IndiaDivine.org

[Vaideekam] Jayaathi Homam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaskaram,

Thankyou very much for your clarification on Sankalpam and wonderful explanation of Jayaathi homam. Your detailed explanation on Jayaathi homam pushes me to learn and get more knowledge about our vaidheegam.

As stated by you, will try to ask the questions related to vaideekam after the upakarma.

Regards,

Muralidharan

"Muralidharan.K.S." <ksmurali wrote:

Namaskaram,In most of the homams, at the end, we perform Jayaathi homam.. What is it for? Is this mandatory for all kinds of homam or any specific purpose only?Regards,Muralidharan***Adiyen,Jayathi homam consists of about sixty "Aavarthies", sixty different devadhas of different duties (portfolio)/department are paid each an "aavarthi" (Aavarthi means puring ghee one time in the homam) withe there respective saanthi manthram. In the vaideekam process, there are three major steps in every homamthe priliminary step which is called as 1."Poorvaangam" or "Purasthath thanthram", 2."Prathana Homamms" or "Karma Vishesha Homams" 3."Uththaraangam" or "Uparishtath thanthram".It is possbile to be same for many homams in the 1 & 3 part. But the 2 part will be different of every karma.Most of the Poorva karma requires "Jayadhi"

Homams.List of some vaideeka karma which requires 'Jayaathi'.Aayushya HomamGruha pravesamGanapathy homamNavagraha HomamSudharsana HomamVradham (maappillai)Udhvaham (marriage)Pravesam (marriage)Sesha Homam (marriage)PumsavanamSeemanthamShastiyaptha PoorthiSadhapishegamand Bhodhayana ChradhamFrom the sankalpam, "Eathath karma samurthyartham Jayaadhi hommam karishye" (indha karma samurudhi adaivadharkkaaha jayaadhi hommam pannuhiren) we can not say any special reason.There is a logic in it, which is not described in any sastram or prayoga books, but in my experience I found it.I guss there should be (minimum) two reasons to do 'Jayaathi'.1. More solids like 'prasadam' had dropped in the agni as 'havis' then to completly burn that havis, the agni should be kept fired and blown for some minutes, so, sutram / prayogam might be made to make it possilble. (Because many simple homams are not having

this)2.A cc of that specific karma is posted to all devadas to get their attention about this karma.Ask many more question but after upakarma we will discuss more.Vasu vadhyar