Ramanuja is adorned with thengali thiruman. Battar has noexplanation " . I wonder why would someone need an explanation about the

thiruman being in one way or another. Are you saying it is wrong tohave thengalai thiruman on emperumanar? Since I don't know thebackground on this area, please pardon my ignorance, but I think thatwriting like this in a public forum would create such conversations.

adiyen IRamanusa Dasan.ramanuja , Rajagopalan Narayan<rajagopalannarayan wrote:

>> Friends��������������� OM NAMO NARAYANAYA> i wish to share some obserwations of my visit to the abimansthalam> thondanur.> It is better known to the locals as keerathondanur and is 18 kms

from srirangapatna. we drove from Bangalore to mysore. before onereaches srirangapatna there is a road to the right marked-pandavapura,.10 kms away. continue further for another 2 km and thereis a sign board on the left indicating way to four temples established

by sri Ramanuja. 3 kms on a kutcha road and u have reached the temples.> The famous thondanur temple is big with a big deepasthambam in thefrontyard.Temple is clean but in a poor condition with very littlesupport from the endowment board.

> The battar opened the sannadhi and it was totally dark because ofthe powercut from 11am to 6 pm.we groped our way to the sannadi andprayed to narayana nambi lighted by an oillamp.Money even for this oillamp is lacking and devotees have to support the purchase.

> However because it was daytime with no rains that day� an assistantilluminated our Nambi with sunlight reflected by a hand heldmirror,held 25 yards away outside the sannadi. One is stunned by the

briulliancePerumal is really excellent with jewels and battar wassincere with the archana.> Various acharyas ,nammalwar and thirumangai mannan� had theirsannadis just outside the garbagriha. Desika abn kurathalwan with

pillailokachray a and manvalamamunigal� also are seen along with theothers. Interestingly the main deity has thengali thiruman andpanchrathra agama is followed.THere is a seperate san> annadhi for aravindavalli thayar.who too was lluminated by the

mirror as before. > The nithyapadi for perumal is carried out by donations fromdevotees-Rs.500 per day> Sorry to see the state of a great temple wher e Ramanuja established�the first of the 5 narayanas.

> The compound just opposite� houses the temple of parthasarathy andsanthanagopalan with rukmini and satrhyabama �thayars,THis templefollows the vikanasa agama and is apparently better off .Peruma l is

adorned with vadakalai thiruman Make a point to note the legs of�Gopala are crossed left and right as against the usual mode..Battar ofthis temple is also incharge of the narasimha� temple a few yards away

on a smallhill .This temple has recently been renovated by an auditorfrom tiruchi, Yoganarasimha i s a grand awei �nspiring site.Apart fromthe usual satari and theertham we are also blessed wiith a wooden

dhandam kept constantly� with perumal for the past 1000 years. Thedhandam is a bramharakshasa cured by Sri Ramanuja. Chakram is on theleft and Sanka is on the right> �Ramanuja has a seperate sannadhi.He is in a sitting posture under

adisesha,.He carries NO thridandam and is �not� shown as asanyasin.Here he is adisesha as an acharyan who answeredsimultaneously questions raised by 1000 jain pundoits .One can alsosee�the tail of a snake circling the acharyas waist. Ramanuja is

adorned with thengali thiruman. Battar has no explanation.Apparentlyno big fuss is made about the kalai in karnataka.> The huge lake made by our acharya is a few� minutes away and wellmaintained.Ramanuja is supposed to have directed the thirumanchan a

water� and rasakrita water of Gopala and Gopikas to form this lake.> One leaves with an extreme sensation of satisfaction and bhakthi�wondering about the achievements of our Great Acharya Hope the ancient

glory and grandeur of these temples will soon be revived.> Sri Narayanadesikaya� namah.> dasan narayanan> > >

> > >