IndiaDivine.org

A Krithi in MeLa Raagam , VaghuLAbharaNam by Mrs. Padma Veeraraghavan of West Mambalam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Oppiliappan BhakthAs :

I would like to share with you a composition in one of the 72 MeLa Raaga KarthAs about BhUmi DEvi Sametha SrI Oppiliappan , whose samprOksha Vaibahvam we enjoyed last Sunday .

Srimathy Padma Veeraraghavan is my elder sister and is a Sangeetha VidvAmsini , whose Gurus are Sri Sangetha Kalanidhis , Ariyakkudi SrI Ramanuja Iyengar , PalakkAd Sri KVN , T.M.Thyagarajan and Professor Sambha Moorthy .Sriman Arjun Ramkumar , Smt. Gayathri Venkataraghavan are two of Her sishyAs. My sister has trained 500 plus Family ladies to

in Sri Godha Stuti over the years and her wish is to train one thousand and sing before ANDAL at Her avatAra Sthalam

Smt.Padma Veeraraghavan has composed more than 200 krithis on our Kula Dhaivam , Sri BhUmi Devi SamEta Sri Oppiliappan . These include the 72 MeLa Raaga Krithis and ThillAna in

Siva Ranjani about Nava NarasimhAs, Various VaraNams etc.

PuzhthivAkkam Sri Oppiliappan Sannidhi would be an abhimAna sthalam close to where she lives

now with her son's family in West Mambalam . If any of you Oppiliappan BhakthAs and Sangeetha RasikAs would be interested to arrange the release of Her forthcoming book on these 72 MeLa Raaga KarthAs with notation at the PuzhuthivAkkam Oppiliappan Temple , please let me know .

It will be anappropriate site to have a small concert cum release of this monograph . You can reach my sister at 2-474-2108 at Station Road, West Mambalam .

Another alternate site for this arangERRam could be SrI Sathya NaarAyaNa Temple right there

at West Mamabalam .

I am building a special web site with the help of Sri Anil of Brisbane , Australia to house my sister's krithis on Sri BhUmi Devi SamEta Sri Oppiliappan .

Meanwhile You can browse the 108th ebook in the Sundarasimham series entitled Sri Oppiliappan Vaibhavam that houses abundant Rg Vedic tributes to Oppiliappan and AakAsa NagareeSa Prapatthi slOkams by VaikunTha Vaasi Sri Srirama DesikAchAr Swamy , adiyEn's first AchAryan .

Sri BhU Vallabhan's ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,

DhAsan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SaThakOpan

http://www.sundarasimham.org

P.S : Dear Arun : Please print a copy of this mail and translate it for your Guru . Thanks

-

Anil T

'Dr.V.Sadagopan' ; 'Sumati R. Sarangapani' ; 'Arun Rajkumar'

Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:54 AM

RE: Thillana in Sivaranjani by Mrs. Padma Veeraraghavan

Dear Sumati,

I have had the good fortune of meeting her in person a few times and can say that She is an very wonderful and inspiring person. Her musical compositions on Sri Oppliappan are as sweet as honey and one has to listen to enjoy this great anubhavam. She has the rare distinction of composing 72 Mela Kartha Kruthis and hopefully soon, we will release the book on that.

I am in the process of revamping the Nadhopasana section of www.sadagopan.org and it should be ready in week’s time for your to download few of her compositions. But for now, I am attaching a favorite of mine.

Sankeertanam : Vande Arula Venum

Ragam: Vakulabarana

Composer: Padhma maami

Singer: Nandini Ranghunathan

Regards,

Anil