IndiaDivine.org

bhOgyAmrutam - muktAnAm paramAgatihi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

muktAnAm paramAgatihi(star-aSwini)

= The highest seekable one (highest goal/parama gati) for the muktAs

pASuram : periya tirumozhi - 2-3-6 (Tirumangai ALwAr tiruvaDigaLE SaraNam)

samanvayam with pASuram : Those who have attained release from the mundane attachments are the muktAs. That Lord, Sri Krishna is the supreme goal for such great ones.

pASuram :

andakan Siruvan araSar tam araSarku iLayavan |The blind (DhritarAShtrA's son); king of kings (duryOdhanA) and his brother (duShyAsanA)

aNiyizhaiyaiccenru | yendamakku urimai Seyyanna ttariyAtuwent to the nicely jewelled Draupadi | and asked her to serve them, unable to bear this

yemberumAn aruLenna |(She prayed), "O Lord, protect me" |

Sendamal kuzhalAL alakkaN nUtruvardam | peNDirumaiti nUlizhaippaThen That Lord took away the grief of the dark tressed Draupadi and cast it upon the wives of the 100 brothers and made them loose their marriage threads

indiran Siruvan tEr munrinrAnai | tiruvaLLikkENi kkaNDEnEHe drove IndrA's son, ArjunA's chariot | I have seen Him in TiruvaLLikkENi

Detailed Interpretation with the pASuram :

1) The blind DhritarAShtrA's son : The increase in tamOguNa.

2) The brother (dushyAsana) of the king of kings (duryOdhana) : The supporter of rajOguNa.

3) Went to the nicely decorated Draupadi : Went to Draupadi, who was nicely decorated with sattva guNa.

4) She was unable to bear their command to serve them :

She was destined to serve only Lord SrIman NarAyaNa. Such a divine soul was being dragged by the foolish ones (duryOdhana and duShyAsana), who commanded her to serve them.

Seeing the inability of her relatives (SarIra bandhUs) in helping her and realizing that only Lord SrIman NarAyaNa is the true protector and pati of everyone....

5) She prayed for His mercy : "O Lord, your possession is being taken away from you and is being overpowered by these foolish demons. You are my true owner and protector and Only you can save me. You have given me a heart which can feel the pain and a tongue which can pray for your grace. So, I am taking your name aloud. Kindly show mercy upon me. I cannot give you anything in return. Kindly protect me".

Draupadi attained the state of a muktAtmA here. She had realized that all her bodily relatives viz husbands, grand father, father in law, friends, knowledgeable ones, elders etc are of no use in protecting her. The Lord Himself scripted this situation as it were, to bestow this state upon Draupadi. He became the sole seekable one to Draupadi, who was now free from all the shackles of bodily attachments. He didn't let go His devotee's ardent cry.

Really, He is the only seekable one to all muktAs (muktAnAm paramAgatihi) and He is their only protector

7) (paramAgati) He took away the grief of Draupadi and gave it to the wives of the 100 kauravAs and made them loose their marriage threads :

The Lord wipes out the grief of the muktAtmAs and distributes it among the ones (and their relatives) who caused such a grief. The wives of those 100 were totally sorrow striken. This is the state (gati) attained by those who seek protection from mere souls like them. On the other hand, those who seek the supreme Lord as their only protector; those muktAtmAs attain Him.

8) The one who drove the chariot of Arjuna (IndrA's son) : Not only does He protect the muktAtmAs, but He also protects, guides and elevates those who are related to such great souls. Arjuna, being related to Draupadi got the gItOpadESam from the Lord and was protected by the Lord.

If you want to see such a supremely seekable one (paramAgati)...

9) I have seen that Lord at TiruvaLLikkENi : I have seen that supreme Lord who is the 'muktAnAm paramAgatihi' here at TiruvaLLikkENi. You also do come without fail and see Him here.

Jai Sriman Narayana

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now