IndiaDivine.org

swamy desikan's Nithya AarAdhana Kaimkaryam at Thuppul , His avathAra Sthalam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri:

Dear BhakthAs :

The uninterrupted NithyAradhanam for Swamy Desikan at Thuppul is a must for all of us to support out of our gratitude for the MahOpakArams that He has rendered us . We are what we are today as Sri VaishNavAs because of His Dayaa to show us the unfailing way of SaraNagathy at Sriman NaarAyaNan's sacred feet to gain Moksha Sukham .

Dr.SatakOpa TatachAr of Kaanchipuram is doing unparalleled service to maintain the NithyArAdhanam going for number of years now . Number of you responded three years ago to the appeals for support to build a core fund , the interest from which would help with the daily AarAdhanam at our AchAryan's temple at ThUppul . We need your help again .

I have attached a write up from my distinguished

class mate ( Sri V.N. Gopala Desikan ) from Oppiliappan Koil on the reasons why we should support the NithyArAdhanam for Swamy Desikan as Sri VaishNavAs .

Sri VNG's appeal is eloquent and appropriate . I endorse

it 100 percent .

I have the wonderful CD ROM on Sawmy Desikan's

visit to Lord VaradarAjA's temple on His birthday .

That will bring tears to your eyes , when you see it .

Please help with the performance of one days'

aarAdhanam by contributing Rs. 1500 ( ~ $36)

on behalf of your family . You are ofcourse welcome to

contribute more and cover the AarAdhanam expenses

for say 3 days or one week in an year .

I know I invite your attention to many opportunities for

Sri VaishNavite Kaimkaryams . This Kaimakryam to

keep NithyArAdhanam going at ThUppul is a top priority .

We can send the funds raised form here thru a nonprofit

foundation here to a G 80 institution in India to get U.S

Tax deductions .

Please contact me about your interests in taking part

in this important Kaimkaryam and recieve a copy of

CD ROM ON the PurattAsi SravaNam visit of Swamy Desikan to His Lord , Atthigiri AruLALan .

Swamy Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,

V.Sadagopan

P.S : Those BhakthAs in India can send their contributions directly to Sriman SatakOpa TatachAr

at West Sannidhi St at Kaanchi . I will be happy to

provide his address and telephone number .

APPEAL FOR CONTRIBUTION TO THE NITHYARADHANA SCHEME OF VEDANTA DESIKA TEMPLE, THOOPUL

If Vaishanvism is in a glorious position today, pulsating with a vibrant philosophy of visishtadvaita, well-reognised the world over, attracting critical and reverential study by foreigners as well, this is in no small measure due to that greatest acharya, Vedanta Desika, who spent his entire life propagating our vedic religion and philosophy.

Our effulgent system, founded in the Vedas and expounded by rishis of yore like Parasara, vyasa, bdhayana, tanka and dramida was nurtured by the azhvans and further elaborated by bhagavad ramanuja. This was perfected by our acharya Desika, who wrote hundreds gems of works, establishing our philosophy on a solId foundation guarding it from external onslaughts. It is universally acknowledged that his greatest contribution is the enunciation, development and codification of the doctrine of prapatti as the sure means of salvation.

The least we can do to this greatest acharya, who is recognized as the incarnation of the Holy Bell at Tirupati, is to see that the temple at his holy birth place of Thoopul. Else where the world over, gigantic memorials at exorbitant costs are built and maintained for lesser mortals. But it is painful to see that even daily pujas as this holy temple are languishing for funds.

We should see to it, in grateful acknowledgement of the supreme service rendered by our Swami Desika, that enough funds are provided for the proper performance of the daily pujas in this holy temple.

With this objective, the Trust has formulated the Nityaradhana Scheme, under which, if the devotee makes a one-time payment of Rs.1500/- the annual interest from same, to the tune of Rs.100/- (in present tight money market position) will be utilized for performing on day’s puja. The devotees can decide any particular day of his choice – may be his or spouse’s or children’s birth-days or wedding Anniversary, etc. – and pujas will be performed on that day, every year eternally, in his name; conferring the noble acharya’s grace fully on the devotee concerned.

It is our burden duty to join this scheme in large numbers, as a humble expression of our worshipful gratitude to the great Master, who has re-vitalised our system and philosophy and has given us invaluable guidelines on almost as aspects of life.

For the eager devotees, who join this nithyaradhana scheme, the Trust is giving also a valuable bonanza free – an one-hour VCD, showing Swami Desikas’s worship in the Temples of Dipaprakasa of Thoopul and Varadaraja of Kanchi, on his birth-day (Purattasi Sravanam), with a charming and lucid commentary.

We thus make an earnest appeal to all to join in large members in this Nithyaradhana scheme, which will ensure their own well-being and prosperity. Contributions may be sent to “Sri Vilakkoil Perumal Thoopul Vedanta Desika Charitable Trust, 8-B, Sannidhi Street, Little Kancheepuram – 631 501, Tamilnadu”.

V. N. Gopala Desikachariar Oppiliappan Koil

All your favorites on one personal page – Try My