Krishnanubhava - From Smt. Hema Srinath

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Posted by - Smt. Hema Srinath

Srimathe Rangapriya Divya Padukabhyam Namaha

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Krishnanubhava

Krishna is coming….Krishna is coming….

Krishna is coming along with Rukmini and Satyabhama all the way from Srirangam Andavan Ashramam. Garudalwar, Ramanujar and Desikar have decided to bring Krishna to us!

With bated breath, Atlanta devotees waited to receive Krishna. On Saturday, September 1st evening when I went to Janaki and Sampath’s house, it was as if I was in Gokula. Roses and Chrysanthemums were in full bloom. Elaborate kolams were drawn in the driveway. Ladies clad in silk sarees were making flower garlands and thoranams. The many Krishna statues in the house were also anxious to see the new Krishna. Pretty little girls dressed their dolls as Radha and Krishna.

We were excited to know that Krishna is on his way… When a van arrived, the little girls shouted with joy that Krishna was here only to be disappointed to learn that Krishna would be coming in another van. Finally, Krishna arrived….He was received with Purna Kumbham and Arathi. We were stunned to see the beauty of Venugopala and his consorts. It looked as if Garudalwar and our Acharyas were flaunting their Lord with pride.

Witnessing Sayanothsavam was a first time experience for many of us. When all the lights were turned off except for one light that was focused on the deities, the devotees dimmed all other thoughts and focused on the Divya Dampathis. The song, Brindavanathe Kandeere mellifluously sung in Neelambari ragam put the Lord and his parivara to sleep…a very deep calming effect enveloped us. Reluctantly, we left Perumal to go to our houses. There was so much to look forward to the next morning….

Did Krishna want to relive Rukmini Kalyanam or was he in a mood for Satyabhama Kalapam? With these questions, we went to Janaki’s house the next morning. Festive decorations beckoned us. The Bhagavathas started with Suprabhatham and went on to do Thirumanjanam. I wondered who enjoyed it more. Was it Perumal who was experiencing the Thirumanjanam or was it the Bhagavathas who were performing it? Or was it the mute spectators like me watching this spectacle… Pancha Sukthas and Shiksha Valli charged the atmosphere. Divya Prabandham recitations were taking the devotees to a different plane.

After Thirumanjanam, the devotees were anxious to see Perumal’s troop in their new costumes. Alankarasanam stunned the devotees…We were so close to Perumal and even got to do Saamara sevai! We were so fortunate to receive blessings from Purvacharyas’ Padukas as well. To celebrate this great event, prasadham was prepared with fear, love, devotion and affection. The Divya Dampathis must have truly relished the various savories and sweets offered for Bhojyasanam. Once again I wondered if this was Gokula when I saw huge utensils full of curd….

After a packed "wedding-like" event in the morning, Krishna was ready for Dolothsavam in the afternoon. It looked like Krishna wanted to enjoy his afternoon siesta in Sumathi and Bharath’s house. The lilting tone of Siriya Thirumadal and the rocking of the cradle was a divine experience…

Recalling the previous night’s Sayanothsavam, we went to Padmanabhan’s house for another Sayanothsavam. Lo and behold…we had a surprise…Krishna had really rested during Dolothsavam…He was ready for Rasakreeda….Meera Bhajans and Ashtapadis created the atmosphere of Rasakreeda beautifully…Finally, thalattu quietened the exalted state of our emotions…

The next day, in Nitya and Krishnan’s house, Krishna was ready to bless more devotees…Mutthangi Sevai was the highlight of the day.

Sri Ramanuja Mission of Srirangam Srimath Andavan Ashramam Bhagavathas brought Sri Venugopala Archa Moorthy to Atlanta all the way from Washington DC. We will always be grateful to these Bhagavathas for blessing us with this unique experience.

Krishna Nee Begane Baaro…..

(Krishna come quickly….)

Seeking blessings,

Hema Srinath