IndiaDivine.org

Ramanuja' Tv serial

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear members

I am reposting my correspondence with Shri Sadagopan for your information and advice.

Thanks

Adeyen Ramanuja Dasan

nanganallur Venkatesh

Dear Shri sadagopan Swamy>Recent episodes shown in the National Tv in India ( tamil Broacast) under>the title Ramanuja tries to potray the Dharma Pathni of our Achraya in poor>light.I had heard this before and chose to ignore it as I can never belive>that a person who would be so close to our Achraya could possibly have the>qualities that are attributed.>It pains me when the same is broadcast perhaps to make a point that our>Achraya traeted everyone equally. I think this can be done without dragging>His family (which I still beleive is grossly distorted).>Do we object to it or do we simply ignore? Can we ignore when someone is>trying to distort facts howvere noble the ends may be .>>Your valuable advice please>>adeyen>ramanuja dasan>nanaganallur venkatesh

Dear Sriman Venkatesh:Thanks very much for your note andbriefing.You are right. One should object.Whoever who wrote it must have the agenda itemsof scoring some political points based on genderismor slandering the sampradhAyam to show how heartlessAcharya RaamAnujA was or how hypocritical he was in the treatment of his dharma pathni. .The situation is more complex. The best thing that the writers/producers would have done is to treat it carefully or stay away.The people in India and those who can reach outfrom outside should register their displeasure .My handicap is that I do not know the detailsas to how AchArya RaamAnujA is portrayed in thisseries.Best wishes,V.Sadagopan