IndiaDivine.org

Ratha Sapthami-AruNam : Part XIIV ( 6th AnuvAkam : mantram 18 ).

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear VedhAbhimAnis :

Word by Word meanings of the 18th

" nijAnukAmE nyanjalikaa

amO vAchamupAsatAmiti

tasmai sarva rutavO namantE

maryAdhakaratvAt prabhurOdhAm

BrAhmana AapnOti , ya yEvam vEda

na khalu samvatsara yEtais-

sEnAnibhissaha

IndhrAya sarvAn kAmAnabhivahati

sadhrapsa: tasyaishA bhavati ".

" nijAnukaamE nyanjalikaa"=mE jAnukA ni , anjalikA mE ni ; May my knees ( mE jaanukA) touch the ground in prostration ( ni =nyakbhUtA) and may my hands be folded in anjali mudhrA (mE anjalikA ni) !

" amO vAcham-upAsatAm-iti "=May they ( amee) follow ( upAsatAm) these words( vAcham) !

" tasmai sarva-rutavO namantE "=all rutus prostrate before such a man , who follows the above utterances (Vaacham)

" maryAdhA-karatvAt (tasmai sarvE rutava: namantE ;pra-purOdhAm"

BrahmaNa AapnOti ya yEvam vEda"=

The BrahmaNan who understands this eternal , cyclical flow of the six rutus and fashions his life according to their flow ( maryAdhA-karatvAt) is saluted by all the rutus ( sarvE rutava: namantE) ;

( sa BrAhmaNa:) That BrAhmaNan attains ( pra-AapnOti) the top most status ( purOdhAm AapnOti).

The declaration of " sarvE rutava: namantE " here has to be compared to the declaration of Taittireeya Upanishad mantram:"tannama ityupAseeta, namyantE asmai kAmA:"( If we worship the Supreme Being with the "nama:" sabdham , the kaamams ( desires) will fall at his feet . The phalans that he seeks will come after him instead of him chasing them .

"sa khalu samvatsara yEtais-sEnAneebhis -saha" , IndhrAya sarvAn kAmAn-abhivahaty "=The Lord in the form of Kaala roopi , Sooryan ( sa khalu samvatsara:) along with his army of Vasus , RudrAs and VisvE dEvAs ( yEtai: sEnAnibhi: saha) will surely fulfil the wishes ( SarvAn KaamAn abhivahati) of this leader among men (IndhrAya).

" sa-dhrapsa: That Samvatsara Kaala Roopi ( sa:) nourishes the world thru timely rain ( dhrapsa:) .

tasyaa-yEshA bhavati= The words that follow belongs to that Kaala Roopi ,

Soorya NaarAyaNan .

SrI Veda PurushAya nama:

Dhaasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan

M,

(Meaning and Commentary)_._,___