IndiaDivine.org

bhOgyAmrutam - 27 - Sivaha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sivaha (star-aSwini) = SauratE tE asmin iti = The one who confers auspiciousness.

pASuram : TiruvAimozhi 6-3-1 (NammALwAr tiruvaDigaLE SaraNam)

samanvayam : Both poverty and affluence are related to the almighty Lord. He is poor in the sense that He is totally devoid of all the hEya guNAs. And ofcourse He is the prince when it comes to all the kaLyANa guNAs. The difference is totally in the way we see Him and His creation. Everything in this world will look favourable to us, the day we start loving Him. These differences are mainly because of not being able to see Him in everything. His actual form is just - "Sivatvam". He is full of auspiciousness and only auspiciousness. He is called - "Sivaha".

Treating something as unfavourable / undesirable is merely an illusion. A dearth of proper insight is the cause for it. When we are blessed with proper knowledge by an AchArya, everything starts appearing favourable to us, as everything / everyone is part and parcel of the supremely auspicious Supreme Lord.

pASuram : nal kuravum Selvum narakum SuvarkkamumAiHe is the poverty, affluence, heaven and hell

vel pakayum naTpum viDamum amutamumAiHe appears as the bitter feud, as friendship, poison and as nectar

pal vakaiyum paranda perumAn yennai ALwAnaiHe is spread in different ways and rules me as my master

Selvam malku kuDi tiruvinnakar kaNDEnE

I have seen Him with the affluent people of TiruviNNagar.

Detailed Interpretation :

1) As poverty : He is totally devoid of all the hEya guNAs and so is depleted with respect to them.

2) As affluence : He is "The" affluent one with respect to all the kaLyANa guNAs.

3) As the hell : He is hell, if He choses to stay away from me.

4) As the heaven : He is heaven, if He is near me.

5) As the bitter feud : When my Krishna ignores me and speaks sweetwords with other girls, I feel like kicking Him and them together.

6) As a friend : When He speaks to me as my chum, I feel like talking to Him forever and ever. Time looses its significance, when He is with me.

7) As poison : Seperation from Him is poison. It troubles me a lot.

8) As nectar : He is ambrosia when He is united with me. There is no limit to the happiness that is His company. There are no boundaries of satiation associated with it.

9) He is spread in different forms : By displaying His auspicious qualities again and again, He has created mad love towards Him in me. In reality all His qualities are totally auspicious and are sources of the highest prosperity. That is why our Lord is called as - "Sivaha". Though the sun has an auspicious form of resplendence (tEjas), he gives different experiences when he is close to us and when he is far away from us. In the same way, though our Lord is "Siva", the experience varies based on the level of proximity we have with Him. When He is with us, its unlimited joy. When we are seperated from Him - its unbearable pain. Taking another example, its just like the case of a girl and her lover boy. Seperation from him causes her pain and anxiety. Being with him gives her joy. There is no change in the lover boy in both situations, though. Similar is the case with our Lord. There is no change in Him. He is full of only auspiciousnes. In reality, our Krishna is always the bestower of unlimited prosperity. So our Krishna gets the name - "Sivaha".

10) My master, my Lord : When I was sIta, He was my Rama. When I became Radha, He became my Krishna. He was my master in all ages and at all times.

11) I have seen Him with the affluent people of TiruviNNagar : Tiruvinnagar is full of affluent people. He is full of opulence and bestows it fully on all His people. Thats why He is known as - "Sivaha". I have served my Lord here in TiruviNNagar. Serving that Lord gives endless joy to the eyes, mind, body and soul. Its happiness unlimited and unconfined.

Jai Sriman Narayana

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.