IndiaDivine.org

nANmugan thiruvandhAdhi-50

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sri Parthasarathi thunaiSrimathe ramanujaya NamahaSrimad Vara Vara munayE NamahaSri vAnAchala mahA munayE Namaha

Paasuram-41

"kAnaluRuginRen kallaruvi muththudhiraOnavizhavil oli adhira-pENivaru vEnkatavA ennullam pugundhAithiruvenkata madhanai sendru"

More than the divine darshan inside as antaryAmi, the darshan in thiruvenkatamalai is very special. So azhvar now wishes to have the divine darshan of thiruvenkatamudaiyan and talks the greatness of thirumalai in this paasuram. "kallum kanaikadalum vaikundha vAnAdum... adiyEnadullaththu agam [periya thiru 68] "nirpadhuvum oru verpagaththu" -these are the wishes of azhvars to leave thirumalai and come to their hearts. Here thirumazhisai piran wishes to leave the emperuman inside his heart and have the darshan of thiruvenkatamudaiyan.

(kallaruvi muththudhira) corals fall from the falls that make sound. (kal aruvi) 'kal' is the sound of the falls. Even the sound made by the falls in thirumalai is special to azhvar. Or otherwise 'kal' can mean mountain thereby indicating the falls in the mountain.(aruvi kal muththudhira) various gems and pearls fall from the falls.

(Onavizhavil oli adhira) "thiruvOnaththiru vizhavil andhiyam pOdhil arivuruvAgi ariyai azhiththavanai pandhanai teera pallANdu pallAyiraththAndu" such is the sound of those kind hearts like periazhvar during the thiruvonam festival.(Onavizhavil oliadhira kallaruvi muththudhira) the sound of pallANdu sung by great bhakthas make even a hard stone to freeze and drop tears . The sound can be from the arulicheyal ghosti/pallANdu pAduvAr or the veda parayana ghosti or from those who sing and dance.

(pENI varu vEnkatavA) Since this place is filled with the sound of mangalasasanams and since even the insentient objects gain energy and get involved in the divine darshan all those who are interested in doing mangalasasanams (singing for the welfare) to the lord rush to thirumalai, Oh! lord of thiruvenkatamalai! You have ignored all your wealth and have a special feeling towards me.

(ennullam pugundhAi) Oh Lord! what ever you are doing standing in thirumalai is sadhanAnushtAnam (effort to attain me) and now you have entered into my heart that is your result (sAdhyam)(thiruvEnkatamadhanai sendru kAnaluruginrEn) But I am more interested in having your darshan in thirumalai leaving aside the darshan inside me.

Why is the darshan in thiruvenkatamalai so distinct?(en nenjam-thiruvenkatam) My mind is the place for growth of all sins. Whereas thirumalai is capable of driving away all my sins"vEm katangal meimEl vinai muRRavum"[thiru 3-3-6] My heart is the hard stone on top of which rushes dirty red blood whereas thirumalai is a place where even hard stone freezes and tears drop from the eyes.(ona vizhavil oli adhira) No good souls can reach my heart whereas in thirumalai the sound of pallAndu spreads everywhere during the thiruvona festival.(pENi varu vEnkatavA) unlike the underground water that cannot be easily accessed (my heart) Oh! lord you are like a river water easily accessible to all in thiruvenkatam.(venkatavA) antaryAmithvam, expresses only the vatsalya guna of emperuman. On the other hand, the archa roopam in thirumalai expresses paratva, sowlabhya, sowseelya, vatsalya and various other kalyana gunas of emperuman to one and all (devas, rishis, manushyas, vanaras etc)

(ennullam pugundhAi, thiruvenkatamadhanai sendru kAnaluruginREn) Due to azhvars modesty he wishes to have the darshan of emperuman not inside his heart but in thirumalai but the lord cherishes the heart of his bhaktha so he wishes to shed his abode thirumalai and come and settle inside the heart of azhvar.

(To Be Continued)Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNamAdiyen ramanuja dAseeSumithra Varadarajan