IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Request for contribution to Sri Aamaruviappan Temple Tank renovation project

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Quite correct, Sri Vishnu.The choice of the utsavar was made by Prof. M. S. Rangachari of ThiruvalikkEni, who is a mentor to both Sri Vishnu and myself. Indeed, the utsavar was hand-crafted by one Thiru. Vinayagar Sthapathi of SwamimaLai. It is the first time that an exact replica of a divya dEsham perumAL is being worshipped in the USA. Hence, adiyEn and the our Chief Priest, Sri Jaganathan, are referring to the utsavar by His Actual Name.

As Sri Vishnu has accurately pointed out, with the exception of following pAncharAtra Agama, the Temple intends to adhere as closely as possible to the traditions established at MaLai kOvil by Bhagavad Sri Ramanuja and Sri Manavalamamunigal.

adiyEnMohanOn Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Srimahavishnu Vinjamuri <vsmvishnu wrote:

Dear Sriman Sadagopan,

Sorry for intevening. Sriman Mohan Sagar can give better answer.

As I understood from Sriman Mohan, the temple follows Thirumalai-Thirupathi traditions, but done in accordance with pAncharAtram. The moolavar is Thiruvengadamudaiyan and utsavar is Amaruviappan, but all the worships to Him will be similar to those of our malaiyappan, except for the Agamic differences.

Sriman Mohan can correct me if I am wrong.

adiyen ramanuja dasan

Vishnu

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan

IRS Cc: Ranganathan TP <tp_rangan; s.rangarajan

Wednesday, 15 October, 2008 3:00:06 AM Fw: Request for contribution to Sri Aamaruviappan Temple Tank renovation project

SrI:

Dear Sriman Mohan Raghavan ans Smt.Nagu Satyan :

I am delighted to hear about the grand celebration

of the Temple for Aamuviyappan at Denver . Colorado .

This is great news !

I hope you will be able to adopt the original , ancient

temple at TherazhanthUr , where Lord Amruviyappan Presides

as a link to the sampradhAyams and anushtAnams at

His new temple at Denver . TherazhundhUr Bhattar residing now

at Srirangam is an authority on Sri VaishNava Aagamams .

Please wrtite to Sriman T.P. Rangan ,

Head of the Gosaka Bhakta

Sabha and help them in theirKaimakyams .

I am preparing a summary of the 47 Paasurams

by Thirumangai Mannan on thsi dhivya dEsa

EmperumAn . I will be happy to share this future ebook

in English for enjoying the depth of bhakti of

Thirumangai Mannan for Aamurviyappan .

NamO SrI GosakAya ,

V.Sadagopan

- S Rangarajan

B.C.Venkatakrishnan

Cc: Dr V.Sadagopan ; s.rangarajan

Sunday, September 07, 2008 11:56 AM

Request for contribution to Sri Aamaruviappan Temple Tank renovation project

Dear All:

The Sri Amaruviappan Koil is a great padalsthalam fostered by Alwars. It is also the birth place of Kambar and the erstwhile capital of Karikaal Chozhan.The temple is under renovation with blessings from Sri Ahobila Mutt and the Srivaishanavite Devotees forum " Sri Gosaka Baktha Sabha " . The temple tank was in bad shape and Neer Exnora had adopted the temple tank for renovation.

Meanwhile " Sri Gosaka Baktha Sabha " being spearheaded by Sri T P Ranganathan kick started the project by diverting Rs 3-4 lacs from their emergency reserves as 30% margin money so that they could get Rs Rs 6-7 lacs from HR & CE department.Thanks to support from Sri Ko Si Mani, the DMK stalwart from the region, the project has taken shape and about 70 % of the work has been completed. The work has come to a stop due to steep escalation in construction costs and expansion of work content also in order to strengthen the old foundations. The shortage of funds is now reckoned at Rs 5 Lacs.

Neer Exnora solicits financial support for the project through liberal contributions so that the tank renovation can be completed before the monsoon.Please note that donations carry "Tax Benefits under section 80-G". Donations are exempted under 80-G of Income Tax Act 1961 vide : DIT (E) No.2 (181) 0708 Dated 22/11/2007 effective from 24th April, 2007 to 31st March, 2008. The cheques may kindly be drawn in favour of "Sri Gosaka Baktha Sabha Trust " or " Sri Gosaka Baktha Sabha " and sent to Shri M D Sridharan Plot # 11, Door#19, Kamaraj Salai Alwarthirunagar, Chennai – 87. E Mail- mdyes or Mr T P Ranganathan , No 18 Vasant Apartments, 11 Melony Road, T Nagar ,Chennai 600 017.E Mail : < tprangan (AT) gmail (DOT) com>, Cell No : 91 98404 24018.Please note that those who wish to avail Tax exemption may kindly draw the cheque in favour of " Sri Gosaka Baktha Sabha Trust " .. For those who do not require the exemption the cheque may be drawn in favour of " Sri Gosaka Baktha Sabha " [Do not mention the word Trust].

DONORS FROM THE USA MAY KINDLY DRAW THE CHEQUES S IN FAVOUR OF 'SRI AHOBILA MUTH' AND SEND IT TO THE TREASURER OF THE MUTH AT THE ADDRESS GIVEN BELOW; A NOTE MAY ALSO BE ATTACHED TO THE EFFECT THAT THE DONATION IS MEANT FOR THERAZHUNDUR TEMPLE RENOVATION SO THAT THE AMOUNT IS FORWARDED TO US. THE DONATIONS WILL ENJOY TAX BENEFITS UNDER THE US LAWS.

SRIHARI RAGHAVANNewark , CA.

Please do visit the website http://www.vaishnav adesam.com/ appeal.html for information on the Amaruviappan Temple and www.neerexnora. com for information on Neer Exnora Non Governemental Organisation ( NGO) launched under the banner of Exnora International..

Thanks and Best Regards

S Rangarajan/Chairman-Neer Exnora +91 98400 15710

Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger.