IndiaDivine.org

Sri Vishnuchitta kulanandana kalpavalli (Part-43)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sri Parthasarathi thunai

Srimathe ramanujaya Namaha

Srimad Vara Vara MunayE namaha

Sri Vanachala mahA munayE namaha

“What sadhananushtanam (effort taken to achieve the goal) do you have to attain my divine feet” asked krishna to andal. Andal proudly replied, “Why should we do anything when we have got the siddhapunyam (the lord himself being born in our clan). Andal in this paasuram “karavaigal pinsendru” lists out the qualifications they have in order to attain emperuman.

1. “karavaigal pin sendru kAnam sErindunpOm” we haven’t taken any special efforts we don’t have any other acharya than these cows (animals that do not have any knowledge. It is common to call those without knowledge as an animal “jnAna heena: pasu: “)

2. “arivondrum ellAdha Aykulam” Even by birth we are not eligible to attain the knowledge as stated by the sastras. We have been born in a clan were all are ignorant and illiterate.

3. “vun thannai piravi peruntanai punniyam yAm vudaiyOm kuraivondru ellAdha gOvindA!” But that doesn’t disqualify us from reaching your divine feet since we have been blessed to be born in a clan that has also been chosen by you to take avatara. When you are paripoornan (perfect) why should we worry about our flaws.

4. “vunthannOdu vuravEl namakku engu vozhikka vozhiyAdhu” Krishna enquired “Even if I am born in gokulam what is the necessity for me to come to your rescue” Immediately andal replied “Oh! That is because our relationship is so strong that not you or me or even both us is capable of leaving each other.”

5. “ariyAdha pillaigalOm anbinAl vunthannai sirupEr azhaththanavum seeri arulAdhE” After establishing the relationship and necessity for emperuman to accept them andal apologises for all the past done mistakes due to ignorance in order to get his grace. (the vyakhyanam for “sirupEr” is really wonderful. We will see that in a little detail in the next posting)

6. “erivA! nee thArAi parai” This is the prayer to attain the goal (purushArtha)

The above are the requisites for a person who does “siddhOpAya sveekAram” that is one who considers emperuman himself to be the upaya (way) and upEya (goal) and hence surrenders to the lord’s feet.

(To be continued)

Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen ramanuja dAsee

Sumithra Varadarajan