IndiaDivine.org

Contribute to our Earth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Friends,

Have you been thinking of contributing to our Earth? Here is an event we can all join to allow us to make a difference.

We can participate in EARTH HOUR by turning off our lights for one hour from 8 pm to 9 pm (your local time) on March 29th. Sign up at http://www.earthhour.org/

"Earth Hour" is an effort facilitated by an organization known as World Wildlife Fund (WWF); an organization focused on environmental conservation. Earth Hour is a global climate change initiative which calls on individuals and businesses around the world to turn off their lights for one hour on Saturday, March 29, 2008 allowing individual contribution to support a mass scale effort that can help change our planet for the better.

Join millions of people and businesses around the world to make a bold statement about climate change on March 29, from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.!

What do I need to do?

Turn off your lights between 8pm and 9pm on March 29, 2008.

Does this mean I have to turn of everything in my home and use absolutely no electricity?

No. This does not mean you have to turn off your fridge, but we do encourage you to join us by switching off your lights and make a statement, as well as changing your habits in the long term.

What happens if I turn off my lights for one hour?

The goal of this program is to cost-effectively reduce CO2 emissions in your homes. If you turn off all lights and other electrical devices such as televisions and computers for one hour, you will effectively prevent the emission of 1.03 lbs. of CO2 (a greenhouse emission).

What do I do in that one hour without lights?

Have fun. Some fun ideas

· Board game by candle light

· Meditate

· Candle light dinner with organic food

· Scavenger hunt in the house using flash lights

· Shadow puppets. Make ducks, birds and other shadow animals using nothing but your fingers and a flashlight?

· Telling spooky tales

· Use Glow in the dark stuff - pajamas, stickers, or light tubes. Seeing those items radiate that soft blue or yellow in the darkness is always a treat.

· Have a glow in the dark party - http://www.pepperspollywogs.com/blog/index.php/glow-in-the-dark-birthday-party-ideas/

Radha RD