IndiaDivine.org

A Peep into Periya ThiruMozhi 235

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh! Lord! Who can this be?

The splendour and beauty of ThirunAgai EmperumAn is multi-faceted. He appears majestic and royal on the one hand and poses like a vEdhic brAhminat the same time.

The Lord is at ThirunAgai but resembles the youthful EmperumAn of ThirukkuDandhai.

Having able to recall the similarities, Kaliyan also mentions that she does not remember having seen Him earlier.

Is it the Lord krshNA who vanquished the elephant or the one who attracted all thewomenfolk?

The Lord who is at ThriunErmalai has entered my mind and does not leave me.The supreme beauty torments me endlessly.

The Almighty who swallowed the whole worlds and oceans and slept on a small leaf has transformed Himself into a beauty and the whole souls of the skies fall at His feet.

The beauty cannot be narrated.

Summary: Sri Parakala NAyaki is submerged in the beauty of ThriunAgai EmperumAn. The Lord's appearance is manifold. She seems to be recognizing Him and at the same time not. However, the Grace and beatuy of Lord surpasses narration and identification leaving a lasting impression in AzhwAr-s mind making her to exclaim

'AchOA oruvar azhagiavA!'

The first pAsuram: ponnivar mEani maragathin pongiLam sOdhi agalathu Arammin - Royal and majestic appearance.

Ayil nal vEadham odhum vEdhiyar --------------------------------a brAhmin.

Second pAsuram:

SeDar kol enRu therikka mATTEAn sUzh punal sUzh kuDandhai kidandha - Is he the :Youthful Lord of ThirukkuDandhai.

Fifth pAsuram: paNdivar thammaiyum kaNDaRiyOAm -- Have not seen Him earlier .

Sixth pAsuram : vEzha maruppositha vEAndhar kol? yEandhizhaiyAr manathai thanjusadaiyALar kol? yAn aRiyEan? Is it Lord KrshnA who vanquished the elephant or the one who attracted the maidens?

eighth pAsuram: nErmalaiyAr kol! nenjuLLum kaNNuLLum ninRu nEngAr -Is it the EmeprumAn of ThriunErmalai who does not leave me from my mind?

Ninth pAsuram: eNdisaiyum eRi nEr kadalum vizhungai ? -- Is it the Lord who swallowed the worlds and slept in a small leaf?

AzhwAr struck by the stunning beauty is confused. Amazed and falling for this on one hand is not able to exactly identify.She feels that He is either from one divya-dhEsam or the other ? or from the vibhavAvatharam.

This goes again to reiterate that this feature is peculiar to AzhwAr more so when it coems to archAvatharam

dAsan

vanamamalai padmanabhan