IndiaDivine.org

bhOgyAmrutam - bhUta bhAvanaha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Happy Vijaya Dashami to all...Its a nice coincidence that this nAma explains about the victorious Lord SriRama...who defeated the might Ravana on this same day..

bhUta bhAvanaha (star-aSwini)

bhUtAni bhAvayati iti = The one who nourishes all the bhUtAs.

The one who becomes the dhAraka, pOSaka & bhOgyam (protection, nourishment and enjoyment) to all the beings (bhUtAs) which comprise His divine form and causes their vruddhi (betterment).

pASuram : periya tirumozhi - 6-10-6 (Tirumangai ALwAr tiruvaDigaLE SaraNam)

samanvayam : The only means of nourishment and sustainance for all the monkeys and bears who accompanied Lord SriRamachandra to the war, was the thought that 'they existed only to be useful to their SriRama'. On the other hand, the rAkShasAs who ate and drank a lot before the war were defeated. Lord SriRamachandra became the dhAraka, pOSaka and bhOgyam to all the vAnarAs and gave them the power to win against their mighty and well fed opponents. Who else other than that Lord SriRama deserves the nAma - bhUta bhAvana?.

pASuram :

kAna eNgum kurangum muSuvum paDaiyA

In the forest along with the army of monkeys and bears

aDal arakkar | mAna mazhittu ninra

(The Lord) who demolished the haughtiness of the mighty demons

penriyammAn yenakkenrum | tEnum pAlum amutamAya

The victorious Lord, who to me is always sweet as honey, milk & nectar

tirumAl tirunAmam nAnum SonnEn

I shall say the tirunAmam of that Sriyah pati

namarum uraimin namO nArAyaNamE

Dear devotees, repeat with me - 'namO nArAyaNAya'.

Detailed meaning :

1) The Lord who vanquished the haughtiness of the mighty demons along with the army of monkeys and bears :

The monkeys, bears etc which lived happily with whatever raw food they got in the forest, went with Lord SriRamachandra to the battle field of Lanka. There, they defeated the well fed mighty demons. The demons of Lanka were powerful with the good food and drinks that they had till then. What was the cause of their defeat?.

What gave the monkeys, so much power to wipe out these demons?. It is just the thought that - 'We exist wholly and solely for our SriRama'. This feeling sustained them and gave them the will and power through out. Lord SriRama nourished them, gave them immense energy and took care of them through out the war.

Thus the nAma bhUta bhAvana fits aptly only to that Lord.

2) The victorious Lord :

He is the ever victorious one and He unfailingly gives victory to those who live for Him.

3) He is always sweet as Honey, milk and nectar to me :

He is the Sriyah pati. He protects all those who surrender to Him in the same way as He protected our sItA mAta from the clutches of the evil Ravana. He becomes the sweet honey & milk which give immense joy to them and also the nectar which gives immortality to them. Those, who whole heartedly surrender to Him are elevated to unimaginable heights of glory.

Through this supreme quality, He gets the nAma - bhUta bhAvana.

Is this betterment only given to those who surrender to Him?. What about others?

Yes, its only to those who surrender to Him lovingly and live for Him. They are the ones who really exist and are the real beings. Their betterment results in the betterment of the entire world. People who misuse the oppurtunity and resources given by the Lord are not fit for His protection. They can only cause harm to their fellow beings.

4) O devotees - repeat with me, the tirunAmam of that Sriyah pati - as 'Om namO nArAyaNAya'.

Is there a nAma which is more powerful and efficacious than the tirunAmam of that Sriyah pati?. So, I am saying it. All, my people, you also repeat it along with me. Say,

namaha - I donot exist for my own sake.

nArAyaNAya - (I exist) only for SrIman nArAyaNa.

ayana - True relative/support

nArAyaNA - The one who is the true relative/support, means & goal to all the beings (all of us). We should live for and serve such great Lord, isn't it?. This thought is the only means for our betterment. That Lord will take care of us, nourish us and protect us continuously to the core. Because, that Lord is the Sriyah pati, SrIman nArAyaNa.

He is the unfailing, ever victorious, ever compassionate supreme Lord SriRamachandra. He is the one and only bhUta bhAvana.

Jai Sriman Narayana

Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos, more

faith.