IndiaDivine.org

happy diwali/eid everyone (TEN REASONS you must watch DON THIS DIWALI/EID)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MORE MASALA AT www.whackywednesday.com http://www.whackywednesday.com/video.php "THE rebirth of BOLLYWOOD disco dancer in NYC" OFFICIAL DON WEBSITE - www.donthefilm.com --------- DON, FIRST BOLLYWOOD MOVIE, debut ON "iTUNES" www.ourbollywood.com/2006/08/don_on_itunes.html http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/08/28/7695/ Farhan Akhtar’s Don promises to break away from all the industry norms and now is going to be the first Bollywood movie whose music is going to be available on iTunes! This is definitely path breaking and reflects the changing face of Bollywood. --------- TEN REASONS YOU MUST WATCH DON THIS DIWALI/EID by "FUAD OMAR" http://www.allinfoaboutbollywood.com/index.php?page=41 Farhan Akhtar's DON is all set to release across the world this Eid/Diwali and it looks set to be the firecracker that will set the world on fire. Shah Rukh Khan, Bollywood's undesputed reservoir of talent plays the title role of a gangster who is unstoppable. Adapted from the original version (penned by legendary screenwriters Salim Khan and Javed

Akhtar), DON looks slick, updated and fresh. With a supporting cast consisting of the likes of Priyanka Chopra, Arjun Rampal, Boman Irani and Kareena Kapoor, DON is set to take over the world yet again. Here are the top ten reasons to watch DON this Eid/Diwali: 10. Fresh content with a hint of nostalgia - The updated DON has small nuances that pay homage to Amitabh Bachchan's Don, so this new version has no misconceptions of trying to better the original. It's a new take on it, which makes it even more exciting! 9. It's from the makers of Dil Chahta Hai and Lakshya - Good films don't grow on trees and once in a while a filmmaker

comes along who really pushes the envelope. The duo of Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar do for Bollywood what Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier have done for Independant cinema. 8. Arjun Rampal - The dude is back after a blink-and-miss-it appearance in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna and he's looking fabulous in DON. Arjun Rampal's fans have been waiting for this film for a reason and he's sure to deliver as an updated version of the character played by Pran in the original Don. 7. Priyanka Chopra - After Krrish and before Salaam-e-Ishq, Priyanka Chopra as Roma looks

fabulous dressed in black, deadlier than ever. Pair her with Shah Rukh Khan and you have an irresistable combination. 6. The sets, the location, the experience - DON looks like a larger than life movie. Not only do you have Malaysia as the backdrop but elaborate sets that reflect a spyesque get-up that reeks of the Underworld-meets-the-Government undertones. DON looks and feels like an experience, a visual treat and an experience in power. Whose side are you on? 5. The Chase - to coin the phrase now immortalised in the film's promos: "To catch Don is not difficult, it's impossible." An

invitation, if any, to catch the man himself. The chase begins this October, and I hear sirens already. 4. Shankar Ehsaan Loy's reinvention of Don's music - Yeh Mera Dil was a song I hated when I first heard the remixed version. I felt insulted as it took a part of a film I loved and updated it when there was no need. Now I can't stop tapping my foot to it. This represents my feelings on the film too. I didn't want Don to be remade, now I'm tying my trainer's shoelaces to get running before the chase begins. Love it or hate it you won't be able to ignore it. DON. 3. Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue

delivery - A reminder of how acting is the whole package, Shah Rukh's command over the DON lingo is already causing mimickry worldwide. Mumbai streets are full of wannabe DONs and not Amitabh Bachchan Dons but Shah Rukh Khan DONs.. and the film isn't even out yet. The man has made a huge impact and given that it's his lines that are now being spewed even from Rickshaw drivers, he's part of the streets - from Tokyo to Timbuktu, from Poland to Pakistan - DON is everywhere. 2. Eid/Diwali - Some of Shah Rukh's best movies have been associated with this festive period and I mean BEST in terms of content not box-office returns. If there's one man you can count on to really satisfy those who've craved a great film after a long time, this is the person

who delivers. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Mohabbatein, Veer Zara even Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (my personal favourite which debuted on TV in the UK on Eid) all have been representative of the magic Shah Rukh brings to Diwali/Eid year after year. This year looks set to repeat that magic. and the Number One reason to watch DON this Diwali/Eid is... 1. Shah Rukh Khan - The man is an institution of acting and most of us have taken his journey with him. From his debut to date, we've seen him be a scary psychopath, a stammering suicidal lover, the perfect son, brother, lover, even employee (Yes Boss) and he's saved the world a few times over to boot (Main Hoon Na). Shah Rukh Khan is the man whose name is not only on every

man, woman and child's lips, it's the name we in the West cling to when talking about our films and list the ones we'd recommend to foreigners to see. He's so popular his shows sell out in minutes and he even has a doll of his that's just been released and is creating a new kind of hysteria in toy shops and schoolyards. Seeing a Shah Rukh Khan film is worth the ticket price alone, he is guaranteed paisa vasool (worth your money) because for three hours he'll mesmerise you. Take your friends, take your family, see DON. This Diwali/Eid. Don't miss out!

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.