IndiaDivine.org

Greatness of Acharya Swami Nampillai - cont

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

-----------Message from Saraswati Bhandaram--------------------------

Every day Sri Nampillai's kalakshepam was conducted at Srirangam Temple. One day the discourse was over and the assembly was getting dispersed. The Chola king happened to visit the temple at that time. He beheld the huge crowd of Srivaishnavas and exclaimed with wonder – “Namperumal Ghosityo?? Nampillai Ghostiyo?? †meaning "Are these Srivaishnavas returning after listening to Sri Nampillai's Kalakshepam or after attending the festival of Namperumal?"â€. Shows Nampillai's kalakshepam attracted more crowd than Sri Namperumal's fascinating appearance.

There lived at SriRangam during Nampillai's time Sri Mudaliandan's grandson Kandadai Tholappar. Unfortunately, he was seized by jealousy on seeing the popularity of Sri Nampillai. One day, in SriRanganathan sannidhi, as Tholappar was worshipping Him, Sri Pillai also came accompanied by many Srivaishnavas. Sri Tolappar could not brook this sight of grandeur and became crimson in his face. Possessed by anger, he scolded Nampillai by using very harsh and bitter words. Sri Pillai heard this with a trembling frame. He went home silently.

This news reached the ears of Tolappar's wife who was gifted with more wisdom than Tolapar. She became extremely sorry for her husband's misconduct. When Tolappar returned home his wife did not accord the usual warm welcome to him and also did not do any service she used to do every day. Sri Tolappar, struck with wonder asked "Why this strange behavior today??" She replied - "Sri Nampillai is supposed to be the incarnation of Nammazhwar. Further he is the very life of Sri Namperumal. You have abused him unhesitatingly using bitter and cruel words. After that you are not even stricken with remorse for your misconduct. Hence, I have no association with you. It is impossible to stitch the earth that got divided into two parts by an earthquake. It is like how impossible to control the ebbing sea by the construction of a huge and high wall. Similar to all these is

the sin of the Bhaagavatha apachara."

Sri Tolappar was taken aback by the advice of his wife and pondered over the incident as he was an scholar and also a scion of an illustrious family. The confusion that was the result of his jealousy vanished. With a clear mind he told his wife, "All you said is correct. I have committed a great blunder. What shall I do now?" His wife also feeling sad for his condition observed, "If one has lost his property while bathing in a river, he cannot search for the same in a pond. So you have to beg the pardon of Swamy Nampillai who is the very receptacle of mercy and thereby safeguard your interest". He agreed and quickly started to go to Sri Nampillai's place

Meanwhile, Sri Nampillai went to his home after this unfortunate event. Sri Nampillai fasted the whole day and stayed within his house thinking about this.

Sri Tolappar came out of his house intending to go to Sri Nampillai's home. On coming out he saw some one in the verandah covered in white cloth. Tolappar asked, "Who is that?" The reply came “I am Thirukkalikanri Dasarâ€. Tolappar was taken aback. Sri Nampillai with a trembling tone told him, "Swamin! I am a great sinner. I am totally responsible for the mental confusion of your revered self, the grandson of Sri Mudaliyandan and that too in the presence of Namperumal. For such a sinner, (myself) there is no other place to which I can resort except your noble self's feet." Sri Tolappar who came out of his house with a firm resolve to apologize to Sri Nampillai was astonished to see the pathetic condition of Sri Nampillai. He was also moved very much by his words of humility. With overflowing affection, he lifted up Sri Nampillai from the ground and having

embraced him tightly, exclaimed, "So far, I was under the impression that you are an Acharya to some Srivaishnavas at Srirangam. Only today I understood that you have every qualification to be the Acharya of the entire world.†So saying he named him ‘Lokacharyar’. He took him with great respect inside his mansion and along with his wife he entreated him in manifold ways and thus made him highly pleased. From then he became an ardent devotee of Sri Nampillai.

Sri Manavalamamunigal, stresses the importance of this incident using a pasuram in Upadesarathinamaalai -

Thunnu pugazh Kandhadai Thozhappar tham ugappal *

Enna Ulagariyano endru uraika* – Pinnai Ulagariyan

Ennum per Nampillaiku ongi vilakamal

ninrathenum mel.

For such a great acharya, the construction of new sannidhi at is being done at Thiruvallikeni Sri Parthasarathy Thiruvadi varam, by Saraswati Bhandaram Commitee, which also manages the Ramar Temple at Ayodhya. The samprokshanam is fixed on April 26th 2010. For contributing for the noble cause visit http://Vedics.org. Latest photos of the renovation is also posted in the site.

Guest guest

Dear Swamin, Adiyen has a doubt regarding the Chola King's words "Namperumal Goshtiyo Nampillai Goshtiyo". Adiyen has read that in Koil Olugu, it is mentioned that one blind Vannan has named Azhagiya Manavaalan as "Namperumal" After drinking the thirumanjana theertham of Azhagiya manavaalan(i.e., when He returned after Kalaba kalam from Thirumalai). So after Vannan named Perumal as Namperumal, that name got stuck to him. In the time of Swami Nampillai, The name "Namperumal " was not there for Azhagiya manavalan. He was Known as Azhagiya manavalan only. Then how come the King told the name "Nam perumal" during Nampillai's time? Adiyen think this verse "Namperumal Goshtiyo or nampillai Goshtiyo " should had been in presence during Sri Manavaala maamugal's time. Please correct if Adiyen

is wrong.Dasan,Gopalan.Geethacharyan <geethacharyanramanuja ; "mandayamsabha " <mandayamsabha >Cc: mdsrinivas50; rangajanSent: Wed, 31 March, 2010 11:33:14 PM[sri ramanuja] Greatness of Acharya Swami Nampillai - cont

-----------Message from Saraswati Bhandaram--- --------- --------- -----

Every day Sri Nampillai's kalakshepam was conducted at Srirangam Temple. One day the discourse was over and the assembly was getting dispersed. The Chola king happened to visit the temple at that time. He beheld the huge crowd of Srivaishnavas and exclaimed with wonder – “Namperumal Ghosityo?? Nampillai Ghostiyo?? †meaning "Are these Srivaishnavas returning after listening to Sri Nampillai's Kalakshepam or after attending the festival of Namperumal?"â€. Shows Nampillai's kalakshepam attracted more crowd than Sri Namperumal's fascinating appearance.

There lived at SriRangam during Nampillai's time Sri Mudaliandan' s grandson Kandadai Tholappar. Unfortunately, he was seized by jealousy on seeing the popularity of Sri Nampillai. One day, in SriRanganathan sannidhi, as Tholappar was worshipping Him, Sri Pillai also came accompanied by many Srivaishnavas. Sri Tolappar could not brook this sight of grandeur and became crimson in his face. Possessed by anger, he scolded Nampillai by using very harsh and bitter words. Sri Pillai heard this with a trembling frame. He went home silently.

This news reached the ears of Tolappar's wife who was gifted with more wisdom than Tolapar. She became extremely sorry for her husband's misconduct. When Tolappar returned home his wife did not accord the usual warm welcome to him and also did not do any service she used to do every day. Sri Tolappar, struck with wonder asked "Why this strange behavior today??" She replied - "Sri Nampillai is supposed to be the incarnation of Nammazhwar. Further he is the very life of Sri Namperumal. You have abused him unhesitatingly using bitter and cruel words. After that you are not even stricken with remorse for your misconduct. Hence, I have no association with you. It is impossible to stitch the earth that got divided into two parts by an earthquake. It is like how impossible to control the ebbing sea by the construction of a huge and high wall. Similar to all these is

the sin of the Bhaagavatha apachara."

Sri Tolappar was taken aback by the advice of his wife and pondered over the incident as he was an scholar and also a scion of an illustrious family. The confusion that was the result of his jealousy vanished. With a clear mind he told his wife, "All you said is correct. I have committed a great blunder. What shall I do now?" His wife also feeling sad for his condition observed, "If one has lost his property while bathing in a river, he cannot search for the same in a pond. So you have to beg the pardon of Swamy Nampillai who is the very receptacle of mercy and thereby safeguard your interest". He agreed and quickly started to go to Sri Nampillai's place

Meanwhile, Sri Nampillai went to his home after this unfortunate event. Sri Nampillai fasted the whole day and stayed within his house thinking about this.

Sri Tolappar came out of his house intending to go to Sri Nampillai's home. On coming out he saw some one in the verandah covered in white cloth. Tolappar asked, "Who is that?" The reply came “I am Thirukkalikanri Dasarâ€. Tolappar was taken aback. Sri Nampillai with a trembling tone told him, "Swamin! I am a great sinner. I am totally responsible for the mental confusion of your revered self, the grandson of Sri Mudaliyandan and that too in the presence of Namperumal. For such a sinner, (myself) there is no other place to which I can resort except your noble self's feet." Sri Tolappar who came out of his house with a firm resolve to apologize to Sri Nampillai was astonished to see the pathetic condition of Sri Nampillai. He was also moved very much by his words of humility. With overflowing affection, he lifted up Sri Nampillai from the ground and having

embraced him tightly, exclaimed, "So far, I was under the impression that you are an Acharya to some Srivaishnavas at Srirangam. Only today I understood that you have every qualification to be the Acharya of the entire world.†So saying he named him ‘Lokacharyar’. He took him with great respect inside his mansion and along with his wife he entreated him in manifold ways and thus made him highly pleased. From then he became an ardent devotee of Sri Nampillai.

Sri Manavalamamunigal, stresses the importance of this incident using a pasuram in Upadesarathinamaala i -

Thunnu pugazh Kandhadai Thozhappar tham ugappal *

Enna Ulagariyano endru uraika* – Pinnai Ulagariyan

Ennum per Nampillaiku ongi vilakamal

ninrathenum mel.

For such a great acharya, the construction of new sannidhi at is being done at Thiruvallikeni Sri Parthasarathy Thiruvadi varam, by Saraswati Bhandaram Commitee, which also manages the Ramar Temple at Ayodhya. The samprokshanam is fixed on April 26th 2010. For contributing for the noble cause visit http://Vedics. org. Latest photos of the renovation is also posted in the site.

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.