IndiaDivine.org

Response to My Urgent Request

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello All,

I was in such a confused state yesterday with 2 priorities in my mind. 1. Is to do the seemantham in traditional way 2. Is to do it @ home. With all my efforts of trying to bring one here lost, I mailed the forums as a last resort. But the response was actually OVERWHELMING. I did receive lot of emails personally, phone calls and suggestions. Thanx to all. After doing some back and forth calling, I managed to fix Shri. Saranathan today. I had booked the tickets for him to come on 19th and leave on the 20th. After doing some research I got a flight for 380$ . I also tried Shri. Raman from Phoneix, But the flights are way too costly.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for sending emails/Voicemails. I did not expect to receive this kind of respone. This list is great. This has lot of learned people, scholars, Vedic experts from all walks of life. A person who wants to learn about vedas/sustras can find it here.

I hope with Perumal Anugraham and with all your blessings the function should go on smooth and neat.

Thanx everyone

AdiyEn

Srikanth Valuthur

Respected Ramanuja Bhaktas,

I am so happy to see the kind note that we have just received from

Sri Srikanth, and would like to express my thanks to all of you who

immediately responded to his request for information regarding

priests.

The goals of the International Ramanuja Society are intended to

ensure that Bhagavad Sri Ramanuja Darshanam is open and accessible to

everyone. Sri Ramanuja's Vision is much more than his profound

philosophical and humanitarian teachings. It is also the expression

of these very ideas in the rich cultural and religious traditions of

our SriVaishnava heritage.

One such tradition is the seemantham, a Vedic " baby shower " , if you

will, in which the mother-to-be is presented with fine clothes,

gifts, and traditional foods, to the accompaniment of beautiful

chants that offer prayers and blessings for her welfare and the

welfare of the baby.

On behalf of all of the members and supporters of the Society, I

would like to wish Sri Srikanth and his wife congratulations and best

wishes on this blessed occasion.

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan

Mohan

Thanx Shri Mohan for the wishes. I definitely needed it for things to go smooth, Particularly after the way things are going for me in the last 2 months.

AdiyEn

Srikanth

mohan_r_sagar [mohan_r_sagar]Friday, December 07, 2001 2:45 PM Subject: Re: Response to My Urgent RequestRespected Ramanuja Bhaktas,I am so happy to see the kind note that we have just received from Sri Srikanth, and would like to express my thanks to all of you who immediately responded to his request for information regarding priests.The goals of the International Ramanuja Society are intended to ensure that Bhagavad Sri Ramanuja Darshanam is open and accessible to everyone. Sri Ramanuja's Vision is much more than his profound philosophical and humanitarian teachings. It is also the expression of these very ideas in the rich cultural and religious traditions of our SriVaishnava heritage.One such tradition is the seemantham, a Vedic "baby shower", if you will, in which the mother-to-be is presented with fine clothes, gifts, and traditional foods, to the accompaniment of beautiful chants that offer prayers and blessings for her welfare and the welfare of the baby.On behalf of all of the members and supporters of the Society, I would like to wish Sri Srikanth and his wife congratulations and best wishes on this blessed occasion.adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsanMohan-----------------srirangarAja charaNAmbhuja rAja hamsamsrimad parAnkusa padhAmbhuja brungarAjam|sri bhattanAtha parakAla mukhAbhja mitramsrivatsachihnna saranam yathirAjameedE||I pay homage to Sri Ramanuja, the swan who has chosen the Lotus Feet of Sri Ranganatha as his refuge;who is collecting the pollen and nectar from the flower-like feet of Parankusa (NammAzhwAr); who brightens like the sun the faces of Bhattanatha (PeriAzhwAr) and Parakala (Thirumangai AzhwAr), andwho is the refuge of Kuresa!