IndiaDivine.org

[RamanujaMission] Question about Kaisika Ekadasi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

namo narayana

Respected Madam,

The Ahobila Ekadasi Calendar can be used to determine the date of Ekadasi Vrathams anywhere in the world, please visit the following website for determining the ekadasi date at your location

http://www.ahobilamutt.org/us/services/ekadasi/ekadasi01.asp

Sincerely,

Kamlesh

--- On Thu, 10/29/09, Kalyani Rajagopalan <kalyanimksampath wrote:

Kalyani Rajagopalan <kalyanimksampath[RamanujaMission] Question about Kaisika Ekadasiandavan , , desikasampradaya Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 7:04 PM

Dasasya Vikgyapanam !

I live in Chicago, USA (Central Time Zone). I have a question about Kaisika Ekadasi. I see in the Calendar provided by Pomono Temple, NY (Ranganatha Temple) that Kaisika Ekadasi falls on Nov 28th up until 6:28AM only. And for us, in central zone, it will be only there up until 5:28AM on Nov 28th morning. So i have a confusion whether to follow ekadasi on Nov 28th or the previous day. Can anyone pls clarify ? Appreciate your responses on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Kalyani Rajagopalan

Hi,According to the Chicago calendar the fasting for Ekadasi is on Saturday the Nov 28th. Time to break fast the next day is - 06:56 - 07:09 In the calendar I checked for Chicago (www.mypanchang.com) the Sunrise is at 07:00 and sunset at 16:17 on 28th. Ekadasi tithi on that day is until 07:43:48 Chicago time. Thanks,SrinivasKalyani Rajagopalan

<kalyanimksampathandavan ; ; desikasampradaya Sent: Thu, October 29, 2009 4:04:34 PM[RamanujaMission] Question about Kaisika Ekadasi

Dasasya Vikgyapanam !

I live in Chicago, USA (Central Time Zone). I have a question about Kaisika Ekadasi. I see in the Calendar provided by Pomono Temple, NY (Ranganatha Temple) that Kaisika Ekadasi falls on Nov 28th up until 6:28AM only. And for us, in central zone, it will be only there up until 5:28AM on Nov 28th morning. So i have a confusion whether to follow ekadasi on Nov 28th or the previous day. Can anyone pls clarify ? Appreciate your responses on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Kalyani Rajagopalan