IndiaDivine.org

Lets join hands.......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A very honorable request - but can u pls. desist (atleast in public forums) from saying '...people from our sapradhayam namely thengalai' - so what if i am a vadagalai and want to be a part - i know a good half a dozen non iyengars who chant prabandhams better than iyengars of any 'sampradhayams' - so can i not refer them to you? - in my locality it was iyers who used to chant thiruppavai early in the morning in public during margazhi month - while the iyengar gentries were busy sleeping While i do not want to stir up a controversy here, bagavadh kaingaryam is best done by whoever is interested - irrespective of 'sampradhayams' - please do not use discriminatory terms atleast in public forums thanx Ramjiperfectsri <perfectsri wrote: Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha Sri Varavara munaye Namaha Good day friends!!!! This is srivatsan from Chennai. I reside in a prime locality known for brahmins namely West Mambalam. In the locality i live and in nearby localities i have plenty of temples that are in a very pathetic state. They are poorly maintained and there are very few people to chant prabandham. As a result, saatrumurai is not a daily routine for these temples. I would like some people in the nearby locality from our sampradhayam namely thengalai to give a helpin hand to lift these temples and fulfill the dreams of our dearest aacharyan Sri Ramanujan. Please feel free to mail me @ perfectsri . Those who would wish to serve the lord do not hesitate... Thanking

you....... Alwar, emberumanar, jeeyar thiruvadigale saranam. Adiyen Srivatsa dasan

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

I agree. Nowadays people apply only sticker pottu! I don't blame them because the kumkumcreates allergy with some. As long as you have His mark on your mind it doesnot matter how you mark your forehead.External paraphernalia is to creata the attitude of bhakthi so that the Lord will make your heart His aboad. Once He has come in the these outward marks are like the kolam we put on our doorstep to denote auspiciousness.True vaishnava is one who has ahimsa,satya, TOLERANCE, bhoothadaya etc. One of the five yajnas namely, Brahmayajna, devayajna, manushya yajna, pitryajnaand bhootha yajna, is manushya yajna , service to mankind treating all as same, and in Bhagavata the Lord says that if you do not respect and treat all human beings equally ther is no use doing puja to Him and He actually gets angry with yiour worship.So no dogmas or bigotry is allowed for a vaishnava as laid out clearly in the favourite song of Gandhiji , ' vaishnavajan tho the ne kahiye,' by Nrasi

MehSaroja RamanujamVishnu <vsmvishnu wrote: I have one more observation. Many our people are applying kunkum horizontally on their foreheads nowadays. When that is the trend, should we really bother about TK thirumann, VK thirumann, yellow srichurnam, red srichurnam etc.? dasan vishnuRamji Govindarajan <ramji_iyengar wrote: in my locality it was iyers who used to chant thiruppavai early in the morning in public during margazhi month - while the iyengar gentries were busy sleeping Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice. New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.