> Panchastavam. They are:

>

> Sri Sthavam - 10 slokas [on Sri Ranga nachiyar]

> Sri Vaikunta Sthavam - 100 slokas [on Paramapada Nathan]

> AthimAnusha Sthavam - 61 slokas [on Emperuman]

> Sri Sundara Bahu Sthavam - 132 slokas [on Azhagar]

> Sri Varadaraja Sthavam - 102 slokas [on Hastigiri Varadan]

Dear friends:

You will remember that sometime ago, I started posting on Pancha Sthavams. Due to my being away in India, I could not continue. I will soon be continuing the postings.

I have copies of Pancha Sthavams (with Tamil commentaries by Sri Srivatsankachariar Swami) have been published by Sri Visishtadvaita Pracharini Sabha in 2 volumes in 1986 and 1988. I do not know if they can be got from them now. You may contact the author himself at French Indological Institute, Pondicherry or his son Sri Raghavan at Nanganallur. If you need the addresses and phone numbers, I can provide you the same. You may mention my name. You MAY get a discount on this score! or, if you wish, I can also contact them.

There is another set of books written in Tamil by Sri Kanchi Prathivadi Bhayankaram Annangarachariar Swami published in 1976 and said to be available at Grabthamala Office, Little Kanchipuram 631 503 and Sri V.N. Devanathan 213 Govindappa Naicken Street, Chennai 60 001. I have a xerox copy of Sundara Bahu Sthavam only.

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy

>Srinath Chakravarty

>Praveena & Anand , , bhakti-list >Re: Sri Koorathazhvan >Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:32:48 -0600 > >Dear Smt. Praveena and Sri. Anand: > >Thanks to both of you for a wonderful summary of Swami >KooratthAzhwAn (SrivatsAnka miSrar)'s life. I have also >had the bhAgyam of listening to the two upanyAsam tapes >by Velukkudi Krishnan Swami - every time I do, my eyes >brim with tears... especially the part where Sri. Velukkudi >Krishnan mentions that: > >"vEdham enRa peNNukku -- > >vEdaanta vEdangangaL ellaam aabharaNangaL thaan, >Itihaasa puraaNa SaaStramellAm aabharaNangaL thaan, >AzhwAr aruLiccheydha divya prabandham ellAm AbharaNangaL thAn, >AchAryaLudaya vyAkhyAna stOtrangaLellAm AbharaNangaL thAn, >---- >aanaal, vEdham enRa sthreenudaya kazhutthukku kattuva >thirumAngalya AbharaNam vandhu -- > >swaami kooratthAzhwAn udaya Sri sookthigaL than !!!" > >Sorry if the above rendering is not accurate; I am just writing >from memory. I will appreciate it very much if you can help >me locate the TEXT of these panchastavams either in >Sanskrit font (preferably) or in Tamil. If not, I will be most >willing to reimburse costs to anyone who can mail me a copy >to my home address: > >530 Buckingham Rd. # 1126 >Richardson TX 75081 U.S.A. > >Truly, >-Srinath C. > >Praveena & Anand wrote: > > > Sri Koorathazhvan's works: > > > > Sri Koorathazhvan brought out 5 works - popularly known as > > Panchastavam. They are: > > > > Sri Sthavam - 10 slokas [on Sri Ranga nachiyar] > > Sri Vaikunta Sthavam - 100 slokas [on Paramapada Nathan] > > AthimAnusha Sthavam - 61 slokas [on Emperuman] > > Sri Sundara Bahu Sthavam - 132 slokas [on Azhagar] > > Sri Varadaraja Sthavam - 102 slokas [on Hastigiri Varadan] > > >Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka >Srivan Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama: > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com