IndiaDivine.org

Srirangam -- Nam Perumal DOLOTSAVAM yesterday, 6 nov 2009

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Bhaagavathaas,

I was in Srirangam last Friday, my usual time 5 PM, ONLY with the intention to see Lord Ranganatha exclusively and have His SANNIDHI. A few days back I was in TRICHY for some office job and went to NAM Perumal DARSHAN as a by product. I felt my devotion is diluted as I was in dual purpose. However, I had satisfaction that day , I could take a couple of my colleagues and told them about Ranganatha. I reasoned out, if I wish to see the Lord why I am diluting the intent if I have another job. I made up my mind to make it exclusive for the Lord once more next time.

Adiyen has the BHAAGYAM again to have Him before my mortal eyes, which are fading slowly due to age (CHATHVARAM). Yet strong enough and devoted, I wish to maximise my visits and share the thoughts and experience with our devotee groups.

As I always said, every time you visit SRIRANGAM, you will experience something special and always new and unexpected. That is Lord’s blessing (APAARA KARUNA) for this life and for the soul too. If we recognise UBHAYA VIBHUTI of BHAGAVAD RAMANUJA school, we are living two lives (1) Present life with responsibilities to family, children, organisation, fellow devotees, society and country and world at large, (2) Spiritual – No idea of what responsibilities are taken before taking this birth and what was Lord’s purpose. And do not know how many more lives to reach Lord’s lotus feet. Coming back to Srirangam my expectation was to complete the SANNIDHI of NAM Perumal and also THAAYAR before 6 PM and return back home by 8 PM.

But if Lord Ranganatha wishes to give us more, who will stop anything. The DARSHAN was closed at that time and will open only around 6 PM. I waited in queue meant for Rs 50, where the DARSHAN will be complete generally within 15 minutes. I learnt with association of these devotee groups, not to grumble or short tempered, when we go for Lord’s DARSHAN and also have no second thoughts to get diverted. Have Lord’s SANNIDHI alone in mind. After all we have come for His mercy which in bountiful and worth millions.

While waiting in the queue line, I had a glimpse of UTSAVAR going out from sanctum. I presumed He is going to PURAPPADU. The counter opened after 40 minutes wait and I had peaceful SANNIDHI of Lord’s Lotus feet. I wish I could translate the vision in to words for our group. Refilled with divine strengths and His APAARA KARUNA, I came out to have THAAYAR SANNIDHI. It is already 6 PM and I knew that will open after 7 PM only. I was somewhat impatient for I have to wait about 45 minutes.

I had a surprise blessing from Lord just outside main entrance. Ranganatha is in a swing. LORD IS ON DOLOTSAVAM (UNJHAL SEVAI) on a high platform,just in front of Mahaa Dvaram, next to TULAABHARAM. It is a big MANDAPAM elevated from ground about 10 ft high and in front there is space for many persons to sit peacefully and watch comfortable. I gathered information from a swamy, this festival is performed for NINE DAYS continuously during this season. There was no crowd. All aged men and women about 70 years witnessed this festival peacefully sitting in front. Undoubtedly Lord Ranganatha blessed ALL of OUR DEVOTEE GROUP on this occasion. There is little doubt that SRIRANGAM IS BHOOLOKA VAIKUNTHAM.

Later I had THAAYAR DARSHAN and back to my work in nearby town.

Lord Ranganatha shall bless us all. Adiyen thanks for all your time.

Ever humble to all devotees – Peesapati V V Seetharama Chari

MAAMEKAM SARANAM VRAJA

P V V S Chari