IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: padithadhai-ch-cholgirEn (Vishnu sahasra nama)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Note: forwarded message attached.

Honganour Srinivasarangachar Krishna

E-Mail: hokrishna

Personals Single? There's someone we'd like you to meet. Lots of someones, actually. Try Personals

Sri: I am impressed by the meanings of Ranga by Sadagopan mama. Other meaning of Ranga is Colours and Ranganatha means Lord of hues( Colours). Adiyen Krishna Ramanuja Dasansgopan <sgopan wrote: - "jayasartn" <jayasree_saranathan"sgopan" <sgopanSunday, November 27, 2005 1:17 PMRe: padithadhai-ch-cholgirEn (Vishnu sahasra nama)>SrI:>Respected Sri swamin,>Your mail is an enriching experience and the description leaves no>doubt about Rama's vaasam in Arangan and Arangan's leela at this>stage. But still I am not clear whether this name Ranga which seems>to be a sanskrit one, means Lord of this arangam /

leelas in the> arangam. May I know the exact meaning of Rangan?>Regards,>jayasree.SrI:Dear Srimathy SaranAthan:Thanks for your note . I will focus on the Ranga Tathtvam .The Sanskrit word , "Rangam " ( an arena , an ampitheater ) gotadopted in to Tamil word "arangam " . The Master of that stageis then RanganAthan (AranganAthan) or Rangan in short .Ranga in Sanskrit also means the audience . In my earliermail , I mentioned about RasAnubhavam between the actor( the Lord) and the audience ( ChEthanams) and the effect .The saying : " Rangasya darsayithvA nivarthathE narthakeeyathA nruthyAth " We are all the aspiring Narthaskeesyearning for the rasAnubhavam of the union with the Pursushan(Sarva Sesahi). Our silly dances come to an end after seeingthis cosmic dance of the Parama Purushan .Just as Hasthi Giri and Hasthi GirIsan( Thirumalai and MalayappaSwamy as well in

DayA Sathakam ) are synanymous , the Rangamand RanganAthan go together .Commentators of Sri VaradarAjaSthavam of KurEsar and DayA Sathakam of Swamy Desikan havecommented on this intricate relationship between the stage andthe actor pn that stage . AzhwAr's anubhavam about ThirumAlirumchOlai and ThiruvEnkadam fit into this category .The next line of the slOkam quoted above is : " Purushasya TathAsthAnamprakAsya vinivarthatE PrakruthE : " . That is the effect of seeingthe dance of the Lord on His Ranga BhUmi. Prakruthi sambhandham iseliminated thru the experiencing of this dance of the actor atthe Ranga BhUmi. It is difficult to seperate the Rangam andthe Master of that Ranga BhUmi , Sri RanganAthan , the RangaAvathArakan ( the actor on the stage) . At this Ranga PeeDam ,the place of dance , He reigns supreme . At this Ranga BhUmi , He dancesHis cosmic dance facing South towards Sri VilliputthUr andLanka Raajyam of

VibhishaNan . At His Ranga MaNTapam ,RanganAthan is the Ranga Vasthu and teaches us Ranga VidhyA ,the dance of the Jeevans cherographed by the PraTamAchAryan .No wonder every one has flocked around this Ranga SaalAto gain liberation from the cycles of births and deaths.He is the Pathior Naathan of SuddhAntha Naarees ( us , His anthapuratthu PeNNmaNikaL) ." Antha: purEshu saleelam RangEswara: Sancharathy " enjoyingHis bhOgam in His LeelA VIbhUthi . yEthath kaalEshu , bhakthi namra:prapannA: ThvAm anvapasyan aanandha avasTAm vahathE ( During thesetimes of enjoying Your dancing , the PrapannAs with heads bent down with Bhakthiexperience You in a state of bliss) . At those times , He is NaarayaNarishi and we are NarAs recieving upadEsam from Him .That Rangam is constituted by the sand dunes in the island made ofCauvery ( Tadheeyam puNyam PuLinam iyam KavEra tanayA krutham).There He has His dance on

the Rangam as RanganAthan . Here withthe golden hues of His Thiruvadi , RanganAthan makes the river Cauveryfilled as it were with golden lotus blossoms ( Hema sindhum aathmeeyakaanchana ruchA hemAravindha bharithAmiva vidhathe ).The fragranceof the VedAs emanate from that stage (Surabhi nigama gandhA asminRangE asthi) . Here the dancer Azhagiya MaNavALan is united withSriranganAyaki during His dances and are celebrated by the PrapannAs( Soumya- jaamAthru yukthAm Sriyamiva MahaneeyAm ThvAm prapannA:upacharathy ). RnaganAthA ! Your sanchArams on that stage are likethe gait of the elephant in rut moving around the foothills of MeruParvatham ( sanchAraNeeyaam sura SikhariNa: mEkhalAyAm tasTushAmattha-dhvirapathinA sameekshyaam saamyakashyAm dhatthE ).Below this Rangam , AadhisEshan longs for Your Paadha Sparsam andtherfore holds the Rangam on his thousand heads ( SEshAthmanA nijayaaMoorthyaiva Ranga BhUmim /

Vasumatheem dhathsE ) .One gets carried away by the thoughts about Rangam and the dance that takesplace at this Ranga Bhumi for our benefit . Being afraid of this note getting evenlonger I will stop here . The Sanskrit Quptations are from Swamy Desikan'sSri RanganAtha PaadhukA Sahasram .NamO Sri RanganAthAya ,V.Sadagopan

Honganour Srinivasarangachar Krishna

E-Mail: hokrishna

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.