IndiaDivine.org

[Vaideekam] Fast on Ashtami Day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Mama,

I am very clear when I got ur reply My Pranams to u.Why because I am staying in Dubai,where lot of Gujarathi and sinddhis gents and ladies undergo a lot of fasting on many days,I am in the midst of the ISCON Vaishnavites and all of them undego fast on GokulAshtami day .I hail from a tradtional Brhamin Vadyar family and I have never heard of these kind of fasting .But still I observed,u may say if that is the naattacharam.Now I am clear about our Tamil pazhakkam Vaishanava Tradtions.Thanks-Raman.raman subramanian <rahul_remya wrote:

Respected Vadyar,I stated this question on these colomns before the Gokulastami Days.Again I am raising the question,request ur advice .Why on Gokulastami day,Vaishnavas fast,Is it required,is it d by any veda shastra or purana Viddhi,If fasting is observed is it like Ekadshi fasting,That is taking fruits and any liquid or water avoiding grains, as I did on that day,till midnight.Can the fast be broken after 12 (after ther Lord'sappearance)When the appaerance of the Lord is to take place ,when there is jubilation allround ,why fasting is done on the birth day of Rama and Krishna.Regards Raman***Adiyen,I don't know about fasting on Janmashtami or Sri Rama Navami or any other Jayanthis, As per our periyaval the only Vradham for Vaishnava on Ekadasi which is compulsory not optional. All other Vradhams are only optinal and expecting some

palan. So, I am not keeping / performing Vradhams other than Ekadasi. In Saturdays and Amavasai days also one time meals and tiffin in the nights thats all.VAsu VAdhyAr

Dear Deevalur Swami

According to Kalaprakasika which is a standard book on Muhurta

written by one Narasimhan son of Vardarya and disciple of Vadhula

Varadacarya one should fast on Srijayanti. The author is clearly a

Sri Vaisnava and the book is a traditional jyotish text. So clearly

there seems to be some difference of opinions about fasting on

Srijayanti.

adiyen

Keshava

***Adiyen,

I hope they may have mentioned that when we are doing the Aaradhanam in the

evening, then we should not take food till that. This is in practice everday,

only after the completion of Aaradhanam and taking Deertha Prasadam only we will

take food, nothing special in it. There are room for other opinions which I

don't know.

VAsu VAdhyAr

Namaskarams to one and all of this group and my Namaskaram to Vasu mama

Adiyen wants to say something about this. This message is an heardsay and i didnt find any support for this message. That is on Sri Jayanthi and Sri Nrishma Jayanthi for Ahobila Mutt after Aradhana in the evening they can take food and for Munithriyas they are following full day fasting and they are taking food on the next day like Dhvadasi.

NamaskaramGreg Jay <gregjay wrote:

Dear Deevalur SwamiAccording to Kalaprakasika which is a standard book on Muhurta written by one Narasimhan son of Vardarya and disciple of Vadhula Varadacarya one should fast on Srijayanti. The author is clearly a Sri Vaisnava and the book is a traditional jyotish text. So clearly there seems to be some difference of opinions about fasting on Srijayanti.adiyenKeshava***Adiyen,I hope they may have mentioned that when we are doing the Aaradhanam in the evening, then we should not take food till that. This is in practice everday, only after the completion of Aaradhanam and taking Deertha Prasadam only we will take food, nothing special in it. There are room for other opinions which I don't know.VAsu VAdhyAr -----------------I am here to help you ever -----------------------To Post a message, send it to: vaideekam To Leave this group send a message to: vaideekam- ---------------------------Access Trouble? ------------------------- Be active member, Use all the features: Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Polls, calander. If you have any trouble to use the above web features; you may need to use the "Membership Wizard" to access the above web features. http://help./help/us/groups/groups-52.html Still you have problem? Do write to me.------------------------Did you know ? ------------------------------You can easily find solutions for any of your "Vaideeka" needs;Just visit http://www.ahobilam.com/ once; plenty of information there!Have nice day! With Best regards,

India Matrimony: Find your partner online.Go to http://.shaadi.com