IndiaDivine.org

bhOgyAmrutam - paramAtmA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

paramAtmA(star-aSwini) = parah mA asya iti = paramaSca aSau AtmA ca = The one who has no soul above Him (The highest one).

pASuram : periya tirumozhi - 2-10-7 (Tirumangai ALwAr tiruvaDigaLE SaraNam)

samanvayam with pASuram : If I realize the numerous efforts undertaken by my Lord to protect me and if I can see the reason behind these (the immense love that He has towards me), it will be clear that Only He is the paramAtmA and I am just the Atma.

pASuram :

irumkaimmA kari munindu pariyaikkIriThe Lord who destroyed the rutted elephant, ripped open the jaws of the horse

yinavaDikaL yezhaDartu marudam SAyattuKilled the seven bulls, uprooted the marudu trees

varum SagaDam iravudaittu mallaiyaTTubroke the approaching cart (SakatAsurA), conquered the wrestlers

vangai Sei kanjnanukku najnAnAnaiThe one who became poison to the wicked kamsA

karum kamukku paSum pALaiveN muttInru(where) the dark trees and lush green leaves exhibit white pearls

kAyellAm maragatamAyappa vaLamkATTawhere all the fruits are given out in fully ripened red colour

Serundi migamoTTalartum tEn koLSOlaiThe nectared gardens where the Serundi trees give out endless beautiful buds

ttirukkOvalUra tanuL kaNDEn nAnEI have seen Him at the beautiful divya dESham of TirukkOvalUr

Detailed interpretation :

1) The Lord who destroyed the rutted elephant : Killing of the elephant kuvalayApIDam signifies the great help you did to me by destroying my false ego and pride.

2) Ripped open the jaws of the horse : This act signifies you ripping apart the firm belief in me, about the non-existence of you and your kaLyANa guNAs.

3) Killed the seven bulls : You have accepted me by killing the seven causes for my seperation from you. This is the mahOpakAram (greatest help) that you did to me. (like you did to our nILA pirAtti).

What are those seven causes for our seperation, which you destroyed :

3.1) Barriers due to caste, creed, gOthram etc : You can easily break them and accept us, for we are all equal to you. If we cannot approach you due to these barriers (like in the case of Sri TiruppANALwAr) or shy away from you (Like Sri NammALwAr), you break all these and pull us totally towards you.

3.2) Bad horoscopes : These result due to the bad star in which we were born. This is decided by the time of our birth. This time is inturn decided by our past bad karma. You discard such bad horoscopes (blast off all of the past karma) and accept us.

3.3) Me not matching your status : None of us can match you in any field. But these are no obstruction to you. You accept us and elevate us.

3.4) Me not liking you : If I am against you and run away from you, you keep following me. From time to time, you try to attract my attention by displaying your kaLyANa guNAs. You wait, wait and wait till I turn towards you and accept me finally. You never give up in your efforts to make me yours.

3.5) Me, not able to give you dowry : You seek devotion and love from us. You are always in search of a great devotee and you are eager to reside in such a devotee's heart. But, I can never be so devoted to you. So, you accept me by granting such a devotion to you.

3.6) Blame & bad remarks about me : You are so much in love with me, that you completely discard bad remarks about me.

3.7) Bad qualities in me : Say, you have accepted me by discarding my horoscope (my past bad karma). But still the karma vAsanAs in me will continue to make me act in a manner not likeable to you. You even destroy these hEya guNAs and make me totally bhOgyam to you.

(To be continued...) Jai Sriman Narayana

Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site