IndiaDivine.org

Iraamaanusa nooRRanthAthi- 100th verse- I pray for continued enjoyment being and serving at your Lotus Feet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SrI:

SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all

Because I am now blessed with discriminatory powers

[vivEkam], and I am now blessed to be drinking the

nectar honey from the Lotus Feet of Sri Ramanuja, all

that I pray for my continued enjoyment of the same

only forever. Sri UttamUr Swamy mentions that this is

the essence of the entire Ramanuja nootranthAthi..

pOnthathen Nnenchennum ponvaNtu unathatip pOthil

oNcheer

aamtheLi thEnuN tamarnthita vENti,nNin paalathuvE

eenthita vENtum iraamaa Nnucha!ithu anRiyonRum

maanthakil laathu,ini maRRonRu kaatti mayakkitalE. 100

EmperumAnArE! Oh Ramanuja! The bee- i.e. my mind

reached the lotus flower of your Lotus Feet to drink

the honey that is cool and most fragrant. Desiring of

that alone should arise in mind and please do not

grant me any other desire to take it away from your

Lotus Feet. Even if granted with something else, those

who consume nectar do not like to eat grass and

similarly, my mind would not like to accept anything

else except Your Lotus feet. If you will, even that

attitude can be granted to mind to reject all else

except Your Lotus Feet. Please do not show me anything

else…

Iraamaanusa - My Ramanuja! EmperumAnArE!

en nenjam ennum pon vaNdu – this golden hued bee- i.e.

my mind;

unadhu adi pOdhil – your Lotus Feet’s [i.e. Your]

oNseer aam- most auspicious attributes [most beautiful

and divine kalyANa guNAs –as Honey]

then uNdu- drinking that honey

amarndhida- to stay there and reside at Your Lotus

Feet forever

vENdi- desiring the same

ninpaal- to you

pOndhadhu- reached.

Adhu E- that alone

eendhida vENdum- You should bless me with..

idhu anRi – other than this honey

onRum maandhagillaadhu – nothing else- my mind can

ever drink..

ini – at this state of mind

maRRu onRu kaatti- please do not show something else

mayakkidal- and tempt me…. [PLEASE don’t]

Some can never be purushaartthams; the lowliest ones

namely, material wealth, the physical health, the

kaivalyam [realizing the jeevathma and having

jeevathma saatshaathkaaram] etc should never be asked

for to the Supreme Almighty. Theugh He is capable of

granting the same, it is like asking a great king for

a kilo of vegetables. A vivEki should not ask for

these things to the nAThan. He is SarVeshwaran. He

could grant even the Highest One- namely mOksha

saamraajyam. One should even NOT seek mOksham to Him.

Instead, one should ask for being at Acharyan’s Lotus

feet for serving him [Acharya] at all times.. That

alone should be the one we should seek.

In the verse- idumE iniya swargatthil- whatever you

may give, and wherever you may place me, I would

gladly accept it as it is Your agnyA. Now, he pleads:

do not show something else and tempt me.. The reason

is: Being at the Lotus feet and drinking the honey

there namely His kalyANa guNAs. If along with that

honey, whatever he decides to grantm or wherever he

decides to place, it is still acceptable. So, idumE

iniya swargatthi… but you need to be there with me

there also.. Don’t ever take me away from those lotus

Feet, Ramanuja..

Similar to dhivi bhuvi vaa of Mukunda mala

divi vA bhuvi vA mamAstu vAsO

narakE vA narakAntaka! prakAmam |

avadhIrita-SAradAravindau caraNau

tE maraNE'pi cintayAmi || 6

Here the King of Kolli Naadu Kulasekara prays for the

lotus feet of the

Lord as Antima Smurithi. Azhwaars and Aacharyals have

begged the Lord to have thoughts about HIM during

their Anthima Prayaanam.

Also this verse of Ramanuja nutranthAthi echoes

Thiruppavai 29th verse – line… maRRai num kaamangaL

maatru..

uRRomEyAvOm umakkE nAm AtcheyvOm- we are always your

property; your dAsars; having surrender at Your feet,

we always are for serving YOU ALONE and none other

than You. For YOU ONLY, we serve and we are

subservient to only You.

maRRai nam kaamangaL maaRRu- KaNNA! Please bless us

not to have any other desires in our heart other than

serving your feet at all times uninterruptedly and

flawlessly

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam

Regards

Namo Narayana

dAsan

______________________________\

____

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.

http://new.mail.

Dear Sri Madhava Kannan:

Congratulations on your "hitting the century" in explaining "Ramanuja Nootrantadi".

You have made it almost a Yagjna to complete this gem of work of Amudanar.

The entire SrivaishNava world is deeply indebted to you for your indefatigable service in making available the Divya sooktis of Azhwars with your own inimitable style and lucid language that make us, common folk to understand clearly the nuances of the esoteric truths imbedded in them.

I have no doubt that we are blessed with an “ Abhinava Periyavaachaan Pillai” in your good self and we are grateful to the Lord for providing us this good fortune to be associated with you.

May your Kainkaryams grow from strength to strength in the days ahead, to provide us with such in-depth insights into the entire Divya Prabandams.

Thanks again

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy

Madhavakkannan V <srivaishnavan , , acharya , nama-singapore , oppiliappan , parakalamatham , , ramanuja , desikasampradaya , bakthi-indonesia Subject: Iraamaanusa nooRRanthAthi- 100th verse- I pray for continued enjoyment being and serving at your Lotus Feet Wed, 29 Nov 2006 04:21:21 -0800 (PST)>SrI:>SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:>>Dearest all>>Because I am now blessed with discriminatory powers>[vivEkam], and I am now blessed to be drinking the>nectar honey from the Lotus Feet of Sri Ramanuja, all>that I pray for my continued enjoyment of the same>only forever. Sri UttamUr Swamy mentions that this is>the essence of the entire Ramanuja nootranthAthi..>>pOnthathen Nnenchennum ponvaNtu unathatip pOthil>oNcheer>aamtheLi thEnuN tamarnthita vENti,nNin paalathuvE>eenthita vENtum iraamaa Nnucha!ithu anRiyonRum>maanthakil laathu,ini maRRonRu kaatti mayakkitalE. 100>>EmperumAnArE! Oh Ramanuja! The bee- i.e. my mind>reached the lotus flower of your Lotus Feet to drink>the honey that is cool and most fragrant. Desiring of>that alone should arise in mind and please do not>grant me any other desire to take it away from your>Lotus Feet. Even if granted with something else, those>who consume nectar do not like to eat grass and>similarly, my mind would not like to accept anything>else except Your Lotus feet. If you will, even that>attitude can be granted to mind to reject all else>except Your Lotus Feet. Please do not show me anything>else…>>Iraamaanusa - My Ramanuja! EmperumAnArE!>en nenjam ennum pon vaNdu – this golden hued bee- i.e.>my mind;>unadhu adi pOdhil – your Lotus Feet’s [i.e. Your]>oNseer aam- most auspicious attributes [most beautiful>and divine kalyANa guNAs –as Honey]>then uNdu- drinking that honey>amarndhida- to stay there and reside at Your Lotus>Feet forever>vENdi- desiring the same>ninpaal- to you>pOndhadhu- reached.>Adhu E- that alone>eendhida vENdum- You should bless me with..>idhu anRi – other than this honey>onRum maandhagillaadhu – nothing else- my mind can>ever drink..>ini – at this state of mind>maRRu onRu kaatti- please do not show something else>mayakkidal- and tempt me…. [PLEASE don’t]>>Some can never be purushaartthams; the lowliest ones>namely, material wealth, the physical health, the>kaivalyam [realizing the jeevathma and having>jeevathma saatshaathkaaram] etc should never be asked>for to the Supreme Almighty. Theugh He is capable of>granting the same, it is like asking a great king for>a kilo of vegetables. A vivEki should not ask for>these things to the nAThan. He is SarVeshwaran. He>could grant even the Highest One- namely mOksha>saamraajyam. One should even NOT seek mOksham to Him.>Instead, one should ask for being at Acharyan’s Lotus>feet for serving him [Acharya] at all times.. That>alone should be the one we should seek.>>In the verse- idumE iniya swargatthil- whatever you>may give, and wherever you may place me, I would>gladly accept it as it is Your agnyA. Now, he pleads:>do not show something else and tempt me.. The reason>is: Being at the Lotus feet and drinking the honey>there namely His kalyANa guNAs. If along with that>honey, whatever he decides to grantm or wherever he>decides to place, it is still acceptable. So, idumE>iniya swargatthi… but you need to be there with me>there also.. Don’t ever take me away from those lotus>Feet, Ramanuja..>>Similar to dhivi bhuvi vaa of Mukunda mala>>divi vA bhuvi vA mamAstu vAsO> narakE vA narakAntaka! prakAmam |>avadhIrita-SAradAravindau caraNau> tE maraNE'pi cintayAmi || 6>>Here the King of Kolli Naadu Kulasekara prays for the>lotus feet of the>Lord as Antima Smurithi. Azhwaars and Aacharyals have>begged the Lord to have thoughts about HIM during>their Anthima Prayaanam.>>Also this verse of Ramanuja nutranthAthi echoes>Thiruppavai 29th verse – line… maRRai num kaamangaL>maatru..>>uRRomEyAvOm umakkE nAm AtcheyvOm- we are always your>property; your dAsars; having surrender at Your feet,>we always are for serving YOU ALONE and none other>than You. For YOU ONLY, we serve and we are>subservient to only You.>>maRRai nam kaamangaL maaRRu- KaNNA! Please bless us>not to have any other desires in our heart other than>serving your feet at all times uninterruptedly and>flawlessly>>EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam>Regards>Namo Narayana>dAsan>>>>>>>Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.>http://new.mail.>>>>