IndiaDivine.org

Info Required: Verse from Svetasvataropanishad.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SrI

Srimathe rAmAnujAya namaha

Dear Members,

I would like to know the purpot of a particular verse which i came across quite recently. It seemingly implies a "projectory"/"illusory" or a image nature of the universe. Is creation just defined as a sport or a projection? If so, how is the universe rationalised into representing the Achit which is permanent? I would seek clarification from members regarding the same.

"Kim-kAranam brahman" - "What is the cause of the universe, - is it the brahman?"

"te jnAnayOgAnugata apashyan

devAtma-shaktim svagunaiirnirgudam"

I am aware that Adi Shankar explains the verse in his Sutra Bhasyam as "Brahman using his own atma shakti in PROJECTION of the universe"? How ever this seems to be at odds to the pradhana pratitantram of visisthadvaitam(atleast as per my understanding - please do correct me if i am wrong in this regard). Only, Adi Shankara's explanation seem to follow the shruthi quite closely.

I am not familiar with any Sri Sookthis explaining the cause of creation from the point of visisthadvaitam. Hence seek some clarification regarding the same.

Regards,

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,

Malolan Cadambi