IndiaDivine.org

bhOgyAmrutam - akSharaha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

akSharaha = na kSharatIti akSharaha = The one who has no decrease = The one whose kaLyANa guNAs find no decrease even after being the sources of perpetual joy to all His seekers.

pASuram : Tiruviruttam - 91 (NammALwAr tiruvaDigaLE SaraNam)

samanvayam with pASuram : When He swallowed all of these worlds in a split of a second, His form was no different from the one that He had while stealing the butter. There was no change in that little divya mangaLa vigraham. There was no reduction to His kaLyANa guNAS both when He was a manikin and the all encompassing Trivikrama. He remains the same Sovereign one in all times and at all places. He is the one who is called 'akShara'.

pASuram :Surungu uriveNNey | toDu puNDakaLvanai |The little thief who stole butter from the pots

vaiga murTrum | orunguravuNDa peruvayirTrALanaiThe one who swallowed all the worlds into His big belly

mAvalimATTu irunguraLAki iSaiya Or mUvaDivENDi ccenraWho went to Bali as a manikin for a land worth 3 matchless steps ( & tricked him).

perungiriyAnai yallAl | aDiyEn nengum pENaladE|That great deft one alone is my heart's desire.

Detailed Interpretation : 1) The little thief who stole the butter & swallowed all of these worlds at once into His belly : Well, when He swallowed all of these worlds, He was the same little one as He was when He stole the butter from the rope-shelves. There was no change in is tiny divya mangaLa vigraham. Why did He steal butter from the gOpIs?...Its because they were devoid of the thought of surrendering the fruits of their actions to Him (sarvam SrI KriShNArpaNamastu). By stealing the butter, He filled that big void and blessed them with the rAsakrIDa mahOtsavam. Stealing the butter was just a pretext for showering His love on them. The gOpIs didn't give Him such a chance & He had to create one Himself. He didn't bother about all the chiding & mistreatment that He received in the process. His love for them was never lessened. For He is the akShara - whose love for us never knows any kind of reduction. Its always on the rise. He keeps giving us many opputunities to realize Him. But when we misuse them and continue with our complicities & as our sins keep piling up, He decides to give it all a break and start all over again. And then He swallows all these worlds & preserves them with extreme care. The reason behind this act also, is His ever-lasting love for us. It is not lessened even on seeing the countless blemishes on our part. For, He is the akShara. He keeps creating again and again with the hope that we will recognize Him one day or the other; in one life or another.

2) The skillful one who went to Bali as a manikin and tricked Him : He went to Bali due to His love for Indra & the dEvatAs who had sought refuge in Him. He became "Trivikrama" for the sake of all of us who are totally ignorant and are thus incapable in reaching out to Him. Through His SrIpAdams He measured all these worlds and bestowed the warmth of His affection on all of us. His love for us was the same even when He donned the gigantic Trivikrama form. Whom else should we call 'akShara'?

3) He alone is my heart's desire : My heart is seeking Him & only Him. I cannot even think of any other God or any other theory. For I had recognized His overflowing love towards me. To create a similar love in my heart, He adorns all His kaLyANa guNAs in their totallity. They are the sole source of my joy and sustenance and know no decrease. They keep increasing as I experience them more and more. And so does my longing for that supreme Lord - The akShara.

4) akShara "eva ca" - The nAmAs "kShEtrajnaha" and "akSharaha" can be taken to imply the jIvAtma. For even the jIvAtma can be considered as a kShEtrajna and is also akShara. But... Let us see How "eva ca" can be taken in this context. Till now we have talked about that Supreme Lord SrIman NArayaNa as the kShEtrajna and the akShara. He is the one referred to by the word "tat" in the famous Sruti vAkya - "tat tvam asi". "eva ca" ( "also only" ) - indicates that the paramAtma reffered to by the word "tvam" in "tat tvam asi" also is the only kShEtrajna and akShara. It means that one need not stop at the level of jIvAtma and consider Him as akShara and kShEtrajna. One has to go to the paramAtma who is the indweller of all jIvAs (tvam in tat tvam asi) and refer Him as the one and only "akShara" and "kShEtrajna".

Jai Sriman Narayana

Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now