IndiaDivine.org

Hide and Seek

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HIDE AND SEEK

One of the leading biscuit company introduced a biscuit by name called 'Hide and Seek'. Well, I had my own views on this name. Being sceptic, wondered how this name would be a success in the market. Milk bikis made sense. Glucose had a purpose. 'Hide and Seek' -but .. ran the train of thoughts. How can this be tasty? sweet/

One cannot find solace in hiding and seeking,went further my thought process. Suddenly my sub-conscous mind told "Hey! Wait" -Do not children play hide and seek and yield immense happiness?The person hiding is happy and indeed the boy trying to find him.

Now, if this small game can benefit children for some time at some point of life, then, I thought, why not the great game with EmperumAn.

Have AzvAr-s had this divine experience of hide and seek? Sri kulasEkara AzvAr dedicates a thriumozhi in PerumAL thirumozhi for Sri KrshNA being very unpunctual, if we may call it so. It is said that there is no concept of time in parama padham. In International arenA, punctuality is appreciated to the highest degree. It is said that in United States Punctuality gets the first priority ( although adiyEan's expereinces with the so called US people are entirely different)

Coming back to our subject, Lord krshNA gives appointment to a maiden and when she is waiting at the agreed shadow of a tree, He goes on flirting? with another one. Is he true to her ? No He seeks yet another and this woman also gets desolate. Neither time nor place are adhered to.

Oh! Lord, You never turn up at the scheduled time -sonna pOdhil vArEr -says thirumangai AzvAr.She summons the beetle as witness for such erratic behaviours. 'kongu vaNDEa kari' are from Periya Thriumozhi 9-3-4;

What are the anubhavam-s, of svAmi Nam AzvAr. We see the transformation of parAnkusA into parAnkusa nAyaki when the Lord is indifferent to these restrcitions of fourth dimensions. True to His svAmitham, He emerges at His own will and wish, whims and fancies and till then, AzvAr frets with disappointment, angry with disgust and wrath filled due to this delay. She naturally, turns her face other side and never listens to the appeals of the late comer.Here is a soul eager to meet You and Oh! Lord Your set priorities are different. On the top of it You reel out cock and bull stories. These would be believed by thiose who do not know about You. Nay, not me. Fully aware of Your pranks, never would I believe You , henceforth declares Sri Nam-AzvAr in the second thriuvAimozhi of the sixth ten 'min idai madavAr'.

'min idai sEar kaNNan methena vandhAn enRu .." is the apt thriuvaimozhi nURRandhAdhip pAsuram summing up the emotional outpourings.

Sri Kula-sekara PerumAL goes to the exent of saying "Oh!Lord, come on get off. We know about You-EmperumAn ezhundhar

Well, these hide and seek games of the Almighty with the apostles, though making them pining for Him, in fact, highlights His salabyam and sausElyam. Nobody would definitely expect a person to emerge in TNagar when in fact appointment was at ThrivuallikkEANi. However, the Lord aggravates the zest and eagerness, the liking and the expectations collating into a accumulation of the 'When,When..When shall i meet the Lord /"

This is what Sri Azhagaia MaNavALap perumAL nAyanAr declares as ini ini enRa iRupadhu starting from ini yAm vuRamai of thriuvirutham first pAsuram. '

Love is but a game of waiting and I realised that this hide and seek gives immense satisfaction, immortal mirth and eternal bliss, provided it is the Lord who is hiding.

The biscuit now tastes sweet.

dAsan

vanamamalai padmanabhan