IndiaDivine.org

[Vaideekam] Vinayakar Chathurthi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Sriman NARAYANA !!!

Dear Vasu mama,

I am awestruck to see this explanation. A shooting reply beautifully put

(Kuzhathai amma vai identify panrathu pathi ezhudhi irundhele).

Looking forward to a lot of enlightenment like this.

--Deepa Balaji.

***Adiyen,

Dear Deepa,

How are you and How is Balaji?

Perumal thought about how to make this girl speak out to satisfy my bhakthan

(myself), and find this as a solution and gave me the example in my mind. All

are HIS leelai what else to say?!

Today I learned that Azhwar had given advice about naming children in 10

paasurams. And got a joke also:

A person who went to Rameswarm for sethu snanam with a group of 50 people in a

bus. He went out of the bus with his copper (sombu) pot. When he wisht to take

bath in the sea; he thought how to safeguard the sombu. He digged the sand and

put the sombu in it and closed with sand. Then he thought how to identify where

we hided the sombu? And he made a lingam on that space with wet sand as

identification. He went to take bath. On return he searched for the place where

he hided the sombu and astonished.

Can Deepa or anybody tell the reason for his emotion?!

Rest in next.

VAsu VAdhyAr.

Srimathe NarAyanAya Namaha !

Srimathe RAmAnujAya Namaha !

Bhagavan anugrahathula ellarum sowkiyam mama. Neenga epdi irukkel ??

I have read those pasurams. But i forgot if it's Periazhwar's or Thirumangai

Mannan's. I was going through them before naming Nirupama.

But ippo neenga solli irukka joke ku enakku context puriala & antha emotion a

guess panna mudila. So unga next mail ku wait panna decide paniten.

And i'll try to actively participate whenever time permits. But i do read all

the messages that are posted.

-- Deepa Balaji.

P.S: Mama, one question. What should we ladies sign like the gents sign 'Adiyen

or Dasan' ? Is it dasyai ??

Resp.VAsu VAdhyAr,

I would like to know whether we need to perform the punyavajanam in case of a HIRANYA shhrardham.

Regards

Bharat.

Srinivasan Deevalur <vaideekam wrote:

***Adiyen,Sri Koorakesar (@) Kooraththazhvan is one of the famouse sishyas of Srimadh Ramanuja.A Chola emporar who is very fond and follower of saivam was started collecting the acceptance signature under a slokam "Shivath Paratharam Naasthi" which means there is no supreme God than 'Shivan'. A Vaishnava minister called "Naaluraan" was working with that chola king. He suggested the king, that 'there is no use of getting signatures of wandering persons and unfamiliar persons are mere waste, a great personality Srimadh Ramanuja who is the only person with whom our sidhandha vidwans are not able to win. If we are able to get the signature of him (Ramanuja) no need to get signature from anyone there after. So, send your sevakas to bring Ramanuja here and ask him to sign. The king accepted for this and sent his sevakas to bring

Ramanuja, but our kooresar came to know about this and he pretended like Ramanuja by wearing the cloths of him to save him from this critical situation. The sevakas took Kooresar and Periyanambigal to the king. Periya nambigal refused to sign. But Kooresar written a different statement under the above sloka as : "Dhronamasthi shivath param" and signed. It means when we have the meaning ' a particular quandity to measure solids' then 'Dhronam' is higher than the quandity 'Shivam'. Nalluran identified the inner meaning of the Sloka to the king. The king ordered to spoil the both eyes of Kooresar and Periya Nambigal. The sevakas spoiled the eyes of Periyanambigal with a heated iron. Kooresar told, I did a plenty of phabham and hence I was forced to see 'phabha aathmas' like you. I feel, that I myself hate my eyes. Immediately saying the above words he taken out both of his eyes with his own hands in a fraction of second.

Periyanambigal immediately died there itself.Still there are lot of incidents to show his sacrifices.Many of the people who are worshiping Vinayaka and Shiva, Paarvathi will not go to a Church or Mosque; is it shows that they are hurting Christians and Muslims? ! Even in the same dress still today I will go to the churches and mosques when a marriage of my friends takes place. I am having a copy of bible in my bookshelf next to Bhagavath Geetha. I could not read Kurron because I hope it is not available in Tamil (not text, language of the verses).VAsu VAdhyArOn 9/2/05, gopal_s6 <polypro wrote: > > Dear Swami,> > Can you please explain the story which you said you will do if> interested ( please see the last line of this page )> > I am an Iyer and keen to understand the story.> > Please oblige me> > > Regards> > S.GOPAL>

> > vaideekam , "rvv21" <ranjan@c...> wrote:> > Dear Swami VAsu VAdhyar,> >> > Am very grateful for the clarification of the stand of the> Sri> > Vaishnava AchAryas on the issue of anya devata worship. This is> very> > interesting to me as I live in a country where most Hindus are not> > specifically Vaishnavas, and therefore worship all the devas> > regularly. Even my own extended family (Iyengar) is not> > very 'Vaishnava' - most people celebrate Ganesh chaturti, worship> > Parvati Devi, navagrahas, ganapati homam etc. I certainly don't> go> > to criticise them but sometimes they may see me as a bit of> > a 'fanatic'/'old-fashioned' when I only do puja for> perumAL/thAyAr.> > This is mainly my Indian relatives - what to speak of my relatives> > living out of India!>

>> > One question I have regarding some of the modern temples is:> we> > often see temples these days with Vishnu/Thaayaar as the main> > deities, but sometimes with sannidhis for Ganesha, Subramaniya and> > Siva even. I have seen some VaikhAnasa and Sri Vaishnava pujaris> > performing archanai even for some of these devatas (despite having> > undergone samashrayaNam themselves). This is not only in the UK -> > even in Bangalore I have seen a Ganapati sannidhi with Vaishnava> > archakas. What I wonder is - because they perform archanai in> > someone else's name, does this not count as 'anya devata pooja'?> That> > is, because they are only performing it for somebody else? '....> > naama dehasya... ' etc. etc.> >> > I ask these questions because you provide help to all> > sampradayams with your services - providing details about

ganapati> > homam, Iyer upakarma/tarpaNams, auspicious days for shaivas,> smaartas> > as well as Vaishnavas - but yet you maintain a clear understanding> of> > vaishnavam for yourself. I think that is a very difficult balance> to> > strike and I wonder sometimes how to do it myself!> >> > I would also be interested to hear more about Vishwaksenar's> > mention in puraaNas, etc. as the other member said already.> >> > best regards,> > with praNaamams> >> > namo naarAyaNAya> >> > Ranjan> >> >> > ***Adiyen,> > Dear Ranjan,> > When I was in 20s (age) I was a serious "Kamatchi Bhakthan", I> used to go to 'Mangadu' Kamatchi temple from Saidapet to Mangadu by> walk every Saturday (15 KM) for one year. I wrote many poems and> bhajans on Kamatchi and released some

books also. My favorite style> is forming poems in Tamil Vowels as first letter. See the below poem:> > "> > Ammaye Neeyum poyye - Nin> > AAndarul Yaavum poyye> > Illaiyendru arivulaarkku - Nin> > Egaiyam iyalbhum poyye> > Unmaye undan naamam - En> > Oonudan Kalandhu vaazhum> > Ezhiluruvadive ninnai> > Eatru agham poruththuvaarku> > Ayyamara meyyaneye> > Ondrulam unnai enni> > O..dha o..r vaayum thandhu> > Auvviyam thanai ahatri - En> > Aham irundhalvai neeye!"> >> > O.. == Nedil long sound of O> > Aham -- used the letter ikh (Ayudha Ezuththu)> > This poem extends for some more lines with the starting> letters "Ka".> >> > Let it be :> > As per vaishnava sidhdhantham everything in the world is belongs> to Mahavishnu only. We should not be a cause to make

any damage on> the properties of him. HE knows very well about everything. HE had> given us some amount of freedom to rome arround in these world. You> might have happen to see, the own mother or father of a one year> child, will ask the child "Kanna amma yaru knadupidi?!", "Amma> Kaatuppa" like that. It menas that the mother wish to know is that> child is able to find its real mother in a crowd of ladies. Like> that 'Perumal' expecting us to identify him. It is not the mistake> of both of 'Perumal' of us. Some children identifies their mother> within few months and some takes few years. Thats all.> > We should realise their inability. The mentality to respect all> and all type of anushtanam is only the 'Pichchai' of our acharyas.> Also, by birth they are having their own acharyas and they should> obey their acharyas verses. That is their dharmam. We should not be> a cause to damage

their dharmam which is also a sin. They should> realise themselves and pray for next birth to moksham. If anybody> feels that I want moksham in this birth itself, then they can go to> any Vaishnava acharya and get 'Pancha samskaram' to become a Sri> Vaishavan. Many Advaidins (great personalitis like Shri Shri Krishna> Premi Maharaj) were did it.> >> > About the latest sannidhis : As per my opinion 99 percent of Koils> constructed on these days are totally constructed in commercial> views. They did not know even thathparyams. Many of us are trying to> satisfy our neibhours and collegues not the Almighty.> > Is there anybody have courrage (on these days) like our great> great acharya "Koorthazhvan"? (Opparum mikkarum illadha thyagi> (Sacrifice)) He lost his eyes by refusing to write a statement> as "Shivath Paradharam naasthi".> > If interested I can explain that story

later.> > VAsu VAdhyAr.> > > > > -- ---------------------------Deevalur N.V.Srinivasan Organizer , Web Master - http://www.ahobilam.com/Group Moderator : Tamil matrimonial vaideekam (AT) googl (DOT) comPhone: 044-24851392 (Chennai - India)I will be available in the late evening.