IndiaDivine.org

Dandavats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Bhagavatha,You can get the Githa Bhashya of Ramanuja from Ramakrishna Mutt Publications.Dasan R N RaghavanOn Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Dinesh Nidamanuru <dinesh_nidamanuru wrote:

Jai SrimannarayanaDear Bhagavaths,could any body kindly let me know where from i can get geetha bhashaym in english by sri ramanuja charya. your servant,Dinesh

Guest guest

Adiyen,Is Ramakrishna Mutt published all the three acharya's Geeta Bhashya in English? Can you please confirm? Thanks in advance.Adiyen Dasan,Hari--- On Thu, 3/11/10, raghavan1946 narasimha <raghavan1946 wrote:raghavan1946 narasimha <raghavan1946Re: [sri ramanuja] Dandavatsramanuja Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 10:53 AM

Dear Bhagavatha,You can get the Githa Bhashya of Ramanuja from Ramakrishna Mutt Publications.Dasan R N RaghavanOn Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Dinesh Nidamanuru <dinesh_nidamanuru@ > wrote:

Jai SrimannarayanaDear Bhagavaths,could any body kindly let me know where from i can get geetha bhashaym in english by sri ramanuja charya. your servant,Dinesh

Guest guest

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha.

Srimath Varavaramunaye Namaha.

Dear Bhaktas,

The Ramakrishna Mutts's publication of Sri Ramanuja's gita bhashya is biased and

full of peculiar language (a distinct use of christian phrases which I find

annoying). At times, it is also incorrect.

If you wish to get a good english translation, I'd recommend the 3 volume Gita

Bhashya by the late Tirukallam Swami, asthana vidvan of Ahobila Mutt. This book,

translated in english by a Dr. Jagannathan, is based on the authentic gita

bhashya of Emperumanar and Tatparya Chandrika of Vedanta Desikan. Obviously,

without Tatparya Chandrika, Emperumanar's Gita Bhashya cannot be enjoyed.

In addition, each chapter begins with a summary and Yamunacharya's Gitarta

Sangraham. The mahatmyam of each chapter is also given at its end, from Padma

Purana as a discussion between Siva and Parvati.

The author also has given the viewpoints of Sankaracharya and Madhvacharya for

each sloka, for comparison. Furthermore, points of divergence between Vadakalai

and Thenkalai are indicated, wherever appropriate.

For tamil translations, Puttur Swami's publications would be an excellent

choice.

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,

Narayanan.

Guest guest

Adiyen just wanted to add that the english translation of Sri Ramanuja's Gita

Bhashya by Sri Tirukallam Swami is available at Kinchitkaram Shop, located in

Mylapore, at Sri Velukkudi Swami's residence.

Two volumes (Chap. 1-6, 7-12) have been released in english, with the third and

final hexad (12-18) due in a few months.

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,

Narayanan.

Guest guest

Sri:Swamin,Thank you very much for the info.Please let me know where the books by Late Torukullam Swami is available.DasanSampathPartha <govi85ramanuja Sent: Fri, March 12, 2010 12:19:42 PM[sri ramanuja] Re: Dandavats

Dear Bhaktas,

The Ramakrishna Mutts's publication of Sri Ramanuja's gita bhashya is biased and full of peculiar language (a distinct use of christian phrases which I find annoying). At times, it is also incorrect.

If you wish to get a good english translation, I'd recommend the 3 volume Gita Bhashya by the late Tirukallam Swami, asthana vidvan of Ahobila Mutt. This book, translated in english by a Dr. Jagannathan, is based on the authentic gita bhashya of Emperumanar and Tatparya Chandrika of Vedanta Desikan. Obviously, without Tatparya Chandrika, Emperumanar' s Gita Bhashya cannot be enjoyed.

In addition, each chapter begins with a summary and Yamunacharya' s Gitarta Sangraham. The mahatmyam of each chapter is also given at its end, from Padma Purana as a discussion between Siva and Parvati.

The author also has given the viewpoints of Sankaracharya and Madhvacharya for each sloka, for comparison. Furthermore, points of divergence between Vadakalai and Thenkalai are indicated, wherever appropriate.

For tamil translations, Puttur Swami's publications would be an excellent choice.

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,

Narayanan.