IndiaDivine.org

Conference call details for Ramayanam discourse on 7th january 2007 at the HTA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Bhagavatas:The Conference call details for the Tele-discourse on Srimad Ramayanam on Sunday, 7th January 2007 at the Hindu Temple of Atlanta are given below. Bhagavatas in and around Atlanta Area or passing through the same during the session are cordially invited to attend the discourse in person. Those who are not able to attend in person may log in the Dial Number and Participant Access Code and join the Conference and listen from the comfort of their homes. They are advised to mute their phones by pressing Number "6" to avoid background noise.For your kind information, a couple of feedback from the earlier lecture on 17th December 2006 are appended at the end of this mail.Please have a look at them.DasohamAnbil Ramaswamy==================================================================Conference Details ================================================================== Scheduled Conference Sunday, January 07, 2007 Scheduled Start Time: 10:45 AM Eastern Std Time Scheduled End Time: 12:10 PM Eastern Std Time Scheduled # of Participants: 50 Type of Conference: Web-Scheduled Standard Dial-in Number: 1-712-432-2000 (Iowa) Participant Access Code: 66748 Entry Chimes - EnabledExit Chimes - Enabled======================================================================Copies of feedback-----------------------(1)adiyen rajagopalan pranaamams.adiyongal had the bhagyam of listening to your very impressive and dramatic Srimad Ramayana discourse. It was simply wonderful.As you have mentioned the teleconference quality depends on the cell phone service provider, the phone and the location of the listener. I also had the cell phone here, but connected to the computer speakers, so that it would be loud and everyone can listen. I felt sometimes the reception was intermittent. If you use a blue tooth or wired microphone device (if you are not already doing so) attached to the cell phone, that might reduce the static disturbance. I guess your teleconference was set to conversation mode. That means everyone can hear everyone else. Apparently, some listeners didn't realize that and there were background noises of talking and kids playing etc. For the future lectures, once you are connected, you can press 7 and mute everyone. Alternatively, the listeners can mute/unmute themselves by pressing 6. As for as the content, adiyen is very unworthy to even say anything. All I can say is that the whole discourse was very enjoyable and dramatic, starting from describing the meaning of the word Visvamithra toquoting Kamban's poetry "kaal vannam ingu kanden". Many instances I felt I was watching more of a drama than listening to adiscourse. It was so vivid.Thank you for providing such an enriched and hypnotic performance in English, so that everyone can listen, learn and enjoy. We are all looking forward for the next session.Thank Youadiyen,/rajagopalan======================================================================(2)Dear and respected MamaApologies for not being able to come to the temple on Sunday. Shriya was very cranky the previous night and hence we did not want to disturb her.However I heard the tele-conference and the audio quality was very good. I felt as if I was sitting in front of you at the temple in person. I request our Lord Sriman Narayanan to give me more opportunities tolearn about our sampradayam through your good selves.Seeking your blessingsRegardsPrasanna=====================================================================