IndiaDivine.org

An Appeal.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sri Sastryji,

Everyone thinks that his part is nothing and it is a blessing of the Lord and his/her guru.ji That is absolutely fine.

But you have never so far bothered to enter into a healthy discussion when others questioned youir points of view and motives..

Also, you have gone to the extent of misinterpreting a simple word like "gavAm pathi" as nandI, which obviously is from the standpoint of a particular tradition. I dont know how it was inherited in the epic Ramayana. That could be just your opinion, which we respect but you need to reserve yours or at least care to respond to others when they object.

Thanks and regards

Vishnu

Dr.B.G.Y Sastry <drbgysastry Sent: Sunday, 9 March, 2008 11:09:37 AM An Appeal.

Dear friends,

Bhakti is eternal.

With due respects to Sri Mohan the Moderator, brothers Sarvasri Vishnu and S S Charyulu and every individual in this Society, I would like to bring some facts to your notice.

I have today completed Samkshiptaparayana of Sundarakanda in simple English format. In this small work, my part is nothing. It is HE who guided and my Guru blessed. The entire work has taken about two months to me to collect, compile, translate and transcribe etc. Daily, before commencing the work I used to perform puja and pray Sreemannarayana every moment. I had already given some details in my preface. My object is only Ramayana whose story is of Rama, the main incarnation of Lord Vishnu.

You will appreciate, all our Legends, Puranas and Itihasas are age old, if compared to the Traditions that are developed later. It is therefore natural that all the traditions are inherited in those epics.

While speaking on the oldest kavya, the traditions would not have been taken into consideration and therefore it appears to be not correct to those who follow a particular tradition.

It is therefore my sincere appeal to every one, to ignore any thing against the rituals of Sampradayam of Visistadvaita and to take the outer essence only and accept my humble appeal that there is nothing to hijack from a noble tradition except Bhakti.

I once again reiterate that there is not even an atom of motivation from my side to indulge in breaking the systemic unity of the Group.

Thanking Mr. Mohan for considering my work on a simple devotional expression and praying HIM to shower blessings on one and all to maintain the unity and integrity.

With love and regards,

Yagnanarayana Sastry

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required.

Guest guest

Dear Sri Sastryji,

There is nothing wrong in the word "at least care for others". Please note that I am also involved in making my livelihood thru serving mankind. I admire and respect your noble profession of medicine. But many people in that profession are quite secular, particualrly in countries like India, and do not try to impose their faith on others.

If the word "gavAm pathi:" means nandI as per the opinion of some scholars in AP, that is fine, but do not impose it on those who do not believe so. We do hear many such views in Telugu TV channels, and dont require a write-up by you.

Your comparison appears to me somewhat like "the kobbari chettu - Avu" analogy, where, when someone is asked to describe the coconut tree, he instead picks up narrating the cow under it.

In Srivaishnavism, it is denied that the famous temple in Rameshwaram was built by Rama, since it has no locus standi in Srimad Ramayana of Valmiki. You may like to go thru the following song by the famous Telugu poet Tallapaka Annamacharya:

http://annamacharyulu.blogspot.com/2007/05/akkataa-ravanu-brahma-hatya.html

Any idea what is it said in Molla Ramayana?

With warm regards

Vishnu

Dr.B.G.Y Sastry <drbgysastry Sent: Tuesday, 11 March, 2008 4:00:16 AMRe: An Appeal.

Dear Sri Vishnuji,

The irony behind your first sentence is very clear.

The healthy discussions are always welcome.

In your view the word “gavaampati†appears to be simple. It is not only of my view but of many scholars of Andhra Pradesh that the word “Bull†is referred to Nandi, in regard to comparison of concentrated devotion.

The great epic which is in connection with the main incarnation of Lord Vishnu is a cobweb of many sampradayas and it depends on how it is considered. One cannot deny the famous Temple of Rameswaram in a State of temples is of and by Rama only.

It will be seen in chapter 12 of my article that the power of Sundarakanda is in fact narrated by Lord Siva to Goddess Parvati. Then what is the wrong of comparing the bull to Nandi in a broader perspective? Lord Vishnu is always considered as Purushothama.

I have already made it clear in my preface as well as in other illustrations.

Regarding Tatwa in Sundarakanda the following clarification given in Part 10 has a categorical answer.

“The exception is Sundarakanda, which enables to know Parabrahma, even if one desires to travel in the itinerary of any of the noted Sampradayas (Traditions) such as Srividyasampradaya, Adviata, Dvaita or Visistadvaitaâ€

Further, there was no objection except an interpretation which did not require an immediate response.

Being a medical consultant, spending more time in serving public, the limited available time at my disposal for spending on the devotional subject is not permitting to give immediate responses to the queries.

Despite my constant appeal with regard to the traditions, I am helpless for any clarification.

Finally, an Appeal in literal is nothing but a Prayer and as such some politeness and cordiality will maintain a healthy relationship, instead of using the words such as “at least care to respond†etc.

With love and regards,

Sastry

Srimahavishnu Vinjamuri <vsmvishnu (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Dear Sri Sastryji,

Everyone thinks that his part is nothing and it is a blessing of the Lord and his/her guru.ji That is absolutely fine.

But you have never so far bothered to enter into a healthy discussion when others questioned youir points of view and motives..

Also, you have gone to the extent of misinterpreting a simple word like "gavAm pathi" as nandI, which obviously is from the standpoint of a particular tradition. I dont know how it was inherited in the epic Ramayana. That could be just your opinion, which we respect but you need to reserve yours or at least care to respond to others when they object.

Thanks and regards

Vishnu

Dr.B.G.Y Sastry <drbgysastry@ >Sunday, 9 March, 2008 11:09:37 AM An Appeal.

Dear friends,

Bhakti is eternal.

With due respects to Sri Mohan the Moderator, brothers Sarvasri Vishnu and S S Charyulu and every individual in this Society, I would like to bring some facts to your notice.

I have today completed Samkshiptaparayana of Sundarakanda in simple English format. In this small work, my part is nothing. It is HE who guided and my Guru blessed. The entire work has taken about two months to me to collect, compile, translate and transcribe etc. Daily, before commencing the work I used to perform puja and pray Sreemannarayana every moment. I had already given some details in my preface. My object is only Ramayana whose story is of Rama, the main incarnation of Lord Vishnu.

You will appreciate, all our Legends, Puranas and Itihasas are age old, if compared to the Traditions that are developed later. It is therefore natural that all the traditions are inherited in those epics.

While speaking on the oldest kavya, the traditions would not have been taken into consideration and therefore it appears to be not correct to those who follow a particular tradition.

It is therefore my sincere appeal to every one, to ignore any thing against the rituals of Sampradayam of Visistadvaita and to take the outer essence only and accept my humble appeal that there is nothing to hijack from a noble tradition except Bhakti.

I once again reiterate that there is not even an atom of motivation from my side to indulge in breaking the systemic unity of the Group.

Thanking Mr. Mohan for considering my work on a simple devotional expression and praying HIM to shower blessings on one and all to maintain the unity and integrity.

With love and regards,

Yagnanarayana Sastry

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.

Guest guest

Dear Sri Vishnuji, Bhakti is eternal. Excuse me for the delay in reply due to slight indisposition. I could make out from your writings that you are sufficiently knowledgeable and at the same time I am not a combative devotee. The eagerness with strong wordings for getting replies will result in exchange of views and if they are one, no matter and if they are parallel? I could easily understand, where and which sequence is against to the principles.

While sending the articles to all the sites, I have marked to this site also. In doing so, I slipped in one or more occasions to take out some paragraphs. There is nothing intentional. This is the connotation of my Appeal. My sincere and frank expression of my limited time is also mistaken. Regarding livelihood, my involvement is over for a period of 40 years. My present livelihood is my

son, who encourages my free medical service and support to full fill my ambition of “Manava Sevaye Madhava Seva”, without failing in “Madhava nama smarana”. The age factor is involved. As such there is no question of imposing any faith on any body. I agree that I have some idea on Molla Ramayana. The Poetess is the daughter of Sri Kesana a strong devotee of Lord Siva. Molla is Jasmine and her poetry is also having the same fragrance. She did not

differentiate between Siva and Kesava and declared that her poetry is by the blessings of Srikanta Malleswara. She also travelled in the route of Ramabhakta Potana, the author of noted Bhagavatham in Telugu (which I love and can read without book) by confessing: “cheppumane Ramachandrudu, cheppinchina paluku meeda cheppedane, nellappudu nihaparasadhana, mappunya charithra, tappulenchakudu kavul” Leave about the traditions. So far I am

concerned, I regard all. In Madras, I used to attend Thiru Parthasaradhy Swami Kovil as well as Thiru Kapaleswarar Kovil at least twice a week. I used to find Maheswara in the first and Sri Mahavishnu in the latter. I visited many a time Tiruchchirappalli and did not fail to have darshan of Lord Sri Ranganatha Swami in Srirangam and observed the systemic “Koilolugu” rituals, where I found God in Holly Ramanujacharya and in all the twelve alwars. This is only my belief and I never try to rub

on any one. Hope I made the things clear. I am well aware of the fact, that an article is considered to be worthful, if it pleases the reader but not the sender. My whole hearted admirations to your ardent, qualified and noble belief on the Holy Tradition and I

am sure His Holiness Ramanujacharya will bless you in every walk of your life. Lord Sri Maha Vishnu will certainly shower his blessings on Vinjamuri Srimahavishnu. Please continue to be a pillar for the aim and promotion of the Society. With love and regards, Yagnanarayana Sastry

Srimahavishnu Vinjamuri <vsmvishnu wrote: Dear Sri Sastryji, If it is a simple comparison with nandI, it is fine. We need good similes and what you used could be one. But what you have earlier written is quoted below. That is why I had to say it could be

misleading.RegardsVishnu-------------------------Dear Sri Vishnuji, In your view the word “gavaampati†appears to be simple. It is not only of my view but of many scholars of Andhra Pradesh that the word “Bull†is referred to Nandi, in regard to comparison of concentrated devotion. -------------------------In the second Sloka of the chapter also, Maharshi had established Siva Tatwa, in his great epic of Vishnu avatar, in an unequivocal methodology. The Sloka reads as under: dushkaram nishpratidvandvam cikiirshan karma vaanaraha, samudagraSirOgriivO gavaam pati rivaababhau. 1. vaanaraha = The monkey (Hanuma), 2. cikiirshan = who desired to perform, 3. karma = a deed, 4. dushkaram = (which is) impossible to do, 5. babhau = shone, 6. gavaam pati iva

= like a bull, 7. nishpratidvandvam = without any obstacles, 8. samudagraSirOgriiva ha = with a raised head and neck. Hanuma who desired to perform a deed done by no one else shone like a Bull without any obstacles, with his stretched neck and raised head. Here Maharshi Valmiki used the word “Gavampathi ivaababhauâ€, which means “Shone like a bullâ€. How is the bull? It is with a raised head and neck. What is the similarity of Anjaneya and the bull? This contains a very special spiritual analysis, if it is looked into transcendental perception.. The Bull is nothing but Nandi the vahana of Lord Siva and therefore connected to Siva Tatwa. --------------- Dr.B.G.Y Sastry <drbgysastry > Tuesday, 11 March,

2008 4:00:16 AM Re: An Appeal. The great epic which is in connection with the main incarnation of Lord Vishnu is a cobweb of many sampradayas and it depends on how it is considered. One cannot deny the famous Temple of Rameswaram in a State of temples is of and by Rama only. It will be seen in chapter 12 of my article that the power of Sundarakanda is in fact narrated by Lord Siva to Goddess Parvati. Then what is the wrong of comparing the bull to Nandi in a broader perspective? Lord Vishnu is always considered as Purushothama. I have already made it clear in my preface as well as in other illustrations. Regarding Tatwa in Sundarakanda the following clarification given in Part 10 has a categorical answer. “The exception is Sundarakanda, which enables to know Parabrahma, even if one desires to travel in the itinerary of any of the noted Sampradayas (Traditions) such as Srividyasampradaya, Adviata,

Dvaita or Visistadvaita†Further, there was no objection except an interpretation which did not require an immediate response. Being a medical consultant, spending more time in serving public, the limited available time at my disposal for spending on the devotional subject is not permitting to give immediate responses to the queries. Despite my constant appeal with regard to the traditions, I am helpless for any clarification. Finally, an Appeal in literal is nothing but a Prayer and as such some politeness and cordiality will maintain a healthy relationship, instead of using the words such as “at least care to respond†etc. With love and regards, Sastry Srimahavishnu Vinjamuri <vsmvishnu (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote: Dear Sri Sastryji, Everyone thinks that his part is nothing and it is a blessing of the Lord and his/her guru.ji That is absolutely fine. But you have never so far bothered to

enter into a healthy discussion when others questioned youir points of view and motives.. Also, you have gone to the extent of misinterpreting a simple word like "gavAm pathi" as nandI, which obviously is from the standpoint of a particular tradition. I dont know how it was inherited in the epic Ramayana. That could be just your opinion, which we respect but you need to reserve yours or at least care to respond to others when they object. Thanks and regards Vishnu Dr.B.G.Y Sastry <drbgysastry@ > Sunday, 9 March, 2008 11:09:37 AM An Appeal. Dear friends, Bhakti is eternal. With due respects to Sri Mohan the Moderator, brothers Sarvasri Vishnu and S S Charyulu and every individual in this Society, I would like to bring some facts to your notice. I have today completed

Samkshiptaparayana of Sundarakanda in simple English format. In this small work, my part is nothing. It is HE who guided and my Guru blessed. The entire work has taken about two months to me to collect, compile, translate and transcribe etc. Daily, before commencing the work I used to perform puja and pray Sreemannarayana every moment. I had already given some details in my preface. My object is only Ramayana whose story is of Rama, the main incarnation of Lord Vishnu. You will appreciate, all our Legends, Puranas and Itihasas are age old, if compared to the Traditions that are developed later. It is therefore natural that all the traditions are inherited in those epics. While speaking on the oldest kavya, the traditions would not have been taken into consideration and therefore it appears to be not correct to those who follow a particular tradition. It is therefore my sincere appeal to every one, to ignore any thing against the rituals of

Sampradayam of Visistadvaita and to take the outer essence only and accept my humble appeal that there is nothing to hijack from a noble tradition except Bhakti. I once again reiterate that there is not even an atom of motivation from my side to indulge in breaking the systemic unity of the Group. Thanking Mr. Mohan for considering my work on a simple devotional expression and praying HIM to shower blessings on one and all to maintain the unity and integrity. With love and regards, Yagnanarayana Sastry Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. __._,_..___ Messages in this topic (3) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar ----------------- srirangarAja charaNAmbhuja rAja

hamsam srimad parAnkusa padhAmbhuja brungarAjam| sri bhattanAtha parakAla mukhAbhja mitram srivatsachihnna saranam yathirAjameedE|| I pay homage to Sri Ramanuja, the swan who has chosen the Lotus Feet of Sri Ranganatha as his refuge; who is collecting the pollen and nectar from the flower-like feet of Parankusa (NammAzhwAr); who brightens like the sun the faces of Bhattanatha (PeriAzhwAr) and Parakala (Thirumangai AzhwAr), and who is the refuge of Kuresa! Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un Visit Your Group Finance It's Now Personal Guides, news, advice & more. Women of Curves on A positive group to discuss Curves. All-Bran 10 Day Challenge Join the club and feel the benefits..

Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help./l/in//mail/mail/tools/tools-08.html

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Dear Sri Sastryji,

I am not learned in any sampradaya, but only am trying to reduce my headaches by

being a monotheist! I am also aware of Molla and read some portions of her

Ramayana. My original question to you was, does Molla Ramayana say Lord Rama did

pooja to Siva at Rameshwaram?

Thanks and regards

Vishnu

I agree that I have some idea on Molla Ramayana. The Poetess is the daughter of

Sri Kesana a strong devotee of Lord Siva. Molla is Jasmine and her poetry is

also having the same fragrance. She did not differentiate between Siva and

Kesava and declared that her poetry is by the blessings of Srikanta Malleswara.

She also travelled in the route of Ramabhakta Potana, the author of noted

Bhagavatham in Telugu (which I love and can read without book) by confessing:

“cheppumane Ramachandrudu, cheppinchina paluku meeda cheppedane, nellappudu

nihaparasadhana, mappunya charithra, tappulenchakudu kavulâ€

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on

http://help./l/in//mail/mail/tools/tools-08.html/

Guest guest

Dear Sri Sastry,No one is doubting or criticizing your personal spiritual views. But, as you are well aware by now, ardent followers of the schools of thought that emerged from Ramanuja's Vision are clear in their understanding that there is only One Paratvam, One Supreme Being, Sriman Narayana, whom the Azhwars extol as thirumAl, mAyanE, kannan, etc. All other concepts of Divinity can only begin to describe one aspect of this Supreme Truth, and as such are considered less than complete.

While there are many who would argue that Siva and Vishnu are one, there is little if any substantiation for this view. Indeed, even Adi Sankara saw these Deities as metaphors for Saguna Brahman, and if truth be told, preferred the worship of Narayana over and above these.

A healthy discussion on this matter will require a certain amount of open-mindedness on our parts, and from knowing Sri Vishnu, I do not think that his intent is to be subjective in any way. It is merely to encourage contributors this forum to know that any arguement should not be defended merely on popularistic notions, but by some logical substantiation.

With that, I would suggest that you present Sundara Kanda with that in mind.adiyEnOn 3/13/08, Srimahavishnu Vinjamuri <vsmvishnu wrote:

Dear Sri Sastryji, I am not learned in any sampradaya, but only am trying to reduce my headaches by being a monotheist! I am also aware of Molla and read some portions of her Ramayana. My original question to you was, does Molla Ramayana say Lord Rama did pooja to Siva at Rameshwaram?

Thanks and regards Vishnu I agree that I have some idea on Molla Ramayana. The Poetess is the daughter of Sri Kesana a strong devotee of Lord Siva. Molla is Jasmine and her poetry is also having the same fragrance. She did not differentiate between Siva and Kesava and declared that her poetry is by the blessings of Srikanta Malleswara. She also travelled in the route of Ramabhakta Potana, the author of noted Bhagavatham in Telugu (which I love and can read without book) by confessing:

"cheppumane Ramachandrudu, cheppinchina paluku meeda cheppedane, nellappudu nihaparasadhana, mappunya charithra, tappulenchakudu kavul" Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on http://help./l/in//mail/mail/tools/tools-08.html/