IndiaDivine.org

Regd. Opportunity to learn/associate for Novice/Beginner vaishnavas in Hyderabad

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan.

Adiyen is a beginner & a novice Vaishnavan. I have had not any formal training

in our Religion. I am desperate to start in a small way. As a working software

professional my Saturdays & Sundays are mostly free. Definitely Sunday is my

free time. And nothing constructive is done from my side on those days.

I would like to seek the association of the Vaishnavas & learn something. I hope

it is not too late to learn something. Anyway, with my impurities I am certain

my endeavours would not bear fruit.

Please tell me if it is possible to associate now.

I got a number of very enthusiastic invitation from many ISKCON devotees. While

I thanked them gratefully I conveyed my desire to focus on Sri Vaishnavism & its

scriptures. (Am I being too narrow minded? Being too attached to Sri

Vaishnavism?).

I have heard that Vaishnavas are like desire trees -

'v & #257;ñch & #257;-kalpatarubhya & #347; ca k & #7771;p & #257;-sindhubhya eva ca|

patit & #257;n & #257; & #7745; p & #257;vanebhyo vai & #7779; & #7751;avebhyo namo

nama & #7717;'

I would be great to be in the association with the devotees.

namO nArAyanAya!

Guest guest

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan.

I must thank the Vaishnavas in this group for wishing me well. I have often

heard this analogy about association with devotees - Just as the way iron when

exposed to fire, acquires properties of the fire (heat, colour) merely by

association, so too would we acquire transcendental qualities when we associate

with devotees.

I had 5-6 responses to my earlier post, which I would like to summarize in case

somebody is looking for responses.

The suggestions I received were:

- Taking shelter of a Spiritual Master (Acharyan)

- Performing the daily duties without fail (Nitya Karmanushatanam)

- Going through the Spiritual material at ramanuja.org, Vedics.net.

I have been told our scriptures are living & 'personal'(as opposed to

impersonal). They reciprocate when we approach them with reverence &

enquire/inquire submissively.

I am certain that I possess enough undesirable qualities(anarthaa's) that seem

to impede my spiritual progress. I would like to take shelter of the Divya

Dampathi, all the acharya's & all the vaishnavas before trying to scale the

mountain of anarthaa's.

namO nArAyanAya!

ramanuja , " sriram.aravamuthan " <vidusri2 wrote:

>

> Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan.

>

> Adiyen is a beginner & a novice Vaishnavan. I have had not any formal training

in our Religion. I am desperate to start in a small way. As a working software

professional my Saturdays & Sundays are mostly free. Definitely Sunday is my

free time. And nothing constructive is done from my side on those days.

>

> I would like to seek the association of the Vaishnavas & learn something. I

hope it is not too late to learn something. Anyway, with my impurities I am

certain my endeavours would not bear fruit.

>

> Please tell me if it is possible to associate now.

>

> I got a number of very enthusiastic invitation from many ISKCON devotees.

While I thanked them gratefully I conveyed my desire to focus on Sri Vaishnavism

& its scriptures. (Am I being too narrow minded? Being too attached to Sri

Vaishnavism?).

>

> I have heard that Vaishnavas are like desire trees -

> 'v & #257;�ch & #257;-kalpatarubhya & #347; ca k & #7771;p & #257;-sindhubhya eva ca|

> patit & #257;n & #257; & #7745; p & #257;vanebhyo vai & #7779; & #7751;avebhyo namo

nama & #7717;'

>

> I would be great to be in the association with the devotees.

>

> namO nArAyanAya!

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

SrI:Dear Sriram: adiyEn namaskArams::AdiyEn invites you as a beginner/novice in SriVaishnava SampradhAyam.Our Sri NamperumAL is there, to bring up every jeevAtma from this samsAraworld!!AdiyEn welcome your decision in spending the free time in devotional way.

AdiyEn resides near Mahabalipuram (Thiru Kadalmallai) & Thiru Vidanthaidivyadesams near Chennai. Feel free to call adiyEn at anytime (9884364947).AchArya / BhAgavatha sampantham is very important. Namo Sri RenganAthAya:

adiyEn,senthilOn Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 7:00 PM, sriram.aravamuthan <vidusri2 wrote:

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan.

Adiyen is a beginner & a novice Vaishnavan. I have had not any formal training in our Religion. I am desperate to start in a small way. As a working software professional my Saturdays & Sundays are mostly free. Definitely Sunday is my free time. And nothing constructive is done from my side on those days.

I would like to seek the association of the Vaishnavas & learn something. I hope it is not too late to learn something. Anyway, with my impurities I am certain my endeavours would not bear fruit.

I got a number of very enthusiastic invitation from many ISKCON devotees. While I thanked them gratefully I conveyed my desire to focus on Sri Vaishnavism & its scriptures. (Am I being too narrow minded? Being too attached to Sri Vaishnavism?).

'v & #257;ñch & #257;-kalpatarubhya & #347; ca k & #7771;p & #257;-sindhubhya eva ca|

patit & #257;n & #257; & #7745; p & #257;vanebhyo vai & #7779; & #7751;avebhyo namo nama & #7717;'

namO nArAyanAya!

Guest guest

Dear Sri Senthil Kumar, For starters you can join the SriVaishnavism course conducted by Malola Vageesa Vani in Chennai. It is a correspondence course with weekend classes in their T Nagar center. The course is excellent in introducing all the concepts of SriVaishnavism. I can vouch for it as I joined the course to learn about our sampradayam two years back and I am immensely pleased with the material and their enthusiasm in teaching novices like me who are awed by the greatness of our sampradayam and the incredible pains our poorvAcharyas have taken to preserve it. Best RegardsGeetha AnandB. Senthil Kumar <b.senthil2002ramanuja Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:33:09 PMRe: [sri ramanuja] Regd. Opportunity to learn/associate for Novice/Beginner vaishnavas in Hyderabad

SrI:Dear Sriram: adiyEn namaskArams: :AdiyEn invites you as a beginner/novice in SriVaishnava SampradhAyam.Our Sri NamperumAL is there, to bring up every jeevAtma from this samsAraworld!!AdiyEn welcome your decision in spending the free time in devotional way.

AdiyEn resides near Mahabalipuram (Thiru Kadalmallai) & Thiru Vidanthaidivyadesams near Chennai. Feel free to call adiyEn at anytime (9884364947) .AchArya / BhAgavatha sampantham is very important. Namo Sri RenganAthAya:

adiyEn,senthilOn Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 7:00 PM, sriram.aravamuthan <vidusri2 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan.

Adiyen is a beginner & a novice Vaishnavan. I have had not any formal training in our Religion. I am desperate to start in a small way. As a working software professional my Saturdays & Sundays are mostly free. Definitely Sunday is my free time. And nothing constructive is done from my side on those days.

I would like to seek the association of the Vaishnavas & learn something. I hope it is not too late to learn something. Anyway, with my impurities I am certain my endeavours would not bear fruit.

I got a number of very enthusiastic invitation from many ISKCON devotees. While I thanked them gratefully I conveyed my desire to focus on Sri Vaishnavism & its scriptures. (Am I being too narrow minded? Being too attached to Sri Vaishnavism? ).

patit & #257;n & #257; & #7745; p & #257;vanebhyo vai & #7779; & #7751;avebhyo namo nama & #7717;'

namO nArAyanAya!