IndiaDivine.org

Terakanambi, Vyaghrachalam - Mahotsavam Invitation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Bhagavatas,

Vyaghrachalam (or Huligana muradi in kannada) is a small hillock onto the south of Chamarajnagar district (Karnataka state). It is situated in a picturesque location near the Terakanambi gramam. This is the same place referred to as 'Dakshina sheshadri' in the Varaha Puranam (the 6th chapter in the uttara khandam). Sri Alarmel mangai sameta Sri Srinivasa Perumal stands atop this hillock with unparallelled karunai to uplift his dear devotees from the samsaram. This is the place where He gave darishanam to Mandavya rishi (who can be seen in the sanctum in the form of a frog at Perumal's tiruvadi even to this day). The other sannidhis in this temple include Sri Andal Nachiyar (in a very rarely seen seated posture with anjali mudra), Sri Vaikuntha Narayanar along with all azhwars, Sri Yoga Srinivasar and Anjaneyar.

Now, with Bhagavan's divya sankalpam, the chara bimba pratishtai of Kumudavalli sameta Tirumangai Azhwar, Sri Manavala Mamunigal and Sri Vedanta Desikar is being arranged at this temple. The pratishtapana mahotsavam starts on 9th of April and will continue till the 11th of April.

This event is also serving to be a congregation of some of the most elite scholars of our sampradayam. The scholars who would be gracing the mahotsavam are:

Sri vrittaratna U.Ve.Embar Krishnamacharya Swami (Tiruvali Tirunagari), HH Sri Rangapriya Mahadesikan Swami, Sri U.Ve.Gomatam Sampatkumarachariar Swami, Sri Kanchi Prativadi Bhayankaram U.Ve.Rajahamsam Swami, HH Sri Kanchi Vadikesari Azhagiya Manavala Jeeyar Swami (adiyen's acharyan) and Sri U.Ve.Elayavilli Bhuvarahachariar Swami (Azhwar Tirunagari).

The details of the mahotsavam are as below:

9th of April (Friday):

Morning: Tirumanjanam to Divya Dampatis, nitya aradhana, teertha-prasada viniyogam followed by upanyasam on Tirumangai Azhwar Vaibhavam by Sri U.Ve.Embar Krishnamacharya Swami.

Evening: HH Sri Sri Rangapriya Mahadesikan Swami mangalasanam to Divyadampati followed by His upanyasam on Sri Vedanta Desikar Vaibhavam.

Veda-Prabandha parayanam, Sri Vishnu Sahasranama Parayanam, Svastivachanam, punyaham, dvadasha aradhanai, Acharya rtvig grahanam, anujna rakshabandhanam, mRt sangrahaNam, ankurarpaNam, jaladivasam, kalasadivasam, followed by shaattumurai.

10th of April (Saturday):

Morning: Veda-Prabandha parayanam, punyaham, dvadasha aradhanai, kumbha avahanai, bimba shuddhi, panchagavya mRttika sthapana, dhaanyaadivasam, agni pratishThai, murti homam, followed by upanyasam on Sri Manavala Mamunigal Vaibhavam by Sri U.Ve.Gomatam Sampatkumarachariar Swami and shaattumurai.

Evening: Veda-Prabandha parayanam, Sri Vishnu Sahasranam Parayanam, punyaham, dvadasha aradhanai, kumbha aradhanai, shayanaadivasam, ratnadivasam, murti homam, jeevaadi tattva homam followed by upanyasam by Sri Kanchi Prativadi Bhayankaram U.Ve.Rajahamsam Swami and shaattumurai.

11th of April (Sunday):

Morning: Veda-Prabandha parayanam, HH Sri Kanchi Vadikesari Azhagiya Manavala Jeeyar Swami mangalasanam to Divya Dampatis, followed by punyaham, dvadasha aradhanai, murti homam, maha purnaahuti and maha kumbha prokshana, prana pratishThai, followed by upanyasam by Sri U.Ve.Elayavilli Bhuvarahachariar Swami and periya shaattumurai and tadeeyaradhanai.

All the Bhagavatas are requested to make yourselves comfortable to attend the mahotsavam (especially in the august presence of some of the most elite scholars of our sampradayam) and beget the divine grace of Sri Kalian, Jeeyar, Desikar and the Divya Dampatis.

In case any of you are willing to attend the function, but not familiar with the place, please feel free to drop me a mail and I can give you all the details that you might need.

Hope to see a great participation from the devotees.

Dasan,

Srinivasa Rajan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Dear Bhagavatas,

The pratishtai mahotsavam went on really well and it was our Bhagyavishesham to have so many swamis from so many divya deshams gathered together in a place which once upon a time gave shelter to none other than Namperumal and Nammalwar when they were out of Srirangam!!!

Believe me, I am from that place only, and I didn't know this! :-) It was Sri U.Ve. PB Rajahamsam Swami who highlighted this point from Yatindra Pravana Vaibhavam during his upanyasam, and only then I started feeling prouder to hail from this place! :-)

Very unfortunately, HH Sri Vadikesari Azhagiya Manavala Jeeyar Swami could not make it to this mahotsavam due to some health troubles. Hope He does mangalasasanam to perumal atleast sometime in future.

Some of the snaps of the mahotsavam taken from my cam can be found in the following link:

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/srinivasarajan/PratishthaiMahotsavamTerakanambi

I request the Bhagavatas to kindly forgive me for the bad quality and less number of photos. Some of the contributing factors were: low light, restriction on using flash in many places, me not having camera at all times to cover the full event (I also had to do some kaayika kainkaryams at times), etc. But I hope this atleast gives a glimpse of the grandeur of the event to all the Bhagavatas who could not make it to the mahotsavam. Please feel free to leave your valuable comments.

Dasan,

Srinivasa Rajan

Acharya Smaranam...

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Srinivasa Rajan <srinivasarajan wrote:

Dear Bhagavatas,

Vyaghrachalam (or Huligana muradi in kannada) is a small hillock onto the south of Chamarajnagar district (Karnataka state). It is situated in a picturesque location near the Terakanambi gramam. This is the same place referred to as 'Dakshina sheshadri' in the Varaha Puranam (the 6th chapter in the uttara khandam). Sri Alarmel mangai sameta Sri Srinivasa Perumal stands atop this hillock with unparallelled karunai to uplift his dear devotees from the samsaram. This is the place where He gave darishanam to Mandavya rishi (who can be seen in the sanctum in the form of a frog at Perumal's tiruvadi even to this day). The other sannidhis in this temple include Sri Andal Nachiyar (in a very rarely seen seated posture with anjali mudra), Sri Vaikuntha Narayanar along with all azhwars, Sri Yoga Srinivasar and Anjaneyar.

Now, with Bhagavan's divya sankalpam, the chara bimba pratishtai of Kumudavalli sameta Tirumangai Azhwar, Sri Manavala Mamunigal and Sri Vedanta Desikar is being arranged at this temple. The pratishtapana mahotsavam starts on 9th of April and will continue till the 11th of April.

This event is also serving to be a congregation of some of the most elite scholars of our sampradayam. The scholars who would be gracing the mahotsavam are:

Sri vrittaratna U.Ve.Embar Krishnamacharya Swami (Tiruvali Tirunagari), HH Sri Rangapriya Mahadesikan Swami, Sri U.Ve.Gomatam Sampatkumarachariar Swami, Sri Kanchi Prativadi Bhayankaram U.Ve.Rajahamsam Swami, HH Sri Kanchi Vadikesari Azhagiya Manavala Jeeyar Swami (adiyen's acharyan) and Sri U.Ve.Elayavilli Bhuvarahachariar Swami (Azhwar Tirunagari).

9th of April (Friday):

Morning: Tirumanjanam to Divya Dampatis, nitya aradhana, teertha-prasada viniyogam followed by upanyasam on Tirumangai Azhwar Vaibhavam by Sri U.Ve.Embar Krishnamacharya Swami.

Evening: HH Sri Sri Rangapriya Mahadesikan Swami mangalasanam to Divyadampati followed by His upanyasam on Sri Vedanta Desikar Vaibhavam.

Veda-Prabandha parayanam, Sri Vishnu Sahasranama Parayanam, Svastivachanam, punyaham, dvadasha aradhanai, Acharya rtvig grahanam, anujna rakshabandhanam, mRt sangrahaNam, ankurarpaNam, jaladivasam, kalasadivasam, followed by shaattumurai.

Morning: Veda-Prabandha parayanam, punyaham, dvadasha aradhanai, kumbha avahanai, bimba shuddhi, panchagavya mRttika sthapana, dhaanyaadivasam, agni pratishThai, murti homam, followed by upanyasam on Sri Manavala Mamunigal Vaibhavam by Sri U.Ve.Gomatam Sampatkumarachariar Swami and shaattumurai.

Evening: Veda-Prabandha parayanam, Sri Vishnu Sahasranam Parayanam, punyaham, dvadasha aradhanai, kumbha aradhanai, shayanaadivasam, ratnadivasam, murti homam, jeevaadi tattva homam followed by upanyasam by Sri Kanchi Prativadi Bhayankaram U.Ve.Rajahamsam Swami and shaattumurai.

11th of April (Sunday):

Morning: Veda-Prabandha parayanam, HH Sri Kanchi Vadikesari Azhagiya Manavala Jeeyar Swami mangalasanam to Divya Dampatis, followed by punyaham, dvadasha aradhanai, murti homam, maha purnaahuti and maha kumbha prokshana, prana pratishThai, followed by upanyasam by Sri U.Ve.Elayavilli Bhuvarahachariar Swami and periya shaattumurai and tadeeyaradhanai.

All the Bhagavatas are requested to make yourselves comfortable to attend the mahotsavam (especially in the august presence of some of the most elite scholars of our sampradayam) and beget the divine grace of Sri Kalian, Jeeyar, Desikar and the Divya Dampatis.

In case any of you are willing to attend the function, but not familiar with the place, please feel free to drop me a mail and I can give you all the details that you might need.

Dasan,

Srinivasa Rajan

Guest guest

Great Bhagyam for us to view these photos even though couldn't take part in samprokshanam.Dasan,BadriOn Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 5:06 AM, Srinivasa Rajan <srinivasarajan wrote:

Dear Bhagavatas,

The pratishtai mahotsavam went on really well and it was our Bhagyavishesham to have so many swamis from so many divya deshams gathered together in a place which once upon a time gave shelter to none other than Namperumal and Nammalwar when they were out of Srirangam!!!

Believe me, I am from that place only, and I didn't know this! :-) It was Sri U.Ve. PB Rajahamsam Swami who highlighted this point from Yatindra Pravana Vaibhavam during his upanyasam, and only then I started feeling prouder to hail from this place! :-)

Very unfortunately, HH Sri Vadikesari Azhagiya Manavala Jeeyar Swami could not make it to this mahotsavam due to some health troubles. Hope He does mangalasasanam to perumal atleast sometime in future.

Some of the snaps of the mahotsavam taken from my cam can be found in the following link:

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/srinivasarajan/PratishthaiMahotsavamTerakanambi

I request the Bhagavatas to kindly forgive me for the bad quality and less number of photos. Some of the contributing factors were: low light, restriction on using flash in many places, me not having camera at all times to cover the full event (I also had to do some kaayika kainkaryams at times), etc. But I hope this atleast gives a glimpse of the grandeur of the event to all the Bhagavatas who could not make it to the mahotsavam. Please feel free to leave your valuable comments.

Dasan,

Srinivasa Rajan

Acharya Smaranam...

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Srinivasa Rajan <srinivasarajan wrote:

Dear Bhagavatas,

9th of April (Friday):

11th of April (Sunday):

Dasan,

Srinivasa Rajan