NamO Sri Aadhi VarAhAya ,

V.Sadagopan

-

almin

sgopan

Monday, May 02, 2005 2:20 AM

From SITA LAXMI

Dear Sri Sadagopan,

I heard about you from my cousin Ramesh Varadarajan who lives in Sidney. I heard that you are doing so much for Vaishnava Temples. I am approaching you for help in this connection.

Our family has a temple at Kumbakonam ‘ Sri Adhivaraha Perumal ‘ temple and it is a legacy of our ancestor Sri Varahakulam Rangaswamy Ayyangar. It is located within the city close to the Kumbeswarar Kovil.

We, his descendants are actively involved in the management of the temple. We conducted the Samprokshanam last year. Since the temple is still in our family’s hands and not taken over by Hindu Religious Endowment Board, we are unable to advertise and collect funds in a public manner. Hence we are doing it through our network of friends.

Besides the temple there is a tank which was unfortunately closed up about 60 years back. We are now trying to revive this Varahakulam which has been mentioned in the Puranas as having divine powers to fulfill the wishes of the prayers who bathe in this tank. The Moolavar is Swayambhoo idol of Sri Varaha Perumal and Ambujavalli Thayaar. The estimate for the kulam works out nearly Rs. 17 Lakhs.

I will be grateful if you could assist us as this Varahakulam if revived will benefit the city of Kumbakonam.

I am enclosing some photographs. I look forward to hearing from you. Please reply to sitasri203

Regards,

SITA LAXMI

C/o. ALMIN PRODUCTS,

#5, Smith Road,

Chennai – 600 002.

Phone : (044) 28524694, 28522579

Fax : (044) 28522215

Mobile : 98404 26758